Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

R.I.P. Shane MacGowan

edited November 2023 in Other Music Content

Very sad day, so long...

Comments

• Ah wow, he had a god damn pretty long run though, all things considered. Did some amazing stuff, this one being my personal fave:

R.I.P. Shane

• He once bumrushed a small gig I was at in London. The young band didn’t know what to do because they were like “Oh wow, the legend Shane MacGowan is on stage with us!” So they gave him the mic. He proceeded to face them down and chant over and over into the mic while pointing at the band “I can take you on! I can take you on!”

He was a creative force to be reckoned with. RIP Shane.

• Heartbreaking.

• Sad to see him go - larger than life personality, and wrote some damn fine songs.

The Fairytale of New York will be doubly poignant this year.

• Shane MacGowan.

“Having grown up in an Irish republican family, MacGowan said in 2015 that he regretted not joining the IRA”.

The IRA killed innocent people and children. Sorry, but as a former British soldier, I have no time for the IRA. Sorry, but I cannot and will not join in the love-in for this IRA supporter. I’m disappointed to see a number of people I admire on here mourning the loss of a terrorist supporter.

• Ouch, I have so many great memories of listening to the Pogues. Got to see them once and they were unbridled energy and fun.

• 😢
    Rest in Peace and streams of Whiskey!

• @Wyvern said:
    Shane MacGowan.

“Having grown up in an Irish republican family, MacGowan said in 2015 that he regretted not joining the IRA”.

The IRA killed innocent people and children. Sorry, but as a former British soldier, I have no time for the IRA. Sorry, but I cannot and will not join in the love-in for this IRA supporter. I’m disappointed to see a number of people I admire on here mourning the loss of a terrorist supporter.

Oh, come on. Do you have any idea how much shit Shane MacGowan said over the years?? We’re not mourning him as a man of virtue and morality…

You don’t think there will be a thread mourning Morrissey ‘the songwriter’ when he dies regardless of his loathsome views?

• @Wyvern said:
    Shane MacGowan.

I'm not an IRA supporter, and didn't know that, so thanks for pointing it out. But it must also be pointed out that the very thing that led to the surge in popularity of the IRA was...the British Army killing a bunch of innocent people on Bloody Sunday. Not to mention the British killing many other innocent Irish people, both directly and indirectly, during centuries of colonial rule. But this is not really a topic for this forum, and not really one I would want to spend time on off the forum either. I'm just glad not to be in Northern Ireland with its terrible legacy of sectarianism any more, tbh

• @Gavinski said:

@Wyvern said:
    Shane MacGowan.

I'm not an IRA supporter, and didn't know that, so thanks for pointing it out. But it must also be pointed out that the very thing that led to the surge in popularity of the IRA was...the British Army killing a bunch of innocent people on Bloody Sunday. Not to mention the British killing many other innocent Irish people, both directly and indirectly, during centuries of colonial rule. But this is not really a topic for this forum, and not really one I would want to spend time on off the forum either. I'm just glad not to be in Northern Ireland with its terrible legacy of sectarianism any more, tbh

I agree, we really shouldn’t be going down this path at all, as I’m sure you know where it usually leads. I do too, and it’s never good.

Maybe we should all just stick to what he did musically, and accept he was a very flawed man too (as are so many other musicians - that’s just the way life works).

• edited December 2023

@michael_m said:

@Gavinski said:

I agree, we really shouldn’t be going down this path at all, as I’m sure you know where it usually leads. I do too, and it’s never good.

Maybe we should all just stick to what he did musically, and accept he was a very flawed man too (as are so many other musicians - that’s just the way life works).

All mens are flawed, not only musicians, and is there any Nation's Army in this world who hasn't spilled the blood of innocent women and children?
    Calling everyone who commented here somehow sympathetic to the IRA terrorist cause sounds as extreme as MacGowan's comment itself. Now if the commenter was as high on substances as MacGowan was throughout his life that could explain things a bit.
    People dropped a word here because they recognised the songwriting genius of Shane MacGowan not his stupidity during his public appearances which was mainly fueled by alcohol, Heroin, taste for provocation, and some early age trauma that crystallized into hatred towards the British Empire.
    That being said, If anyone hates Shane MacGowan that much, they are still free to drink themselves to death and go pee on his grave. There are enough conflicts at the moment in this world, this forum is not the place to reopen painful wounds.

• @JanKun said:

“Having grown up in an Irish re> @michael_m said:

@Gavinski said:

All mens are flawed, not only musicians, and is there any Nation's Army in this world who hasn't spilled the blood of innocent women and children?
    Calling everyone who commented here somehow sympathetic to the IRA terrorist cause sounds as extreme as MacGowan's comment itself. Now if the commenter was as high on substances as MacGowan was throughout his life that could explain things a bit.
    People dropped a word here because they recognised the songwriting genius of Shane MacGowan not his stupidity during his public appearances which was mainly fueled by alcohol, Heroin, taste for provocation, and some early age trauma that crystallized into hatred towards the British Empire.
    That being said, If anyone hates Shane MacGowan that much, they are still free to drink themselves to death and go pee on his grave. There are enough conflicts at the moment in this world, this forum is not the place to reopen painful wounds.

Well said! 👏 Man I'm sick of politics here, no matter if I agree with the politics or not. I come here to avoid that rubbish and instead talk music and such.

I'm also sad he passed. Shane was an amazing musician and songwriter. Maybe a flawed person, but who here is without some flaws?

@Wyvern Please save your political rants for social media and/or the "other" section and/or people who actually give a care about what you think. As I said to JanKun, I don't care about politics when I'm here to read about music news.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@JanKun said:

@Gavinski said:

Well said! 👏 Man I'm sick of politics here, no matter if I agree with the politics or not. I come here to avoid that rubbish and instead talk music and such.

I'm also sad he passed. Shane was an amazing musician and songwriter. Maybe a flawed person, but who here is without some flaws?

@Wyvern Please save your political rants for social media and/or the "other" section and/or people who actually give a care about what you think. As I said to JanKun, I don't care about politics when I'm here to read about music news.

Wow, didn’t expect that kind of pile-on. You might think he was an amazing musician and songwriter, I don’t, and I’ve heard a bit of his music over the years. Each to their own. There’ll be artists I like that you don’t I’m sure. Sorry, but in my humble opinion he wasn’t amazing but I accept you have the perfect right to think he was.

• This is sad news. He was about as far from AI as it gets. A true organic artist creating from the heart and experience. R.I.P. brother.

• I don’t know anything about the personal life of any artist because I follow their art creation alone.

I would like to apologize to any Englishman or Irishman on this forum. My intention was to send “Rest in Peace” to the musician and his fantastic music alone. I’m so sorry if I did any harm doing this, please forgive me!

• @Luxthor said:
    I don’t know anything about the personal life of any artist because I follow their art creation alone.

I would like to apologize to any Englishman or Irishman on this forum. My intention was to send “Rest in Peace” to the musician and his fantastic music alone. I’m so sorry if I did any harm doing this, please forgive me!

Don't worry, I think most of us are on the same page there. If you could only listen to music by people morally untainted in any way, you basically couldn't listen to anyone!

• Great songwriter, and incredible lyricist. The life and vividness of his storytelling was something else.

Well, Jimmy played harmonica in the pub where I was born
    He played it from the night time to the peaceful early morn
    He soothed the souls of psychos and the men who had the horn
    And they all looked very happy in the morning

Now Jimmy didn't like his place in this world of ours
    Where the elephant man broke strong men's necks
    When he'd had too many Powers
    So sad to see the grieving of the people that I'm leaving
    And he took the road for God knows in the morning

We walked him to the station in the rain
    We kissed him as we put him on the train
    And we sang him a song of times long gone
    Though we knew that we'd be seeing him again
    sad to say I must be on my way
    So buy me beer and whiskey 'cause I'm going far away (far away)
    I'd like to think of me returning when I can
    To the greatest little boozer and to Sally MacLennane

The years passed by the times had changed I grew to be a man
    I learned to love the virtues of sweet Sally MacLennane
    I took the jeers and drank the beers and crawled back home at dawn
    And ended up a barman in the morning

I played the pump and took the hump and watered whiskey down
    I talked of whores and horses to the men who drank the brown
    I heard them say that Jimmy's making money far away
    And some people left for heaven without warning

We kissed him as we put him on the train

When Jimmy came back home, he was surprised that they were gone
    He asked me all the details of the train that they went on
    Some people they are scared to croak but Jimmy drank until he choked
    And he took the road for heaven in the morning

And we kissed him as we put him on the train

• @Wyvern said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@JanKun said:

@Gavinski said:

Wow, didn’t expect that kind of pile-on. You might think he was an amazing musician and songwriter, I don’t, and I’ve heard a bit of his music over the years. Each to their own. There’ll be artists I like that you don’t I’m sure. Sorry, but in my humble opinion he wasn’t amazing but I accept you have the perfect right to think he was.

That's fair. We all have our unique subjective tastes regarding music we like to listen to. Sorry if I was blunt mate.

• I wouldn't say I loved Shane MacGowan's whole catalog, but for me, the best Pogues songs go places where few others do: "Fairytale of New York" never fails to give me chills; "Sally MacLennane" and "Bottle of Smoke" are magical, distilled adrenaline and joy. They're as perfect as "Blowin' in the Wind" or "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction."

But I will also admit that part to the attraction to the band was that MacGowan was such a disaster — Ha, that's awesome, my young friends and I all agreed. Which is ... complicated. I'm still unpacking that. Also still baffled that he hadn't died earlier and also that he was only 65.

As for his political stance? When you're not intimately affected by armed conflict, it's easy to take the opinion that one side's freedom fighter is another side's terrorist. But @Wyvern has a line in the sand, and Shane MacGowan is on the other side. That's fine, but I can't approach art that way.

This is a great essay by Claire Dederer who later expanded it into a book.
    What Do We Do With the Art of Monstrous Men? mostly deals with filmmakers and writers, like Roman Polanski. But it's well worth reading if you ever feel complicated about laughing at "Annie Hall."

• Looks like there’s a campaign to get Fairytale of New York to number one in the UK singles charts this year. While I don’t live there, I’m sure it would be way better for anyone there to hear this song at Christmas than the trite garbage that usually tops the chart.

• And here's a gift link to a New York Times story about how Shane MacGowan just invented the "boys in the NYPD choir" for the song, and then they had to find one when MTV wanted a video.

The Real Story Behind Shane MacGowan's "Boys of the N.Y.P.D. Choir"

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    And here's a gift link to a New York Times story about how Shane MacGowan just invented the "boys in the NYPD choir" for the song, and then they had to find one when MTV wanted a video.

I never knew what he was saying in that ‘the boys of the NYPD choir’ line of the song when I was young haha. I always thought he was saying something like ‘the voice of the young wife screaming loud’ looool. God bless the old pre google days of having to guess lyrics of songs you heard on Top of the Pops

• @Gavinski said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    And here's a gift link to a New York Times story about how Shane MacGowan just invented the "boys in the NYPD choir" for the song, and then they had to find one when MTV wanted a video.

I never knew what he was saying in that ‘the boys of the NYPD choir’ line of the song when I was young haha. I always thought he was saying something like ‘the voice of the young wife screaming loud’ looool. God bless the old pre google days of having to guess lyrics of songs you heard on Top of the Pops

YES. The lyrics that I invented for the first two REM records are so much better — so much more mysterious! — than the supposedly correct ones that scroll by on Spotify.

• edited December 2023

R.I.P. Shane :'(

Waltzing matilda is probably one of the songs I've listened to the most in my life… I don't know why but this one with Suzan Vega's "The Queen and the soldier" and The Cure's "Siamse Twins" have always hypnotized me… to the point that, when I was a teenager, I had a 90mn audio tape with only these 3 songs looping B)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Wyvern said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@JanKun said:

@Gavinski said:

That's fair. We all have our unique subjective tastes regarding music we like to listen to. Sorry if I was blunt mate.

Cheers 👍

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Gavinski said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

YES. The lyrics that I invented for the first two REM records are so much better — so much more mysterious! — than the supposedly correct ones that scroll by on Spotify.

As a non-native English speaker, I am glad to hear native speakers do these kinds of things too !

• Rest In Peace to an incredible artist and remarkable individual.