Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Lyra 4 is back!

https://somasynths.com/lyra-4/

Anyone have one?
Anyone with a Lyra 8: Would a lyra 4 'be enough'? Or would you recommend the full 8?

Comments

• @sevenape said:

Anyone have one?
    Anyone with a Lyra 8: Would a lyra 4 'be enough'? Or would you recommend the full 8?

I reckon it’d scratch the same itch in much the same way. The eight is almost too much to handle all at once, I often just use one side or the other, and often only a couple of the voices at once.

I guess the only caveat would be that you have less ‘notes’ pre tuned to go to. Note the use of quotes around the word notes😅

• @sevenape said:

Anyone have one?

Let's face it, the way they've set the pricing up on that, you're just gonna end up getting 2 anyway 😁

• @Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

Anyone have one?

Let's face it, the way they've set the pricing up on that, you're just gonna end up getting 2 anyway 😁

Nice thing is you’ll end up with two sets of effects😅
    I actually think six would be the sweet spot, enough complexity without the overwhelm…

• I preordered 🙌

• edited September 18

I have the luxury of having a Lyra 8. Given my propensities towards random chaos, (More knobs to twiddle=good), I find myself using all of it, but a single Lyra 4 probably makes more sense on a cost/benefit basis.

Side note: enjoyed the video demo. The last moment of control began and ended with the mystical hand waves above the Lyras, before actually touching them. After that:

• @Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

Anyone have one?

I reckon it’d scratch the same itch in much the same way. The eight is almost too much to handle all at once, I often just use one side or the other, and often only a couple of the voices at once.

I guess the only caveat would be that you have less ‘notes’ pre tuned to go to. Note the use of quotes around the word notes😅

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

Anyone have one?

Ha! I usually only make music with three notes anyway so that's a spare one!!!!

• @Svetlovska said:
    I have the luxury of having a Lyra 8. Given my propensities towards random chaos, (More knobs to twiddle=good), I find myself using all of it, but a single Lyra 4 probably makes more sense on a cost/benefit basis.

Side note: enjoyed the video demo. The last moment of control began and ended with the mystical hand waves above the Lyras, before actually touching them. After that:

Hahahaha!

• I’ve got a Lyra-8 in beautiful (light/laboratory) green and it has a special place for certain reasons. If you like the sound and it fits your productions, then I think a Lyra-4 could be enough. To be honest, I don’t use it that much for music production. Personally I just like to sit with it and lose myself for a few moments, I find it so much fun to just “go with it” and relax or get inspired. It looks cool and has a great sound but its also a complex beast. With certain settings, and with a tiny change of a knob/switch you can go from ambient like scapes to uncontrolled chaos.

You don’t “program” a Lyra, it’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. Playing a Lyra is like traveling from A to ?. Just make sure you record it so you don’t miss the good bits. But even tuning one generator, sampling it and creating a chord with that (in a sampler) will give you a great synth sound. Did I mention it’s build like a tank?

• @Bietfriek said:
    I’ve got a Lyra-8 in beautiful (light/laboratory) green and it has a special place for certain reasons. If you like the sound and it fits your productions, then I think a Lyra-4 could be enough. To be honest, I don’t use it that much for music production. Personally I just like to sit with it and lose myself for a few moments, I find it so much fun to just “go with it” and relax or get inspired. It looks cool and has a great sound but its also a complex beast. With certain settings, and with a tiny change of a knob/switch you can go from ambient like scapes to uncontrolled chaos.

You don’t “program” a Lyra, it’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. Playing a Lyra is like traveling from A to ?. Just make sure you record it so you don’t miss the good bits. But even tuning one generator, sampling it and creating a chord with that (in a sampler) will give you a great synth sound. Did I mention it’s build like a tank?

Man I want one so much! I'd be sampling it into koala mostly I think or as you do just kind of zone out getting lost in electronic bliss

• edited September 19

:)

• @sevenape said:

@Bietfriek said:
    I’ve got a Lyra-8 in beautiful (light/laboratory) green and it has a special place for certain reasons. If you like the sound and it fits your productions, then I think a Lyra-4 could be enough. To be honest, I don’t use it that much for music production. Personally I just like to sit with it and lose myself for a few moments, I find it so much fun to just “go with it” and relax or get inspired. It looks cool and has a great sound but its also a complex beast. With certain settings, and with a tiny change of a knob/switch you can go from ambient like scapes to uncontrolled chaos.

Man I want one so much! I'd be sampling it into koala mostly I think or as you do just kind of zone out getting lost in electronic bliss

Heresy!! I would definitely think the main point would be to zone out playing these, seriously.

• @Svetlovska said:

👌😅😂

• @Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@Bietfriek said:

Heresy!! I would definitely think the main point would be to zone out playing these, seriously.

And definitely, self hypnosis feedback machine for sure…

• @Svetlovska said:

ahahahahahahaha