Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Tonestack Pro or any effect with Guitar blowing out levels

edited October 6 in Loopy Pro

When I play guitar through Tonsetack Pro by itself theres a nice clean signal. When I add it as a Pre or Post fader effect to my guitar input on Loopy Pro it's super loud & distorted. It doesn't show up as an IAA or AUV input by itself.

Any ideas on how to fix? Thx in advance.

Comments

• Lower the gain

• Thx but that can't be the issue - I should be able to get the same clean signal I get in Tonestack in Loopy - & lowering the gain still has distortion.

• @ambrosiajam said:
    Lower the gain

I would agree with this.
    I've justed tested it using my rig and there's no issue on my end.
    Have you checked in Input/Output levels in the ToneStack Pro auv3 itself?

• @Gravitas said:

@ambrosiajam said:
    Lower the gain

I would agree with this.

Yes, levels are fine in Tonestack - nowhere near peaking.

It's not that the levels are peaking as much as the sound is clean in Tonestack & once I add as an effect, quite muddy in Loopy Pro.

Thanks for the input.

• @samesame said:

@Gravitas said:

@ambrosiajam said:
    Lower the gain

I would agree with this.

Yes, levels are fine in Tonestack - nowhere near peaking.

It's not that the levels are peaking as much as the sound is clean in Tonestack & once I add as an effect, quite muddy in Loopy Pro.

Thanks for the input.

No worries.
    I needed to open up ToneStack again any way.
    What sample rate and buffer size are you using?
    What audio interface are you using or are you using an iRig or something similar?

• Reboot everything and rebuild the patch and signal chain from scratch? Or try a diff host app to see if those levels are out of control there too?

• @samesame said:
    When I play guitar through Tonsetack Pro by itself theres a nice clean signal. When I add it as a Pre or Post fader effect to my guitar input on Loopy Pro it's super loud & distorted. It doesn't show up as an IAA or AUV input by itself.

Any ideas on how to fix? Thx in advance.

This sounds like something isn’t set up right. A lot of people use Tonestack Pro with Loopy Pro.

Have you tried rebooting?

What sample rate and buffer size are you using?

Can you make a screen recording to demonstrate?

• Thx guys - I started a new loopy pro project & the issue seems to be gone. Clean tone.

Appreciate the feedback - I'll just build from that new project.

Not sure what the issue was.

• @samesame said:
    Thx guys - I started a new loopy pro project & the issue seems to be gone. Clean tone.

Good to know.

Appreciate the feedback - I'll just build from that new project.

No problem.