Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

4ms MetaModule

This looks very interesting.

The MetaModule puts real knobs and jacks on virtual software modules. Step back from the computer and make music with hardware, while keeping the flexibility and expandability of software.

The MetaModule comes with hundreds of built-in modules from 4ms Company, Befaco, HetrickCV, NonlinearCircuits, and Scanner Darkly, plus clones of popular classics such as the Mutable Instruments eurorack modules, fun physical modeling algorithms, and lots of handy utilities, with the ability to add hundreds more via plugins.

All of the included modules are also available on the computer using the free program VCV Rack. Whether you make patches on VCV Rack and transfer them to the MetaModule, or if you just create patches directly on the MetaModule, there are plenty of creative modules to inspire new ways to make music.

https://4mscompany.com/metamodule

Comments

• Looks very fun. But it’s also $649, which will almost certainly be £650 UK. Even for Eurorack, that’s steep. Cheaper to run VCV from a laptop into your rack via an interface. One for the rare person who actually gigs their rack, I think.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Looks very fun. But it’s also $649, which will almost certainly be £650 UK. Even for Eurorack, that’s steep. Cheaper to run VCV from a laptop into your rack via an interface. One for the rare person who actually gigs their rack, I think.

I thought you'd be interested which is why I posted and yes, It's quite steep and I agree it's for folks that want to gig their rack.

• Although it's not for me, I think it will be a hit and IMO it represents excellent value for money when you consider the overall flexibility and the modules already available, with many more to come, all for free.

• It's a good concept for sure. May get eventually because I love VCV, but yeah VCV + ES-8 + modular is easier.

• edited August 27

@cyberheater : thank you, you are right, it does interest me. But I’m filing it in my ‘lottery win’ subfolder on the wishlist, I think.

Yep, @stim, you’re right, in strict terms it does, but having failed massively to get to grips with some other modules which are more soft than hardware, I think it will suit a different sort of person to me. Basically: someone who knows what they are doing!

My approach is more shove a lead in a module from another module and see what happens. (Answer: usually nothing, sometimes a horrible din.) This module will clearly favour the well prepared and knowledgeable, rather than the chimp with the fistful of minijacks.

• edited August 27

@Svetlovska said:
    @cyberheater : thank you, you are right, it does interest me. But I’m filing it in my ‘lottery win’ subfolder on the wishlist, I think.

Yep, @stim, you’re right, in strict terms it does, but having failed massively to get to grips with some other modules which are more soft than hardware, I think it will suit a different sort of person to me. Basically: someone who knows what they are doing!

My approach is more shove a lead in a module from another module and see what happens. (Answer: usually nothing, sometimes a horrible din.) This module will clearly favour the well prepared and knowledgeable, rather than the chimp with the fistful of minijacks.

I can actually imagine you (or someone, but who else has that signature Svetlovska droll wit and scripting skill? I ask) starting a YouTube ‘parody modular’ channel called ‘Chimp with a Fistful of Minijacks’ and it doing spectacularly well.

• @Gavinski said:

@Svetlovska said:

I can actually imagine you (or someone, (but who else has that signature Svetlovska droll wit and scripting skill? I ask) starting a YouTube ‘parody modular’ channel called ‘Chimp with a Fistful of Minijacks’ and it doing spectacularly well.

I’d watch it

• @Svetlovska I have a general rule that there should be no screens in my hardware rack (exceptions are Pam's and O_c) but I also sometimes use a hybrid approach with VCV rack on my laptop connected via ES-9. So I can't see myself using this module, though I can see how others will love it.

I would seriously recommend checking out the Youtube channel of Omri Cohen, he has lots of excellent tutorials on VCV rack modules that have helped me enormously, and the knowledge is equally valid for hardware.