Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Lumbeat's drummer sometimes started 1 beat later than Loopy Pro

Sorry for the new thread, I'm sure I've seen some information on the forum but I can't find it.
I have IAA Funk Drummer in Loopy Pro, Ableton Link is enabled on both sides. Funk Drummer sometimes starts playing with a 1 bar delay, sometimes correctly along with the Loopy Pro transport.
I've tried fiddling with the Offset setting in LP - Settings/Synchronization, but without success. I've tried both the offset for MIDI In and the offset for MIDI out, at both extreme values (+/-120ms). Is there anything else I can try/adjust?

Comments

• You shouldn't be sending midi clock to Funk Drummer if you're using Link. Only one method of synchronization should be used at a time. I'm not sure Funk Drummer with Loopy's transport without Link. If it does though, you might try turning off link and using Clock instead. Or turn off clock and use Link instead.

I have had problems in the past with Lumbeats apps starting a bar late in other hosts, so I'm not too surprised.

I can try some tests of my own a little later today.

• @filo01 said:
    Sorry for the new thread, I'm sure I've seen some information on the forum but I can't find it.
    I have IAA Funk Drummer in Loopy Pro, Ableton Link is enabled on both sides. Funk Drummer sometimes starts playing with a 1 bar delay, sometimes correctly along with the Loopy Pro transport.
    I've tried fiddling with the Offset setting in LP - Settings/Synchronization, but without success. I've tried both the offset for MIDI In and the offset for MIDI out, at both extreme values (+/-120ms). Is there anything else I can try/adjust?

It is important to understand that normal Ableton link behavior is for play to start at the beginning of the next measure. The link clock is always running. If you have start/stop turned on starting should start at the beginning of the link clock’s next cycle.

If you set Loopy’s act as master option…other link apps will be off by one measure.

• edited August 20

Based on your advice I set Ableton link to disabled in FD and LP and let FunkDrummer Sync Start/Stop enabled in LP with 0 ms offset. I tried to run LP about 20 times in a row and it didn't fail even once. I'll try it a few more times, but it looks promising,
    THANK YOU @wim and @espiegel123!

• You can keep Link on in Loopy Pro as long as it's off in Funk Drummer. 👍🏼

• Btw, mid clock isn’t needed either. Lumbeats app use iaa sync.

• wimwim
    edited August 20

Oh yeh, I forgot about that.
    It's probably better to keep clock off. General rule of thumb is to limit to just one sync source.
    IAA sync is tight too.

• I've always struggled with smooth operation of Lumbeat over the IAA. In the end I record a bunch of different drum loops in Loopy Pro that I predict I'll need and just play those loops live (removing the Lumbeat input channel entirely). Some loops are short fills, others are just high hats, kicks, etc.