Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Anyone Using iRig With Koala?

I’ve been thinking about getting iRig to get sounds into Koala? Can you do it directly? Anyone got experience?

Comments

• Just checked with iRig PRO
    (the rectangular version 1).
    Worked flawless.

• I sometimes use an iRig and a 3.5mm-to-lightning-adapter with Koala and it works great for both electric guitar and an old Casio keyboard. Sound quality isn't the absolute best maybe but perfectly acceptable (and more than adequate for lo-fi =)

• @Silvertip said:
    Just checked with iRig PRO
    (the rectangular version 1).
    Worked flawless.

Brilliant! Thanks.

• @chrka said:
    I sometimes use an iRig and a 3.5mm-to-lightning-adapter with Koala and it works great for both electric guitar and an old Casio keyboard. Sound quality isn't the absolute best maybe but perfectly acceptable (and more than adequate for lo-fi =)

Does iRig need the lightning adapter to work?

• @looperboy I have the ”plain” iRig that connects to the headphone jack (it’s not a real audio interface). My iPhone doesn’t have that but Apple’s adapter works.

• @chrka said:
    @looperboy I have the ”plain” iRig that connects to the headphone jack (it’s not a real audio interface). My iPhone doesn’t have that but Apple’s adapter works.

Right! Thanks.

• I just plugged in my iRig HD2 to test, and that works fine recording into Koala. It only records clean guitar, or you can apply the eight standard effects (I can’t see that there is a way to apply the Performance effects playing live).

Rather than plugging straight into Koala I’d probably set up Koala in AUM though, giving the option to record with AU effects.

• edited December 2022

@looperboy said:

@chrka said:
    I sometimes use an iRig and a 3.5mm-to-lightning-adapter with Koala and it works great for both electric guitar and an old Casio keyboard. Sound quality isn't the absolute best maybe but perfectly acceptable (and more than adequate for lo-fi =)

@chrka said:
    @looperboy I have the ”plain” iRig that connects to the headphone jack (it’s not a real audio interface). My iPhone doesn’t have that but Apple’s adapter works.

Switching to a digital irig will be a day and night difference ;) the irig with headphone jack is basically just an impedance changer/passive DI box and uses the dac of the phone (or in this case of the lightning adapter) itself. So not a whole lot more functionality than a 6,3->3,5mm adapter

That thing was the first „recording equipment“ I ever bought and i was very glad to return it, results were incredibly noisy especially when used with an amp-sim. But idk, maybe the lightning adapter gives better results than with the ipad mini 1 and 2 i used back then…

I feel like the digital irig interfaces get a bad name because they’re so often thrown together with the passive 3,5mm jack version

• @dobbs said:

@looperboy said:

@chrka said:

@chrka said:

Switching to a digital irig will be a day and night difference ;) the irig with headphone jack is basically just an impedance changer/passive DI box and uses the dac of the phone (or in this case of the lightning adapter) itself. So not a whole lot more functionality than a 6,3->3,5mm adapter

That thing was the first „recording equipment“ I ever bought and i was very glad to return it, results were incredibly noisy especially when used with an amp-sim. But idk, maybe the lightning adapter gives better results than with the ipad mini 1 and 2 i used back then…

I feel like the digital irig interfaces get a bad name because they’re so often thrown together with the passive 3,5mm jack version

Very true. I bought iRig Stream in the end, for the stereo phono inputs, and the quality is perfect. Straight into Koala too. It works like a dream.

• Is it possible to use the loopback function of the new iRig HD X to record in Koala the audio playing from other applications like YouTube or Spotify?