Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Beta Testers wanted - Dub Machines iOS

Hello,
I'm Matt (new here). I'm the guy behind Surreal Machines, makers of Dub Machines, which we previously released for Ableton Live and as VST/AU plugins.
We will be releasing these delays soon as iOS plugins and are looking for anyone who would like to help with beta testing!

You can sign up here:
Modnetic
Diffuse

Comments

• Hell yeah! Love your plugins. Welcome. Can’t wait. 👍

• edited April 20

@Matt_Jackson Just started digging into both of these and so far they sound great .. I am getting a bit of a UI issue/bug when hosting in AUM .. both apps’ windows seem to have some resizing issues where, when maximized, the right side of the app window repeats itself (see images)

2021 11” M1 iPad Pro

• Agree for the time I have used both apps they sound great
    My AirPod pros have dropped out a few times in AUM when using a loop and both apps
    I will do more testing soon

Found that going between A and B and changing 505 and old I think I had problems on iPhone

• Sorry when adjusting character

• Hey and welcome to the forum! 😃

Tested a short while in AUM using electric guitar through Nembrini Hardball. Both Modnetic and Diffuse has some interesting sounds, fit for guitar. Will try more with other setups, like synth/s whatnot, tomorrow.

An app called Async was released not long ago and has a very similar icon to yours, in fact it's a bit too common to use a knob/dial. Common!😂 I'll see if I can come up with something (no promise) if you're open for it?

• @mikejohn said:
    @Matt_Jackson Just started digging into both of these and so far they sound great .. I am getting a bit of a UI issue/bug when hosting in AUM .. both apps’ windows seem to have some resizing issues where, when maximized, the right side of the app window repeats itself (see images)

Thanks! We got this feedback in TestFlight and it’s in our backlog!

• At pxlhg. I’m totally interested to see what you come up with! (No promises well use it though)

• @Matt_Jackson said:
    Hello,
    I'm Matt (new here). I'm the guy behind Surreal Machines, makers of Dub Machines, which we previously released for Ableton Live and as VST/AU plugins.
    We will be releasing these delays soon as iOS plugins and are looking for anyone who would like to help with beta testing!

You can sign up here:
    Modnetic
    Diffuse

hi matt,
    nice to see you here and welcome!
    will check the betas this evening, thank you.

• Finally! I am waiting for a long time for this to happen!
    Hands down! It’s my fav Tape Delay plugin
    I am using it for ages!

• Using the desktop since ages! Lovely delays!! Great to have it in the iOS land! 😍🙏🏻

• @Matt_Jackson said:
    At pxlhg. I’m totally interested to see what you come up with! (No promises well use it though)

Nor from my end, see if I can find the time and right idea/s 😃

• Really impressed with these. Diffuse on distorted guitar is awesome, and Modnetic is super versatile and together they really surprise. I was about to buy them for desktop but it was a little bit too much for me as I just got Lunacy Beam.

• Awesome! This is exciting to see. I got the original m4l devices and then the vst plugins. Definitely getting these on iOS.

• Looks like beta is full. :( Request for more slots @Matt_Jackson?

• @Matt_Jackson These sound excellent - playing around to see what they can do.

I’d like Modnetic to have separate L & R delay times, but not a biggie. Particularly impressed by the sound of the Reverb section though more reverb parameters would be good.

• edited April 21

I’m adding another 25 50 slots.

• Since this is our first iOS product, we're curious what pricing you'd expect to find for these plugins.

• Modnetic is such a great example of taking an old idea with the space echo and modernizing it, it’s such a joy to play with.

• @craftycurate said:
    @Matt_Jackson These sound excellent - playing around to see what they can do.

I’d like Modnetic to have separate L & R delay times, but not a biggie. Particularly impressed by the sound of the Reverb section though more reverb parameters would be good.

Thanks for the feedback but the design is pretty locked in right now. We are just searching for bugs and easy wins.

However be aware that each head mode and character combination has slightly different timing errors. For example the 501 and two heads has off set L + R with a pingpong pattern.

• Awesome, thanks @Matt_Jackson

• @Matt_Jackson i > @Matt_Jackson said:

Since this is our first iOS product, we're curious what pricing you'd expect to find for these plugins.

I think Audiothing is a good example of expectations of pricing for this but I would say. I personally would say $15 would be around what I’d expect.

Also! I found kind of a specific bug that I’ve reproduced on my iPhone and iPad in AUM. I’m on iOS 17 for both and the iPad is a 6th gen and the iPhone is an 11. Anyway, if I double tap a knob, it eventually becomes unresponsive until I resize the app. I noticed it because sometimes the knob would only respond one way so then I tested it out by double tapping and turning and doing it over and it’ll eventually become totally unresponsive. Let me know if you want a video of it as well in case I’m not explaining it well

• Thanks Fingfinzz. I can reproduce. Adding to our backlog.

• edited April 22

@Matt_Jackson said:
    Since this is our first iOS product, we're curious what pricing you'd expect to find for these plugins.

The iOS market is notoriously price sensitive. People (at least the ones on this forum) tend to buy too many apps, often the main reason is curiosity due to lack of a demo version, and most people have more apps than they ever properly learn or use. The compulsive app buying thing is also part of the culture from the days when there were lots of gaps in the iOS market, and many new apps were genuinely providing something novel. As people collect so many apps, they generally don't like paying a lot for single apps.

I think many are now getting tired of instabuying everything. Novelty of desktop devs porting to iOS is also wearing off. People often find that there are drawbacks in the UX of desktop ports, which were designed for a mouse, large screens, etc. So much gets released now, there have been so many desktop devs porting to iOS in the last year or two.

Particularly in the field of delays, I'd imagine there are many on this forum who have already 50+ delay apps. And iOS music is a small market, it's truly very niche.

IOS apps can not be resold. It's primarily a hobbyist platform. If your delays are $39 for the pair on desktop, I think many would baulk at paying $15 each on iOS, given lack of ability to resell and just the general lower pricing that people are used to.

There's a lot of competition at the $15 price range. You can buy some incredibly powerful and full featured apps for $15.

I would think $10, or less, would go down a lot better with most buyers than $15 tbh. At $5 or $6, you would be closer to Instabuy territory.

Note that intro pricing and bundle pricing are also both common in this space. Bundles are a bit of a headache, as I think bundles never get approved before individual app releases. So if doing a bundle offer, it's useful to let people know about that in advance.

Only you can decide all this, of course! This is merely my 2 cents.

• Thanks Gavinski.

• Damn, it’s full again. I should have signed up when I first saw the post. I snooze I lose.

• I’ve just clocked the ‘stoned’ setting on the demo vid 😅

• @Matt_Jackson I would second what @Gavinski says regarding price. There’s lots of delay effects out there. For a bit of comparison, the Unfiltered Audio apps were released with an introductory bundle price of $20 ($4 per app) and the Moogerfooger apps were released with an introductory bundle price of $39.99 ($5 per app) if I’m remembering correctly. Of course, I’ve no idea whether those pricing strategies worked for them?

I guess it also depends on whether you’re planning to release more apps on iOS in the future and want to get a foot hold with these initial releases? If so, i would tend towards the lower price point so you sell in larger numbers and create some brand awareness amongst those who aren’t familiar with your desktop plugins.

• @Gavinski said:

@Matt_Jackson said:

The iOS market is notoriously price sensitive. People (at least the ones on this forum) tend to buy too many apps, often the main reason is curiosity due to lack of a demo version, and most people have more apps than they ever properly learn or use. The compulsive app buying thing is also part of the culture from the days when there were lots of gaps in the iOS market, and many new apps were genuinely providing something novel. As people collect so many apps, they generally don't like paying a lot for single apps.

I think many are now getting tired of instabuying everything. Novelty of desktop devs porting to iOS is also wearing off. People often find that there are drawbacks in the UX of desktop ports, which were designed for a mouse, large screens, etc. So much gets released now, there have been so many desktop devs porting to iOS in the last year or two.

Particularly in the field of delays, I'd imagine there are many on this forum who have already 50+ delay apps. And iOS music is a small market, it's truly very niche.

IOS apps can not be resold. It's primarily a hobbyist platform. If your delays are $39 for the pair on desktop, I think many would baulk at paying $15 each on iOS, given lack of ability to resell and just the general lower pricing that people are used to.

There's a lot of competition at the $15 price range. You can buy some incredibly powerful and full featured apps for $15.

I would think $10, or less, would go down a lot better with most buyers than $15 tbh. At $5 or $6, you would be closer to Instabuy territory.

Note that intro pricing and bundle pricing are also both common in this space. Bundles are a bit of a headache, as I think bundles never get approved before individual app releases. So if doing a bundle offer, it's useful to let people know about that in advance.

Only you can decide all this, of course! This is merely my 2 cents.

Pricing is tricky, but maybe around £7 for Diffuse and around £10 for Modnetic, maybe a £15 bundle?

• I think we are leaning towards €4.99 for Modnetic and €3.99 for Diffuse but really hoping that the low price is met with higher volume.

• Instabuy!!