Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Preventing Project Tempo changes

Hi everyone - I think I'm missing a simple setting here, maybe you can help me. Sometimes I'll record a new loop onto a blank donut (with a prescribed bar count) and if the timing is not the same as the project tempo, the whole project tempo gets changed automatically.

Eg. the project is solid at 113bpm with 12 loops all synchronized. Then I record another loop with different timing and I look up and suddenly the project bpm is 120.3 or something.

Which setting can I adjust to prevent this from happening?

Comments

• @tubespace said:
    Hi everyone - I think I'm missing a simple setting here, maybe you can help me. Sometimes I'll record a new loop onto a blank donut (with a prescribed bar count) and if the timing is not the same as the project tempo, the whole project tempo gets changed automatically.

Eg. the project is solid at 113bpm with 12 loops all synchronized. Then I record another loop with different timing and I look up and suddenly the project bpm is 120.3 or something.

Which setting can I adjust to prevent this from happening?

I have never heard of recording a loop changing a project tempo if there is a tempo established -- especially if there are already loops in the project. Can you make a screenrecording to demonstrate?

If you haven't, reboot the app in case Loopy Pro has somehow gotten into a strange state.

Also, try this with Loopy's default project to see if it happens there -- that will help understand what to look at next.

• It is hard to replicate because it doesn't happen all the time. I've rebooted the ipad many times since this has happened.
    Also, it happens when I import a file and Loopy Pro thinks the sample is a different tempo. Then I look at the top and the whole project tempo has changed. Isn't there a simple setting to adjust for this?

• wimwim
    edited August 31

@tubespace said:
    Also, it happens when I import a file and Loopy Pro thinks the sample is a different tempo. Then I look at the top and the whole project tempo has changed. Isn't there a simple setting to adjust for this?

That could happen if you import into the first loop of the project. Importing to other clips should not do that.

• Yeah - I figured that. This is happening on projects with lots of loops. But I have a feeling that it's not a setting, but just a glitch when there are too many things going on. I looked at the projects where I've had this issue and there are between 25-40 donuts with lots of effects. Maybe some kind of memory glitch.
    I've also opened up projects (with a fresh boot) and the tempo is wildly different. Again, lots of clips and effects.
    Oh well.

• @tubespace said:
    Yeah - I figured that. This is happening on projects with lots of loops. But I have a feeling that it's not a setting, but just a glitch when there are too many things going on. I looked at the projects where I've had this issue and there are between 25-40 donuts with lots of effects. Maybe some kind of memory glitch.
    I've also opened up projects (with a fresh boot) and the tempo is wildly different. Again, lots of clips and effects.
    Oh well.

Do you have ableton link turned on or midi clock input?

The next time it happens try to make a screen recording and save a copy of the project for Michael to look at. It probably is not just the result of lots of things happening or lots of loops as we’d probably have heard of that. It may be some particular combination of things.

• @espiegel123 said:

Do you have ableton link turned on or midi clock input?

No, I don't.

The next time it happens try to make a screen recording and save a copy of the project for Michael to look at. It probably is not just the result of lots of things happening or lots of loops as we’d probably have heard of that. It may be some particular combination of things.

I will try, but it is unpredictable behaviour. If it were predictable, I would be able to easily share a screen recording with you. Thanks for you help.