Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Trying to find decent iPadOS/macOS (Apple Silicon) music visualiser

The developer of the one I was using has turned out to be a complete See You Next Tuesday (£45 disability money down the bog). It doesn't have to be AudioBus compatible (I'm only really posting here because I don't know where else to post - Reddit's not proven helpful) and I thought that if I was going to get help anywhere it'd be here (I used to use AB in the dim and distant, but my life's in the toilet right now, so I'm not doing anything musical).

I'm autistic, with a side of ADHD and PTSD and a music visualiser gives me something to focus on and switch my head off when shit gets bad. This is what I need:

iPadOS and macOS compatibility (17.4 and 14.4.1 respectively)
Broad range of visuals (the one I was using - Vythm - had an autopilot/randomiser mode, I liked that, but that's what the SYNT broke in the last macOS update (which was a dirty port of the iPadOS update where he broke the same thing; basically there are 300+ scenes (320 I think at the last count) and there are many which cause the countdown timer to loop constantly and not move onto the next scene, I have to reset the timer (which is a PITA))

The only streaming service I use is SC, from where I download sets (psytech/psytrance/psygressive/Zenonesque/bush-prog/bush-tech - yes, I love you, Australia!) so I can play them through the app. The ability to do this is vital

Mirroring would be useful (I used to mirror from Mac to iPad)

Developed by someone who isn't a SYNT (what he did was he basically imported the broken, faulty code from the broken faulty iPad app into the latest update for the macOS app. He got really pissy when I suggested this - but, the only way the same faults could have been introduced into the Mac app is if you were a lazy SYNT and copied the code over. He's offered me ZERO support beyond "have you reset it...? There's a reset/debug button which appears for about 10 seconds after you launch the app - what happens when you hit that...? Yep, beachball. The previous version was absolutely fine (at least on Mac) it hung twice in all the time it existed and I was mirroring it to my iPad. Now the mirroring option has gone (it was buggy, but removing it rather than fixing it is lazy).

Basically for £45 (around AU$86) I (and I'm trying desperately not to unleash my inner Aussie here) damned fking well think I can expect the app to do what I fecking bought it to do... I'm really, **REALLY struggling MH-wise right now and it was helping. "Have you watched the tutorial videos...? Perhaps something is wrong with the way you are using it". How NOT to offer app support - blame the user...

Can anyone suggest anything as a replacement, please...? I found STAELLA, but it's very basic (at least more basic that what I've become accustomed to) and I can't get it to function on my Mac (which has the better screen - my iPad's screen has a yellow cast due to condensation damage).

I still have Tunr, but it's not been updated in forever (not since 2018 if memory serves). I don't have much money, but I don't mind paying a bit (but I'm not shelling out £45 again!).

Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• Haven't read everything from your post, but there is an App from Imaginando called VS. Maybe it's what you're looking for.

• I used to love milkdrop in the old Winamp and apparently there was an iOS port at some point called project m, but not available anymore. I looked for milkdrop in the appstore and it gave me an app called ravezap which is free with 50 visualizations and ads, with a not too expensive iap to remove them and more iaps for visualizations, haven't tried it though. Maybe I will, you can use cheap vr goggles, too :).

• edited April 4

I’m probably not very qualified to answer, but I’ve just started making the odd video and have been using Imaginando Visual synthesizer. It was on sale recently — I bought it for £10.

It’s pretty basic but you can have up to 8 layers + background (which can be video) and each layer can respond to audio or midi. So you can trigger events with snares, live with a midi keyboard etc.

I’ve just been using it for basic stuff like this (words added in iMovie):

I’ll admit it took me a minute to get my head around but it’s pretty easy once you know what it’s doing (basically once you work out which parameters to modulate for the effect you want).

Edit. Sale ended. Currently £20

https://appsliced.co/app?n=vs-visual-synthesizer&l=list

• You can still get project m for Mac, for example on steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1358800/projectM_Music_Visualizer/