Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Bluetooth MIDI latency 2x iPads

I love loopy pro so much that I figured I’d use an old iPad I had laying around to expand my control surface for Loopy Pro. I hope to run loopy pro on both iPads (1 iPad will just be a control surface for the main iPad). I tried connecting the two iPads using the Bluetooth device feature within Loopy Pro, but I’m getting the typical Bluetooth latency. I assumed that I would get near zero latency like when I use a Widi master, but that’s not the case.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is a wired connection possible instead to send midi data between the two devices.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 4

Bluetooth midi latency should be small. There must be something wrong. What I could not guess.

You can connect two devices (only) together with a USB cable to run "Network Session" between them. https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_direct_midi_between_two_ios_devices. Check to be sure that the connection isn't going over wifi rather than the cable.

Another option, if you have two USB ethernet adapters is to connect them together with an ethernet cable or through a network switch.

• @GreedySpark said:
    I love loopy pro so much that I figured I’d use an old iPad I had laying around to expand my control surface for Loopy Pro. I hope to run loopy pro on both iPads (1 iPad will just be a control surface for the main iPad). I tried connecting the two iPads using the Bluetooth device feature within Loopy Pro, but I’m getting the typical Bluetooth latency. I assumed that I would get near zero latency like when I use a Widi master, but that’s not the case.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is a wired connection possible instead to send midi data between the two devices.

What do you mean by “typical Bluetooth latency”?

How much latency (5 ms, 20, 100?)

What are you using the Bluetooth midi to do?

How are you determining the latency?

• After both of you wise gentlemen suggested that there shouldn’t be latency, I did some trouble shooting and learned that when went through the midi learn process, the iPad I’m using as a control surface was sending “hold” signals when I “press” a button in loopy pro. Setting the buttons to “press/release” seems to work, which I suppose would be the same as striking a key, so that makes sense.

Thanks for driving me off of the wrong rabbit hole!

• @GreedySpark said:
    After both of you wise gentlemen suggested that there shouldn’t be latency, I did some trouble shooting and learned that when went through the midi learn process, the iPad I’m using as a control surface was sending “hold” signals when I “press” a button in loopy pro. Setting the buttons to “press/release” seems to work, which I suppose would be the same as striking a key, so that makes sense.

Thanks for driving me off of the wrong rabbit hole!

With midi learn, if you only send an on with no off, that gets learned as hold. When that happens you can tap to on the midilearn panel to change hold to on.