Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

background audio

instantaneous and unpredictable ... that's one of the reasons i ♥ ipad/iphone music making :))

one way i like to play, particularly on the iphone, is to just start an app and get something going - oftentimes whilst walking about - a moving meditation -

and then during this, maybe starting up another app and adding - an ongoing process as i move and think, the sound a background to my being

this method of play came from those early, pre-auv3 days, when background audio was all we had to mix and match :))

now i know i can set up templates in AUM, but that's not the spirit of this particular game that i play,

so my question is, why do some apps not provide this? in particular the wonderful Bram Bos apps?

i know Bram creates his apps first and foremost as auv3's - but as noted in their respective threads - Mononoke and Fluss make excellent drone machines, but put them to the background, and they fall silent...

as @brambos is currently around (thanks to the Lovely new camera app), i thought i'd take this opportunity ask :))

many thanks in advance :))

Comments

• edited September 30

Sorry, I now strictly keep my standalone apps to the absolute minimum, good for tinkering and jamming and creating presets, but no more. As soon as they go in the background they stop working and release the audio stream to other apps.

Once you start adding background features, people will start demanding all other connectivity; audiobus, IAA, Ableton Link, CoreMIDI, MidiSync, the list goes on.

And the worst thing is when the app goes into the background and drains people's battery and they leave a 1-star review because your app misbehaves. So you have start adding settings for that.

It's a never ending story, it eats up far too much development time and it adds very little value because most people just use the AUv3.

So I have decided on a very strict no-standalone policy. The basic standalone is just the very minimum needed to get my app through Apple's review.

:)

• :)) no worries @brambos ,, i knew there would be a sensible reason, i was just wondering what it was

many thanks for all the great apps :)) simon

• @brambos said:
    Sorry, I now strictly keep my standalone apps to the absolute minimum, good for tinkering and jamming and creating presets, but no more. As soon as they go in the background they stop working and release the audio stream to other apps.

Once you start adding background features, people will start demanding all other connectivity; audiobus, IAA, Ableton Link, CoreMIDI, MidiSync, the list goes on.

And the worst thing is when the app goes into the background and drains people's battery and they leave a 1-star review because your app misbehaves. So you have start adding settings for that.

It's a never ending story, it eats up far too much development time and it adds very little value because most people just use the AUv3.

So I have decided on a very strict no-standalone policy. The basic standalone is just the very minimum needed to get my app through Apple's review.

:)

I only use your apps in standalone to sometimes create presets, or just explore/jam export something I create. Everything I need to do with your apps beyond that is easily done in a host/daw.