Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

how to create a sample chopper?

edited January 7 in Loopy Pro

hello,

i try to create a tool, that allows me to record chopped samples.
the idea is to have a device that is fed sound into on the go , chops it and feeds it into a clip.
my solution till now is to have my soundbank(blue) ,where i drag the sounds out into a clip button, that „stores“ it, to then give it into a clip slicer.i want to have a button next to it i can press to retrospectively record the chopped clip-play and have the sound given into a clip next to this button.(from left to right)

what i hope from this is to have a cool breakbeat device or a vocal buildup tool.combined with effects this should do really cool.

the blue clip group would be the sounds, the magenta group would be the clip chopping device.

my problem now is that i donˋt know how to have the last clip in the magenta group recording the sound of the clip slicer(8 buttons) in the middle.

does anybody have an answer?

:)

Comments

• @roggmanatee I am not quite following what you mean. Can you explain it in terms of :2
    When press X, I want Y to happen

• edited January 9

@roggmanatee said:
    hello,

i try to create a tool, that allows me to record chopped samples.
    the idea is to have a device that is fed sound into on the go , chops it and feeds it into a clip.
    my solution till now is to have my soundbank(blue) ,where i drag the sounds out into a clip button, that „stores“ it, to then give it into a clip slicer.i want to have a button next to it i can press to retrospectively record the chopped clip-play and have the sound given into a clip next to this button.(from left to right)

what i hope from this is to have a cool breakbeat device or a vocal buildup tool.combined with effects this should do really cool.

the blue clip group would be the sounds, the magenta group would be the clip chopping device.

my problem now is that i donˋt know how to have the last clip in the magenta group recording the sound of the clip slicer(8 buttons) in the middle.

does anybody have an answer?

:)

In the mixer, route magenta track to other track color (which will record magenta chop action) in addition to the default main 1(+2) outs. Replace the final magenta clip in your template with the new color.
    And if needed, turn off any audio sources routed into magenta.

• well thx, that was fast and simple.
    nice:)

• @roggmanatee said:
    well thx, that was fast and simple.
    nice:)

Glad to hear :)