Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Beats Pill USB c audio test

edited September 1 in Hardware

I was scrolling through the internet and saw there was a new beats pill, and that it supports USB c audio. Most the reviews on the sound of the speaker were positive (probably paid ads), so i ordered it.

The USB c audio does work. I plugged my sp404mk2, op1 field, TE TX-6, iPad into the device, and they all worked.

I am returning the device however, for 2 reasons.
When plugged into a non Apple device via USB c, the volume knobs on the pill do not work. You have to adjust the volume on the op1f per instrument, and the op1 f volume knob has to be all the way down because audio still comes from the internal speaker.

The tx6 main volume didn’t adjust the volume, could only do it per mixer channel. Not great to have to master control.

Sp404, same thing, main volume didn’t work had to adjust volume per pad.

This is way too much effort. Not having control over your main output is useless and frustrating.

Reason number 2 for returning.
It sound awful. Lots of distortion at Any volume above 50% id say.
The bass sounds fake and out of tune on music, and for creating music.. all the kick drums i tried added way too much muddy bass.

I have two more AUX in speakers to test out today.

I own the TE OB-4 which is the ultimate portable speaker for creating music, but sometimes it’s too bulky to carry so I’m looking for a faster smaller solution.

Today i will be testing

https://www.soundcore.com/products/a3116011?variant=37651975995582

This one has high praise and supports usb c charging

Comments

• My favorite Bluetooth/aux in speakers are the Minirigs. I have a Minirig 4, sub, and Minirig mini. They al work great and sound absolutely amazing.

• Thank you @reasOne.
    @mikewb - Did you try Minirigs with guitar (aux)? I'm worried about latency.

• edited September 1

@mikewb said:
    My favorite Bluetooth/aux in speakers are the Minirigs. I have a Minirig 4, sub, and Minirig mini. They al work great and sound absolutely amazing.

The minirig system

https://minirigs.co.uk/speakers/bundles

can you wire to audio interface ? For perhaps a bit of dj ing.

Can it be used to test mixes, that were made in headphones.

• If you only want to use this device with your USB C, iPad/iPhone…when traveling…. it is better than than the onboard speakers… a little bit. But honestly do not expect much, there’s only 2 drivers.. one is for bass and the other is middle mid range with distorted highs. But it could be better for like working on music with your iPad in the park.

• edited September 1

@filo01 said:
    Thank you @reasOne.
    @mikewb - Did you try Minirigs with guitar (aux)? I'm worried about latency.

I haven’t ever tried that.

I did however get my soundcore motion + delivered today.. and wow! This small portable speaker sounds amazing over Bluetooth for music… (hi-res audio & equalizer app) and it has an AUX in, so once its charged I’ll be plugging in all kinds of synths/iPad to it to see how it handles mobile music creation!

• It is quite rare for a manufacturer to include latency information, but Minirig did it in their FAQ page:
    https://minirigs.co.uk/support/faqs

AUX connection:
    For the Minirig Mini and Minirig 3 we use a DSP (digital signal processor) to apply EQ and limiters to the sound. There is a latency (delay) associated with this as audio does an analog-to-digital-to-analog conversion. It is VERY short, however - less than 1000th of a second (<1ms).
    It's the same as moving the speaker about 30cm away from you.... so really, how close you are to the speaker will probably have a greater effect. Anything below 15ms is generally not noticeable so it is fine for DJing, microphone, instruments, watching videos etc.
    With our other products, Minirig wired, Minirig Bluetooth, Minirig 2 and the Minirig subwoofer there is no DSP and the EQ/limiter is entirely analog. This means there is no delay. _

• @reasOne said:
    I was scrolling through the internet and saw there was a new beats pill, and that it supports USB c audio. Most the reviews on the sound of the speaker were positive (probably paid ads), so i ordered it.

The USB c audio does work. I plugged my sp404mk2, op1 field, TE TX-6, iPad into the device, and they all worked.

I am returning the device however, for 2 reasons.
    When plugged into a non Apple device via USB c, the volume knobs on the pill do not work. You have to adjust the volume on the op1f per instrument, and the op1 f volume knob has to be all the way down because audio still comes from the internal speaker.

The tx6 main volume didn’t adjust the volume, could only do it per mixer channel. Not great to have to master control.

Sp404, same thing, main volume didn’t work had to adjust volume per pad.

This is way too much effort. Not having control over your main output is useless and frustrating.

Reason number 2 for returning.
    It sound awful. Lots of distortion at Any volume above 50% id say.
    The bass sounds fake and out of tune on music, and for creating music.. all the kick drums i tried added way too much muddy bass.

I have two more AUX in speakers to test out today.

I own the TE OB-4 which is the ultimate portable speaker for creating music, but sometimes it’s too bulky to carry so I’m looking for a faster smaller solution.

Today i will be testing

https://www.soundcore.com/products/a3116011?variant=37651975995582

This one has high praise and supports usb c charging

Thanks I wanted a pilll but the Beats Studio pro is where I’m stopping now

Also the Beats Studio pro is awesome

• @filo01 said:
    It is quite rare for a manufacturer to include latency information, but Minirig did it in their FAQ page:
    https://minirigs.co.uk/support/faqs

AUX connection:
    For the Minirig Mini and Minirig 3 we use a DSP (digital signal processor) to apply EQ and limiters to the sound. There is a latency (delay) associated with this as audio does an analog-to-digital-to-analog conversion. It is VERY short, however - less than 1000th of a second (<1ms).
    It's the same as moving the speaker about 30cm away from you.... so really, how close you are to the speaker will probably have a greater effect. Anything below 15ms is generally not noticeable so it is fine for DJing, microphone, instruments, watching videos etc.
    With our other products, Minirig wired, Minirig Bluetooth, Minirig 2 and the Minirig subwoofer there is no DSP and the EQ/limiter is entirely analog. This means there is no delay. _

I can confirm. No problem of latency with minirig 4. I didn't measure anything, but I can play keyboard without any issues.

• @yellow_eyez

Seriously look at the soundcore motion +
    It sounds amazing man! It can handle synth patches and effects so good.
    No hollow/cracking/muddiness

Its like 75$-99$ on amazon for same day!

Its almost as good as my OB-4, the OB-4 just has a richer warmer sound and can hang with anything you throw at it.
    So far the motion + has beg able to as well for me

• Yes, looks like others have mentioned. I don’t notice any latency.

@yellow_eyez
    Thanks for the info on the soundcore motion+ that has some great reviews.

• These types of small, portable speakers are always going to entail significant compromises. Something 12 in / 30 cm long claiming stereo separation makes me chuckle. I always experience latency with audio over Bluetooth (but not MIDI over BT) so I use a cable. I personally won't spend much on this type of speaker.