Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Loopy Pro Gear directory

A major barrier for new Loopy Pro users seems to be putting together a setup with solid gear. So I’ve just created a new gear directory for Loopy Pro: a user-created database of hardware that works well. If you have the time and inclination, I’d be incredibly grateful if you could help populate it with your own experiences! (And also make sure that everything’s working properly, as I haven’t tested it a great deal!).

Here it is: https://gear.loopypro.com/?access_token=fcf609ec

Comments

• Fantastic idea! Added Korg NanoKontrol.

• Superb idea!

• This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some on my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

You have to Bluetooth connect them one at a time (a quick tap makes them active), but crucially they have an individual ID, so loopy is remembering my control assignments, whichever order I connect them in.

Battery life is advertised as 2 years, with a swappable coin battery.

At the moment I have them set up as Rec (hold to clear)/Next/Previous - you can set different CCs in the Flic app for single tap/double tap (which I’ve not tried yet) and hold.

They are expensive, around £60 for 3, but so far they’re doing everything I hoped for and more, no usability friction beyond the initial setup.

Once I’ve put them through some thorough further testing I’ll add them to the gear directory. You can use them to control smart devices, but nothing in my house is as smart as Loopy Pro.

• @steve99 said:
    This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

……

Sounds cool. If you could add them to the directory that would be great!

• @espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:
    This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

……

Sounds cool. If you could add them to the directory that would be great!

A few more days rigorous testing first :) Sorry my guitar is so dusty and dirty, looked ok on my phone, but feel deeply ashamed now I'm seeing it on a big screen... will get the duster to it forthwith.

• @steve99 said:
    This seems like a good place to mention ‘Flic’ buttons. I’ve stuck some on my travel guitar and they seem excellent for controlling Loopy Pro. You can configure them to send midi CC and then connect like any other Bluetooth midi device.

This is wonderful !! I was looking for such type of controlers to play with a group, and it is, in fact, the kind of product i was looking for. As you said a bit pricey, but if the battery life is as they claim, it's really a great deal.

Thank you for sharing.

• edited May 18

Thank you @steve99 for sharing this. I didn't even know something like this existed. It would be a much better solution than M-Chocolate for my needs.
    Is this pack what you mentioned?
    https://flic.io/shop/flic-2-three-pack

• edited May 18

@filo01 said:
    Is this pack what you mentioned?
    https://flic.io/shop/flic-2-three-pack

That’s them. I believe the black ones are coming back in stock now too.

I’ve stuck mine to a metal ‘door’ plate and then stuck a strip magnet on a few different guitars, so I can move it as needed.

Getting going each time in Loopy Pro is fairly painless (just Bluetooth connect), although at first Loopy didn’t necessarily recognise each one as the same button each time, so I had to redo the midi learn until all three possibilities were saved for each button - if that doesn’t make sense now it will once you’ve had to do it. That’s after initially setting the Cc number in the Flic app.

I will try to document this better at some point, but the main point is it doesn’t require painful configuration each time, just some expected initial setup.

I’ve had success with single press and long press sending different cc’s. Not tried double press yet, but that can also have its own CC.

As I said, all good with Loopy Pro, but Ableton on my Mac didn’t respond well to the midi messages - more testing needed there.

• edited May 19

Thank you for your findings, @steve99! I thought about 3M velcro strips and metal magnetic plate is another solution.

• edited June 8

@Michael said:
    A major barrier for new Loopy Pro users seems to be putting together a setup with solid gear. So I’ve just created a new gear directory for Loopy Pro: a user-created database of hardware that works well. If you have the time and inclination, I’d be incredibly grateful if you could help populate it with your own experiences! (And also make sure that everything’s working properly, as I haven’t tested it a great deal!).

Thanks for all that you're doing! I used the gear directory to get my rig together and purchased the Nectar Pacer and the little square Anyoyo hub which are working well. I use my Focusrite 2i2 4th gen as the interface which sounds great. I'll send a pic of the small Donner battery powered pedalboard that it and the hub are velcro'd to if anyone wants to make something similar. I'm still getting the hang of getting out of the loop at the right time and I'd read that there may be a setting I can adjust for foot pedal-based looping as opposed to touch-based (I'm a gigging guitarist so accurately using the Pacer is a must.)

I do have a question: does anyone know of a solid 4-foot to 6-foot Lightning extension cable? I have a Lightning iPad and I'd like to keep the Apple camera adapter on the underside of the pedalboard (instead of it hanging off the end of the iPad as it currently does) where I think it would lessen the risk of it getting disconnected mid-gig by a drunken dancer or some other mishap. I've tried one cable from Amazon but it kept dropping the data. The female-to-male extension would run from the data/power male Lightning out connector of the camera adapter up the mic stand and into the iPad - ideally with a down-angled connector on that end. I realize that last part is asking a lot and even finding an angled Lightning adapter that is other than a 90 degree left or right is a pretty tall order. I'd be happy with a good quality regular extension that works consistently! Eventually, I'll get a USB-C iPad and this'll all be moot. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

And again, Michael: thanks for this awesome product and site!

• @babymogul said:

@Michael said:

Thanks for all that you're doing! I used the gear directory to get my rig together and purchased the Nectar Pacer and the little square Anyoyo hub which are working well. I use my Focusrite 2i2 4th gen as the interface which sounds great. I'll send a pic of the small Donner battery powered pedalboard that it and the hub are velcro'd to if anyone wants to make something similar. I'm still getting the hang of getting out of the loop at the right time and I'd read that there may be a setting I can adjust for foot pedal-based looping as opposed to touch-based (I'm a gigging guitarist so accurately using the Pacer is a must.)

I do have a question: does anyone know of a solid 4-foot to 6-foot Lightning extension cable? I have a Lightning iPad and I'd like to keep the Apple camera adapter on the underside of the pedalboard (instead of it hanging off the end of the iPad as it currently does) where I think it would lessen the risk of it getting disconnected mid-gig by a drunken dancer or some other mishap. I've tried one cable from Amazon but it kept dropping the data. The female-to-male extension would run from the data/power male Lightning out connector of the camera adapter up the mic stand and into the iPad - ideally with a down-angled connector on that end. I realize that last part is asking a lot and even finding an angled Lightning adapter that is other than a 90 degree left or right is a pretty tall order. I'd be happy with a good quality regular extension that works consistently! Eventually, I'll get a USB-C iPad and this'll all be moot. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

There's a whole section about cables and hubs on the Discord. I don't recall the idea of lightning cable extensions ever being discussed, but it might be worth asking over there.

• @wim said:

@babymogul said:

@Michael said:

There's a whole section about cables and hubs on the Discord. I don't recall the idea of lightning cable extensions ever being discussed, but it might be worth asking over there.

Awesome - thanks for the quick reply and suggestion: I'll check it out.

• @michael wonderful idea! I'll see if there's anything I can add this weekend (random devices around I cycle thru)

@steve99 omg those are GREAT! Definitely keeping an eye on them, and your magnet strip idea is just delightful (along with another poster, I would have gone Velcro first thought... But I like this SO much more.

...oh...my...god... i'm Gonna MAKE A BUCKETHEAD KILLSWITCH!!)