Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Voces8: Agnus Dei

edited September 7 in Other Music Content

Wow.

This is pure music majestica enormous. We can take our iPads, iPhones or whatever and just shove them up somewhere. We are not even close😂.

This moved me to tears and I am not a bit shamed about it.

Just listen.

Wow.

/DMfan🇸🇪

Comments

• great stuff.

• edited September 7

As a choral or as its original Adagio strings this Barber piece is definitely something ! Not a good reason to shove our devices up somewhere though, we can all create great stuff at our own very little scale. Comparison is futile.

• edited September 7

@JanKun said:
    As a choral or as its original Adagio strings this Barber piece is definitely something ! Not a good reason to shove our devices up somewhere though, we can all create great stuff at our own very little scale. Comparison is futile.

You’re absolutely right. I was just taken by the moment. Looking at my iPad size 10.9” it’s hard to fit anyway. I’ll just continue to use it for my small music endeavours instead🤣.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Probably my partners favourite piece of music.
    Other pieces by Voces8 are worth checking out especially Lux and Eventide which feature Christian Forshaw, a saxophonist sort of in the Jan Garbarek school of playing.
    I’ve been trying to learn a guitar transcription of Barbers Adagio on and off for the last year or so. I’ll get there eventually ☹️

• Beautiful indeed. I thought that was called Adagio for Strings, not Agnus Dei...? Just woke up and already learned something today: 'This version is almost identical to the original, but with added text from the “Agnus Dei,” or “Lamb of God,” of the Catholic Mass. In the choral version, the piece ends with the words “dona nobis pacem,” or “grant us peace.”'

• Some of the singers looked close to tears while singing it. If it was originally written for string quartet, then it's just 4 voices? I wonder if he added anything when made for string orch? Are the eight singers just doubling the parts?

@GeoTony said:
    I’ve been trying to learn a guitar transcription of Barbers Adagio on and off for the last year or so. I’ll get there eventually ☹️

Go for it!

Barber's violin concerto is also worth a listen and also heart felt.

• Thanks for sharing. This one gets me every time

• edited September 8

This became burst onto into mainstreamwhen used in Platoon in 1986. I was surprised to see it used so much, not unlike Satir’s Gymnopodie, used in countless tv ads.

iOS does have a pretty good selection of choruses, but nuthin like the real thing.