Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

FLATLAND… the movie

I remember Edwin Abbot’s Flatland. It was interesting …. dimensionally speaking. This movie builds on that physics book.

Comments

• Looks awesome, will watch when I have the time. Read about the original book in some Rudy Rucker book, but never read the thing itself. Thanks for sharing.

• edited October 5

@tyslothrop1 said:
    Looks awesome, will watch when I have the time. Read about the original book in some Rudy Rucker book, but never read the thing itself. Thanks for sharing.

Here’s an animation from the 60s. Still not like the book as I recall it.

• Wait was that the book about two dimensional world of polygons and shapes etc and eventually becoming the single point ?

If so great book

• @yellow_eyez said:
    Wait was that the book about two dimensional world of polygons and shapes etc and eventually becoming the single point ?

If so great book

Not having read it, but about it and having watched only the shorter animation (awesome, thank you @LinearLineman) I guess it's more about the single point not knowing it's a section of a line, that doesn't know it's a side of square, having no idea, it's one side of a cube and so on.
    And also how the idea of a cube feels threatening to the square.

• I wonder what a dimensional reduction could sound like in musical composition.

• Makes me think of video games that recapitulate the evolution of video games, like evoland, from Atari 2600 graphics on to 8 bit all still 2d to crude 3d to cartoonish 3d realism. With music that evolves from super bit rushed FX to chiptune to the kind of music you hear in theme parks.

Or silence could be the single point, sound in mono the line, stereo the square, surround the cube...mmh where does it go from there?

• I read Flatland when I was about 12-13 years old and it had a world shaking effect on me. Not an exaggeration. It opened me up to all kinds of new ideas about the nature of the universe and our perception of it, etc..
    As an adult I bought an old copy of it. The ideas of social hierarchy stood out to me as peculiar and the writing seemed a bit dull.
    I can see why it might seem interesting to make a movie about it but hard to pull off. (I haven’t watched this yet).

• Nice! We had to read that in high school geometry (1989). I still remember the main gist of it.

• And now the audiobook…