Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Is there a USB hub out there that can provide bus power while charging iPad?

I looked through the forum archives and haven’t found any clear answers.

Comments

• Are you wanting a USB-C hub? I am still on a lightning iPad. Just asking for clarification of the question.

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    Are you wanting a USB-C hub? I am still on a lightning iPad. Just asking for clarification of the question.

Yes, I have an iPad Air (2020) with a USB-C port. I need to bus power a Motu M2 (USB-C) while also charging the iPad.

• Any USB-C hub with pass-through power should be able to do that, you will need a powerful (65W) wall charger though.

• For example (I'm not vouching for quality, just showing a competitively priced option):

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Delivery-MacBook-Surface-Thinkpad/dp/B0BLNDNBG1/ref=sr_1_3

PD Power is the spec to look for.

• @richardyot said:
    Any USB-C hub with pass-through power should be able to do that, you will need a powerful (65W) wall charger though.

Excellent! Thanks! I did a lot of research about 3 years ago and could not find a solution. Now, there are tons of options. Is PD a relatively new feature in these hubs?

• @Sabicas said:

@richardyot said:
    Any USB-C hub with pass-through power should be able to do that, you will need a powerful (65W) wall charger though.

Excellent! Thanks! I did a lot of research about 3 years ago and could not find a solution. Now, there are tons of options. Is PD a relatively new feature in these hubs?

PD has been around for a while, but the hubs used to be much more expensive.

• qqqqqq
    edited September 4

I just had to replace my Kingston Nucleum hub because the integrated cable was dying.

Now I have a CalDigit USB-C 10Gb/s SOHO. The cable is not built into the hub so you can use any length and replace it as needed. I bought from this listing on eBay and it arrived in good condition without issues https://www.ebay.com/itm/335529916372 (I offered $40 USD).

In general I've run into issues powering USB devices attached to my iPad, and I use a separate smaller 4-to-1 hub with a 3A power supply. Many devices work without the additional power, but then some devices like the Launchpad Pro MKIII fritz out occasionally.

• @qqq said:
    I just had to replace my Kingston Nucleum hub because the integrated cable was dying.

Now I have a CalDigit USB-C 10Gb/s SOHO. The cable is not built into the hub so you can use any length and replace it as needed.

I find this to be key for long-term longevity, as another option I can also recommend this Uni hub: