Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Most off the wall gig...?

edited August 15 in Other

Anyone got any weird and wonderful gig experiences they can share? Looking for the most unique, unusual, off the wall and generally excellent performances. Doesn't have to be personal or available on video but I'll start with this one from Czech band Vlozte Kocku (translation - insert the cat - a phrase from American Psycho). This is from Prague in September 2023. I'm still not sure how they kept in time for the first few songs...

Comments

• Saw Laibach at the Astoria London in the early 1990s and apart from the lead singer they were all naked from the waste up and painted silver

• @enkaytee said:
    I'm still not sure how they kept in time for the first few songs...

Ableton Link?

• @swarmboy said:
    Saw Laibach at the Astoria London in the early 1990s and apart from the lead singer they were all naked from the waste up and painted silver

Don't tell me - the lead singer was naked from the waist down...?

• Thanks for posting. Not sure the music is my cup of tea, but very cool all the same. Prague is a beautiful city too!

• Wow, very interesting. Sure has the energy. Some passionate musicians obviously. And kudos to the sound guys. Not my musical cup of tea either, but couldn’t stop watching it. Prague is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I shared my most off the wall gig here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1265816#Comment_1265816

• edited August 16

In once watched Bill Bailey on acid when he was the warmup act at a festival gig. I can’t even remember who the band was as we were all still laughing at Bill Bailey while the band played. Great gig though!

• edited August 16

Richard Rumanuk, Dave Benke and I played our first gig at the State Hospital here in Austin. 1982?

• @philowerx said:
    Richard Rumanuk, Dave Benke and I played our first gig at the State Hospital here in Austin. 1982?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_State_Hospital

• I saw Pulp in the 80s in a tiny venue in Hammersmith. They were touring with two other Sheffield bands: Mr Morality and Dig Vis Drill. I bought their handmade demo tape for a pound with all three bands on it. I still have it!

Jarvis Cocker was in a wheelchair with a broken leg.

I (obviously) had no idea that Pulp would be famous soon afterwards and frankly they were totally forgettable. I preferred the other bands!

• @enkaytee said:
    Anyone got any weird and wonderful gig experiences they can share? Looking for the most unique, unusual, off the wall and generally excellent performances. Doesn't have to be personal or available on video but I'll start with this one from Czech band Vlozte Kocku (translation - insert the cat - a phrase from American Psycho). This is from Prague in September 2023. I'm still not sure how they kept in time for the first few songs...

Hella great music. Thank you for sharing.

I don't recall any majorly off the wall gigs, but I met violinist Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg after a pops concert. She was one of my crushes back then. Her performance itself was sublime. Backstage she was brash, unapologetic, cussed, smoked indoors (this was around the time when the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra started to ban smoking indoors) and didn't give a shit, and was happy to meet me as much as I was to meet her. I still think about her to this day. ❤️

• @michael_m said:
    In one watched Bill Bailey on acid when he was the warmup act at a festival gig. I can’t even remember who the band was as we were all still laughing at Bill Bailey while the band played. Great gig though!

Wait - Bill Bailey takes acid...?? 😉

• @enkaytee said:

@michael_m said:
    In one watched Bill Bailey on acid when he was the warmup act at a festival gig. I can’t even remember who the band was as we were all still laughing at Bill Bailey while the band played. Great gig though!

😂

I wouldn’t be surprised though.

• edited August 16

my first one was whitehouse (action100) at volksbühne in berlin. they looked like elementary shool teachers and spit at us, while stroking electric eels

https://susanlawly.bandcamp.com/album/live-action-100

• @pseudophysics said:
    my first one was whitehouse (action100) at volksbühne in berlin. they looked like elementary shool teachers and spit at us, while stroking electric eels

https://susanlawly.bandcamp.com/album/live-action-100

Loving the track titles...👍

• edited August 16

I attended an, um, ‘performance’ by a Spanish theatre/music collective called La Fura dels Baus in a large warehouse in London’s Docklands in 1985, just across from the office of the music mag I worked for. Astonishingly, the group are still going today, and even quite respectable now. Back then: Not so much theatre in the round as theatre in the… run for it! The NME did a write up. Pretty accurate:

http://micksinclair.com/nme/lafura.html

Translation: What felt like hours of white knuckle terror (though it was only one) being chased around the locked interior of a warehouse by industrial angle grinder wielding and paving slab heaving paint smeared near naked foreign lunatics with zero f*cks given for ‘elf n safety while the hardest of industrial noise and avant funk blasted out at truly brutal volume, (and I used to go to gigs by Glenn Branca), covering the screams of the terrified and injured. (At least a couple of broken limbs by night end according to some later press reports.) Audience confrontation like you wouldn’t believe. Iggy Pop? Fad Gadget? Lightweights… Read the comments on the YouTube page - plenty of O.G. audience members in real fear for their lives! So: not just me then…

Here’s a version of the show: (doesn’t quite convey the gut punching volume and chaos, of the much more crowded London gig, but still…)

The evening concluded with the live explosion of a car. They got two performances in before the authorities shut them down.

It was glorious.

• edited August 16

@Svetlovska said:
    I attended an, um, ‘performance’ by a Spanish theatre/music collective called La Fura dels Baus in a large warehouse in London’s Docklands in 1985, just across from the office of the music mag I worked for. Astonishingly, the group are still going today, and even quite respectable now. Back then: Not so much theatre in the round as theatre in the… run for it! The NME did a write up. Pretty accurate:

http://micksinclair.com/nme/lafura.html

Translation: What felt like hours of white knuckle terror (though it was only one) being chased around the locked interior of a warehouse by industrial angle grinder wielding and paving slab heaving paint smeared near naked foreign lunatics with zero f*cks given for ‘elf n safety while the hardest of industrial noise and avant funk blasted out at truly brutal volume, (and I used to go to gigs by Glenn Branca), covering the screams of the terrified and injured. (At least a couple of broken limbs by night end according to some later press reports.) Audience confrontation like you wouldn’t believe. Iggy Pop? Fad Gadget? Lightweights… Read the comments on the YouTube page - plenty of O.G. audience members in real fear for their lives! So: not just me then…

Here’s a version of the show: (doesn’t quite convey the gut punching volume and chaos, of the much more crowded London gig, but still…)

The evening concluded with the live explosion of a car. They got two performances in before the authorities shut them down.

It was glorious.

Liking the description of the audience reaction - "Subdued hysteria" - great name for a band.

• Weirdest show was Anthrax, Public Enemy, and Primus all at the same smallish venue back in the day in Chicago. Fun show, took awhile for all the different groups of fans to get along, but then it was a great vibe seeing other people get into a new style of music.

Most disturbing was GG Allin at that same small venue (Metro in Chicago). You’ve never been to a punk show until you’ve seen the lead singer shit on stage, mix it with his own blood and then eat it and smear it all over himself, throw it in the crowd, etc. 30 years later there’s still days I remember this and think…. WTF?

Second runner up to most disturbing was Lords Of Acid back in the 90’s. They had a naked woman on stage tied to a large Wheel Of Fortune style spinner surrounded by a different dildo to be used each time it stopped. It was supposed to be a 21+ show but no one ID’d me so kind of eye opening for a young 18 year old Tarekith. 🤣

• @Tarekith said:
    Weirdest show was Anthrax, Public Enemy, and Primus all at the same smallish venue back in the day in Chicago. Fun show, took awhile for all the different groups of fans to get along, but then it was a great vibe seeing other people get into a new style of music.

Most disturbing was GG Allin at that same small venue (Metro in Chicago). You’ve never been to a punk show until you’ve seen the lead singer shit on stage, mix it with his own blood and then eat it and smear it all over himself, throw it in the crowd, etc. 30 years later there’s still days I remember this and think…. WTF?

Second runner up to most disturbing was Lords Of Acid back in the 90’s. They had a naked woman on stage tied to a large Wheel Of Fortune style spinner surrounded by a different dildo to be used each time it stopped. It was supposed to be a 21+ show but no one ID’d me so kind of eye opening for a young 18 year old Tarekith. 🤣

Now that's what I call family entertainment. 👍

• @Tarekith said:

Yeah, he had a reputation like no one else, and apparently got banned from playing just about every venue in NH, VT and MA. You’re probably the first person I have heard describe one of his gigs first-hand, as anyone else I have spoken to only heard about him because he got the venue shut down or was thrown out or arrested.

• He would do a Halloween show every year in Chicago, it was one of the only reliable ways to see him. Not that I’d want to see him twice.

• Probably the one where I subbed on guitar for a friend the night his band was playing a country music bar I had never heard of. I walk into the joint, and it is packed. Everyone in there is male, dressed in impeccably neat and clean cowboy and western gear, and every man in the joint was singing "Stand By Your Man" along with Tammy Wynette on the jukebox.

Given my shrewd sociological insight into human nature, I immediately ascertained that this was a gay bar. It turned out to be a really fun gig. I got invited into the back room a few times, which I politely declined. I was afraid to even peek back there to see what was going on.

Off the wall only because I totally was not expecting that scene, but a fun gig nonetheless.

• @michael_m said:

@enkaytee said:

@michael_m said:

😂

I wouldn’t be surprised though.

That's why he never came home!

• edited August 17

Not sure where or how to answer this cos I’ve been to a lot of gigs over the years.

Moby doing his animal rights stuff supporting soundgarden was just unexpectedly brilliantly shocking.

Badly drawn boy getting so pissed off at his sound (which was fine.) that he just started singing along to his iPod.

Vintage trouble trying to perform with an acoustic and a megaphone after sound cut out in the middle of an electrical storm at Glastonbury

There’s definitely more but I’ve had some gin

• @Tarekith said:
    He would do a Halloween show every year in Chicago, it was one of the only reliable ways to see him. Not that I’d want to see him twice.

Not even sure I’d have wanted to see him once. I like performance art and noisy, chaotic gigs, but I have my limits.

• edited August 18

These guys may have been something to watch.

• @enkaytee said:

@Tarekith said:
    Weirdest show was Anthrax, Public Enemy, and Primus all at the same smallish venue back in the day in Chicago. Fun show, took awhile for all the different groups of fans to get along, but then it was a great vibe seeing other people get into a new style of music.

Now that's what I call family entertainment. 👍

“…The Aristocrats!”

• Insert the cat! My wife just asked me what I was laughing at. These cats are good. Enjoyed very much. I’ll listen to all of it tomorrow. In the meantime…

You’re interested in unusual gig experiences? Have you ever played for bikers? When I was in college I was in a band that played a wide variety of music, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Allman Brothers, Steely Dan, etc. We were a very good little band. One night we had a gig at a little Mexican place. During the day it was a restaurant for the local migrant workers. At night, it was a popular drinking spot for the townies. Everything started out fine. Then, the bikers started rolling in. They were a scary looking bunch. Our singer was a pretty little girl. One of the bikers, his name was Ringer, walked up to her and proclaimed… I’d like to f—k you like a young sow! Maybe that was his idea of a compliment. I don’t think his old lady liked that. Her rocker proudly said she was “Property of Ringer”. Things were getting out of hand quickly. Our guitar player had some good weed and he invited the leader of the group “out to the van”. After that, we were like best friends. We never went back!