Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

iConnectAudio4+ & USB-C

I have the iCA4+ and their proprietary USB-B to Lightning cable, but I may upgrade to an iOS device with USB-C connection. What are you using as an adapter (Lightning to USB-C) that will still allow me to use the proprietary cable and charge my device plugged into the iCA4+?

Or perhaps there is another option for a USB-B to USB-C cable with charging that is not made by iConnectivity?

Comments

• I'm using the Apple "USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter", I use a USB-C cable for charging and a regular USB-B to USB-A cable for connecting the iPad to the iCA4+.

I tried a USB-B to USB-C cable directly, and it works for communication but not for charging.

• @jipumarino. Which of the new Pros do you have and is it working well with the iconnect?

• @Ben 2018 12.9”, it works great. Passing audio seamlessly to and from a Mac.

An iConnectivity guy said in their forum that it should also work with this, but I already had the Apple adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8YLJ8B

• @jipumarino Thanks for the info. It's too bad that there isn't another solution that means I could continue making use of the iConnectivity proprietary cable / avoid having to charge it with a second cable.

• edited October 15

Sorry to jump in on an old thread here. I just found an iCA4+ online for a decent price so went ahead and ordered one.

My intention was to use two USB-B to USB-C cables to connect to my iPad Pro (AUM/Loopy Pro) and MacBook Pro (Ableton). The ones I got do say they support power delivery. Apparently this was the thing to look out for - as lot are simply transfer cables only.

Also said they were suitable for fast charge, but I don’t expect that to work with the limitation of 2.1A / 10.5A on the AUDIO4+.

I’ll check back in if it works, or not. I’m fed up of using multiple dongles - so although this seemed like a good solution on paper - if it doesn’t work I will be somewhat deflated. I’d have just got the 4C, although, at less than half the price... I couldn’t refuse.

Not necessarily looking forward to the setup up, but I’m excited to (hopefully) eventually have a seamless experience between devices.

Anyone else here still using this setup?

@NoiseFloored said:
    I'm using the Apple "USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter", I use a USB-C cable for charging and a regular USB-B to USB-A cable for connecting the iPad to the iCA4+.

I tried a USB-B to USB-C cable directly, and it works for communication but not for charging.

• Hi @leereidy . Conventional USB only passes power downstream, from a USB-A connector on the host computer to a USB-B or other connector on the slave. I would not expect a USB-B to USB-C cable to feed power from the USB-B port to the special Power Delivery leads on the USB-C. That's why you need a dongle or hub with an actual USB-C PD input to feed power to the iPad. The proprietary Lightning cable from iConnectivity uses trickery to make this work.