Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Hey… making my presence known

What’s up everybody? I am a hobbyist beat maker, sound designer & awkward creative. Music making & tinkering has been a passion of mine since the early 80’s. I come from a DIY background, using headphones as mics, splicing wires to create multiple imports, etc. I stumbled upon this forum early 2020 prior to buying my iPad. Every day I would check posts related to new apps, effects & tutorials……. However, I took recommendations a tad too serious by downloading & buying every app that fits my vibe. I’m embarrassed to say that I purchased apps I have yet to try. Either way, I am grateful for discovering this site & the amazing apps featured here. Each purchase is essentially an investment. I love learning new techniques and trying odd ways to create.

Peace & love to you all

Comments

• Hi, you're not alone with the pile of unused apps, that probably mostly are great :)

• @jdp000 said:
    Welcome!

Thank you

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    Hi, you're not alone with the pile of unused apps, that probably mostly are great :)

Glad to know I’m not alone. I’ve seen users here and other places warn against the “pile up” yet I payed no attention. We all have an app that we forgot was installed, only to find out that it was pure “gold” the whole time

• Hi. I’m fairly new myself, lurked since I got the M1 iPad on release day because I wanted to transition to “mobile studio”

Biggest mistake ever:This forum consumed my wallet. Now that it’s empty I now linger here wantonly, my music languishing.

No I keed I keed. It’s the bees knees. It helped me save money, helped me find apps I looked for, and I even won Gavinski contest who you should subscribe to on all the platforms (@GavinskisTutorials) I believe, so it is really a great drama free place to get the absolute best information you can find on audio production on iOS .

One thing I didn’t even know until a developer told me was they actually are on here. Like even big names like Roland. The best devs like Bram Bos and Beepstreet actually listen to feedback. So if you need help sometimes your getting direct info which is so cool

What kind of music do you do? What apps do you like to use?

• @dreamcartel said:

Thanks for the useful info. I believe I found this site indirectly via @Gavinski
    I mainly make HipHop (Boom Bap/LoFi) & experimental. Currently, I am addicted to FL Mobile, AUM & Koala Sampler.

• @dogonBeats said:

@dreamcartel said:

Thanks for the useful info. I believe I found this site indirectly via @Gavinski
    I mainly make HipHop (Boom Bap/LoFi) & experimental. Currently, I am addicted to FL Mobile, AUM & Koala Sampler.

I've made Boom Bap and Lofi. I made one EP entirely in FLSM. Great app! AUM and Koala are also great apps. Do you have anywhere online we can listen to your music? :)

• edited September 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I've made Boom Bap and Lofi. I made one EP entirely in FLSM. Great app! AUM and Koala are also great apps. Do you have anywhere online we can listen to your music? :)

I rarely post online. That is a habit that I would like to slowly break.
    https://instagram.com/reel/CrmT1qXO94q/

The IG real is a simple loop chopped along with a breakbeat. The beat itself was only to serve as a backdrop to the animation. Next, is a link of previous pieces made between 2007-2012 (posted around 2013 under the name Elemental Sound Productions) https://soundcloud.com/elementalsoundproductions/tracks These were produced prior to my transition to mobile. I believe they were all made on FL Studio 9 xxl. That was around the same time I made the switch from hardware to digital.

Btw, I checked a previous post of yours regarding a LoFi EP. That inspired me to actually sign up for the forum.

Feedback from the community is more than welcome.

• @dogonBeats said:
    Btw, I checked a previous post of yours regarding a LoFi EP. That inspired me to actually sign up for the forum.

Omg thanks mate. :) I will definitely check your music once back home.

• Welcome! Peace and love back at ya @dogonBeats

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Welcome! Peace and love back at ya @dogonBeats

Thank you

• @dogonBeats Fantastic music! Followed you on SoundCloud. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic thank you. Followed back.

• @dogonBeats said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic thank you. Followed back.

Thanks mate. :)

• Not to sidetrack with your intro. It I would post my album on SoundCloud BUT it’s embarrassing. You guys are good and jwm (Jim) is one of the best man. I love his productions of many genres, I don’t bump them all after this Morning activity ;)

There’s a lot of talent on this forum /and people actually produce music. I have 50 projects in Zenbeats I worked on and 30 in dRambo and guess how many songs? That’s right exactly

My singer and drummer really made a bad mix and master. (Maybe if I post it someone would show me how to remix a track or two? Or remix one and tell me what you did lol )

• Welcome to the forum, shot you a follow on Souncloud just now :) good stuff!

And as others have said, no shame. We all have big piles of apps, some of which are a bit underused 😂

• Welcome, bro. Post on Creations!

• @dreamcartel you should post it. I am not well versed at mixing & mastering. Come to think of it, I’ve always been too impatient and lazy to mix. You should post it because this community is pretty helpful. I’m still learning and maybe one day my mixing will be up to par.

@HotStrange thanks. I will make sure to follow back. As for the stockpile of apps; maybe it can be a blessing in disguise. We will find a use for them

@LinearLineman thank you. I posted something there a while earlier. Here’s the link if interested https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/57539/let-it-rock

• @dreamcartel said:
    Not to sidetrack with your intro. It I would post my album on SoundCloud BUT it’s embarrassing. You guys are good and jwm (Jim) is one of the best man. I love his productions of many genres, I don’t bump them all after this Morning activity ;)

Damn mate. 😳 Thank you lol. You're so kind. ☺️

• Nice intro @dogonBeats - welcome. You too @dreamcartel 🤟

• @dogonBeats said:
    What’s up everybody? I am a hobbyist beat maker, sound designer & awkward creative. Music making & tinkering has been a passion of mine since the early 80’s. I come from a DIY background, using headphones as mics, splicing wires to create multiple imports, etc. I stumbled upon this forum early 2020 prior to buying my iPad. Every day I would check posts related to new apps, effects & tutorials……. However, I took recommendations a tad too serious by downloading & buying every app that fits my vibe. I’m embarrassed to say that I purchased apps I have yet to try. Either way, I am grateful for discovering this site & the amazing apps featured here. Each purchase is essentially an investment. I love learning new techniques and trying odd ways to create.

Peace & love to you all

Welcome @dogonBeats!

Don’t feel bad about those app. At least GAS is a lot cheaper on iPad. :smile:

I’ve probably spent $1,000+ on music iOS apps throughout the years. If it was VSTs on Mac, it would probably be around $10-20k. If it was hardware, well, we’re talking well over $100k.

Another way of looking at it is that you are supporting the app developers that spend their time creating these amazing apps and AUs.

• Welcome, if you ever make it out to the San Francisco Bay Area give me a holler.

• Welcome! Glad you found us! You’ll fit right in.

• @gusgranite Thank you for the warm welcome.

@reezygle You are 100% correct about that. To invest that much only speaks to dedication of the craft. The devs indeed need their just due. The countless time, effort and sacrifices it takes to provide one amazing app shouldn’t go unnoticed.

@johnfromberkeley I’ve witnessed a lot of good things in the Bay. Although I never been, I would like to connect with artists from that area

@Edward_Alexander Thank you. I am glad as well.