Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Why Cubasis split my midi file in 5 parts?

I want to learn a piece of piano on my Linnstrument.

I downloaded the midi file of a piano piece. I put the midi file in a midi track in Cubasis 3, but for whatever reason, the file has been split in something like 5 midi tracks.

Not sure to understand why.

My goal is to put the midi track in Cubasis and sending the midi note to my Linnstrument so I can see the right note to play. I hope I'm clear with my clumsy English.

Thank you.

Comments

• The file you downloaded is probably in Midi 1 format, where each track is separated. Try to look for a file in Midi 0 format.

• @tobi77 said:
    The file you downloaded is probably in Midi 1 format, where each track is separated. Try to look for a file in Midi 0 format.

Very useful information. Thank you.

• Just to add- five different MIDI tracks usually means the MIDI information contained in the file is intended to be played by five different instruments. Are you certain that all five MIDI tracks must be combined to replicate the piano part? Or is the piano part contained in just one of those tracks?

• I have problems using MIDITapeRecorder in Garageband to 'export Midi'.
    I find that it records MIDI from one track in GB across a whole bunch of MIDI tracks so when I import it into Cubasis it is a mess.

To solve this I used an Atom2 in AUM to play the saved MIDI, then a Mozaic script to process the MIDI and put it all on one channel, then record the output of the Mozaic script to a second Atom2 where I export the MIDI. I then load it into Cubasis and it works fine.

If you have AUM, Atom2, and Mozaic then this'll work for you too.

If anyone knows of an easier way, let me know!

• @abf said:
    Just to add- five different MIDI tracks usually means the MIDI information contained in the file is intended to be played by five different instruments. Are you certain that all five MIDI tracks must be combined to replicate the piano part? Or is the piano part contained in just one of those tracks?

It's a fugue.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Lots of piano MIDI files are multi-track like this. Some have separate left and right hand tracks. Some have more.

• @belldu said:
    I have problems using MIDITapeRecorder in Garageband to 'export Midi'.
    I find that it records MIDI from one track in GB across a whole bunch of MIDI tracks so when I import it into Cubasis it is a mess.

To solve this I used an Atom2 in AUM to play the saved MIDI, then a Mozaic script to process the MIDI and put it all on one channel, then record the output of the Mozaic script to a second Atom2 where I export the MIDI. I then load it into Cubasis and it works fine.

Are you recording MPE data into MTR?

• @espiegel123 said:

@belldu said:
    I have problems using MIDITapeRecorder in Garageband to 'export Midi'.

Are you recording MPE data into MTR?

I wasn't trying to... I get this recording pretty any GB track to MIDI through MTR.
    But I have a laborious solution that works as described above. It will solve OPs issue too, there are a bunch of patchstorage scripts that can remap midichannels.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@abf said:
    Just to add- five different MIDI tracks usually means the MIDI information contained in the file is intended to be played by five different instruments. Are you certain that all five MIDI tracks must be combined to replicate the piano part? Or is the piano part contained in just one of those tracks?

It's a fugue.

I see.

@wim said:
    Lots of piano MIDI files are multi-track like this. Some have separate left and right hand tracks. Some have more.

Good to know. I've never actually downloaded a MIDI file so that is news to me.