Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

PFL - Pre fade listening - which setup makes more sense... inside the iPad or external with a mixer?

Hi,

I need some help...
I would like in a jam-situation with a friend to use PFL (pre fade listening), so I could listen alone to new generated patterns/melodies on the fly, before I put them on the master bus, so he can hear it, too.
Probably it´s kind of a dj-workflow I guess...

I´m not quite sure which Setup makes more sense... either inside the iPad with e.g. AUM or external with a mixer (for example Mackie 802 vlz4, because it´s relatively small and has pfl-buttons).

If I use the setup inside the iPad with e.g. AUM...
Then I probably need at least two stereo outs via an audio-interface? (I have the MOTU M4)
After that I would put the cables in the channels of the mixer Zoom Livetrak L8 of my friend...
The advantage would be I guess, that you could record-multitrack the channels in the Zoom L8, so you could edit afterwards the bad parts...

Or with the external version I would use a Mackie 802 vlz4 and have two iPads like two turntables and put them in two stereo-channels in the Mackie 802. And from there the main outs into one stereo-channel of the Zoom L8...
I guess the advantage here would be, that I don´t have to do so much with AUM and rather handle with the external mixer. Probably it´s the more "hands on" approach, but the sounds of the two ipads will be all baked in one stereo-channel.

What do you think?
Do you have a working setup, which uses also pfl ?
Thanks!

Comments

• Short answer: I would strongly recommend a hardware solution like the Mackie, because the setup and the handling is much more easier and reliable (aka plug and play 😉).

• Thanks. Will try the hardware option with the Mackie first.

Any other setup-suggestions / experiences?

Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited October 12

What do you have to work with on the iPad? Do you have an audio interface with more than one output?

If so then one solution in AUM is to use two busses, one that outputs to the master and one that outputs to whatever monitoring option you have.

Place two sends on each regular channel, one to send to the monitor bus and one to send to bus that outputs to the master. Put the monitor bus send pre-fader and the master bus send post-fader. Mute the channels you don't want going to the master. Since they're pre fader, you'll still hear them in the monitor bus. Once ready to go, unmute the channel to have it output to the master and the monitor.