Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Totally blind with a question about step sequencer in melodic mode?

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well and staying safe. I'm Trey from the UK as some of you may remember, I'm totally blind though I haven't posted on here in a very long while. I'm running Logic Pro on iPad mini six with the VoiceOver screen reader. I understand that win sequencing a drum kit with the step seequencer, diffrent rows with different notes represent individual drums, however when seequencing a melodic instrument, for example, one of Logics synthesisers, lots of different rows with a different note, assigned to each row still appear in the step sequencer this makes no sense to me, as there is only one instrument to sequence as opposed to several different types of drums that come in a drum kit. Why is this happening with melodic instruments and is there any way I can change this behaviour to only have one step sequencer row? with the melodic setting? Your help with this problem will be most welcome thank you very much everyone big respect and keep making wicked beats everyone. Blessings Trey.

Comments

• edited June 2023

@soundwarrior20 said:
    Hi everyone, hope you're doing well and staying safe. I'm Trey from the UK as some of you may remember, I'm totally blind though I haven't posted on here in a very long while. I'm running Logic Pro on iPad mini six with the VoiceOver screen reader. I understand that win sequencing a drum kit with the step seequencer, diffrent rows with different notes represent individual drums, however when seequencing a melodic instrument, for example, one of Logics synthesisers, lots of different rows with a different note, assigned to each row still appear in the step sequencer this makes no sense to me, as there is only one instrument to sequence as opposed to several different types of drums that come in a drum kit. Why is this happening with melodic instruments and is there any way I can change this behaviour to only have one step sequencer row? with the melodic setting? Your help with this problem will be most welcome thank you very much everyone big respect and keep making wicked beats everyone. Blessings Trey.

Hey Trey. Yes I found it a little bit strange too that the default pattern that is created for a synth has individual notes per row. I think you could have some fun with this by giving different rows with different notes different loop lengths and such. But it seems kind of strange as a default.

Anyway, there is a plus button at the top of the step sequencer that lets you add additional rows or lanes. If you tap that, you get a menu. The first choice in the menu is Notes, and the first choice in its sub-menu is Melodic. If you add this melodic lane, I think it will be what you were expecting. The melodic lane has sub lanes for controlling the note, octave, gate, etc. You can delete the other lanes that contain individual notes if you want to.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: OK, maybe it’s not all that strange of a default. I’ve mostly used this with drums so far. But with the melodic lane, it’s actually a little bit fiddly to set the note value with the slider. I found it works best with the pencil. But when the notes are all on individual lanes, you can just tap them to turn them on. It’s really kind of easier that way. You can add/remove lanes for the notes you want in it, or set the existing ones to what you want.