Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Wo bist du, iOSTRAKON?

Man, I miss the days @iOSTRAKON was active here. He made some really awesome music. Does anyone keep in touch with him personally since he stopped coming here? If so how is he doing?

Comments

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Man, I miss the days @iOSTRAKON was active here. He made some really awesome music. Does anyone keep in touch with him personally since he stopped coming here? If so how is he doing?

Tried to contact him a few times, I have a few ways of contacting him. Never got a reply. He's alive, I think, but totally off the radar, for whatever reasons. I'm also a bit worried about him and hope he's doing OK.

• edited July 27

The last contact I had with him was around the time of the first AudioBus movie collab, for which he did that fantastic Vampyr title artwork. He told me a friend of his had died, and it had clearly hit him quite hard. Then he went radio silent, and nothing since. It is quite worrying. Hope he’s doing ok.

• @Gavinski If it's been a while since you last reached out mate, try it again. I remember him suffering depression, which can manifest in different ways in different people. Hopefully he is seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist. (I see both, and it helps out my mental health a lot.)

@Svetlovska Me too bestie. It's why I brought it up. He wasn't just a great musician but a pretty cool friend as well.

• Super nice people, are often very empathetic. Lots Empathy can be a bane and a boon. I hope @iOSTRAKON is well, making music, and at peace.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Super nice people, are often very empathetic. Lots Empathy can be a bane and a boon. I hope @iOSTRAKON is well, making music, and at peace.

Me too. :) I just wish he'd check in with us, any life updates and the sort.

• edited August 6

I swear, each of @iOSTRAKON 's tracks are iconic in their own right.

https://youtube.com/@_iostrakon2935?si=qRzpviEFeBFf-0PX

• Very sweet people here. This kind of disappearance couldn’t happen before the internet. It feels strange. We’re friends with people here, but, then again, maybe we’re not. I’d be pretty unhappy if any of the dozen or so friends I’ve made here would disappear without a word. I did hear from one a while back. @kuhl. Remember him? A very kuhl guy indeed.

There seems to be a lot of depression experienced by ABF members. Is it the artistic type, or does the web draw in lonely people? I’ve had my share but not for around ten years.

Good luck out there in the ether!

• edited August 6

@LinearLineman said:
    There seems to be a lot of depression experienced by ABF members. Is it the artistic type, or does the web draw in lonely people?

There really does seem to be a lot of depression here. I'd suspect that in a forum devoted to music production on iOS there could be a few reasons why that might be a thing.

There seems to be a propensity to addiction among musicians and artists anyway, and that might apply moreso among musicians with tendencies to hoard gear, whether hardware or software. Addiction is a major cause of depression. This forum is more about dopamine hits than good healthy serotonin.

Musicians and other creative types are likely a bit more sensitive than the average person, with tendencies to introspection.

There might definitely also be loneliness issues if people are finding their main source of community on an online forum, where connection cannot really satisfy in the same way as real world connection. The more time you spend here, the less time you're spending getting real world connection, the emptier you feel, the more time you spend here... Vicious circle.

Many people here may also be making music alone, so aren't playing in a band or performing for audiences etc regularly, the way it often is for musicians who play a single instrument. So their music making itself might be more solitary than average.

This is not to judge or criticise anyone. These are things I've felt myself in analysing the strange and sometimes bewildering allure of this place for me, too. Add to all that the fact that the pandemic took a huge toll on mental health, and that the negative effects on society and the economy of the pandemic are still ongoing. Tough times.

• Nice that you bring this up, @jwmmakerofmusic
    I was wondering the same some time ago.
    Hope he’s well.