Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Different drummer groove.

As i have said in another thread,yesterday,i have took the time to import my samples in different drummer.
It is a very long process,but one can do it😉.
A few years ago,i used this app almost all the time and in a lot of my compositions.
Then,after a few updares,i have lost my way with it.
I’m back to it and i must say it is a really creative tool.
Still amazed by the philosophy behind all that and what can be achieved with it.
Here is an example:

Comments

• Here is another example:

• Yes, another app I’ve criminally ignored after my initial enthusiasm.

Great tracks Flo

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yes, another app I’ve criminally ignored after my initial enthusiasm.

Great tracks Flo

Really worth a new try @Fruitbat1919 .
    Thanks.
    Flo

• Interesting tracks! DD by nature makes things that almost repeat but not quite depending on how you set it up. It’s quite a nifty idea based on an old Amiga app if I recall.

Unfortunately the dev tacked a bunch of things on and the UI became a bit of a hot mess. Still quite fun to play with tho.

• @rheslip said:
    Interesting tracks! DD by nature makes things that almost repeat but not quite depending on how you set it up. It’s quite a nifty idea based on an old Amiga app if I recall.

Unfortunately the dev tacked a bunch of things on and the UI became a bit of a hot mess. Still quite fun to play with tho.

I’ve been in touch with the dev for a long time and we’ve talked about this a lot.
    Yes,i think he has put too many things in the app and it has turned too complicated.
    For me,the sequencer has not its place in the app.
    That being said,i can acheive grooves with it,i can’t get with other apps.
    You can also play with it on the fly while the groove is rolling.
    It can bring a lot of nice surprises.
    Flo

• It’s definitely one of those apps that would benefit from a complete UI overhaul.

• It has actually already had at least 2 different complete UI overhauls, and has added the ‘patterning’ circular visualization years ago. I think the only thing that can be done at this point is to remove features (not permanently, maybe make ‘simple’ config in settings).

• @geremy said:
    It has actually already had at least 2 different complete UI overhauls, and has added the ‘patterning’ circular visualization years ago. I think the only thing that can be done at this point is to remove features (not permanently, maybe make ‘simple’ config in settings).

I don’t know I would consider them beneficial overhauls, just the addition of more UI complexity. What would really benefit it would be some simplification and making it a lot more intuitive.

• @michael_m said:

@geremy said:
    It has actually already had at least 2 different complete UI overhauls, and has added the ‘patterning’ circular visualization years ago. I think the only thing that can be done at this point is to remove features (not permanently, maybe make ‘simple’ config in settings).

I don’t know I would consider them beneficial overhauls, just the addition of more UI complexity. What would really benefit it would be some simplification and making it a lot more intuitive.

Agree,but one can find its way through the app if he really wants to😉.

• This intrigued me. I was not aware of this drummer app. After listening to your great music. I am still wondering as to what different drummer does compared to other drummer apps, but it looks worth checking out.

It seems semi generative - As a guitarist how is your midi drum situation ? Are you good at programming them? what do you use DD for?
    Full fleshed out songs or jams? (How is it for rock/metal?)

• @yellow_eyez said:
    This intrigued me. I was not aware of this drummer app. After listening to your great music. I am still wondering as to what different drummer does compared to other drummer apps, but it looks worth checking out.

It seems semi generative - As a guitarist how is your midi drum situation ? Are you good at programming them? what do you use DD for?

Don’t search for a traditional drum app.
    It is totally something else.
    A very creative tool with a lot of amazing surprises.
    I’ve used it a lot in some of my old tracks.
    I don’t like programming drums.Too lazy for that😉.
    I try to build a good groove and…..let’s play😉.
    Thanks.
    Flo

• @yellow_eyez said:
    This intrigued me. I was not aware of this drummer app. After listening to your great music. I am still wondering as to what different drummer does compared to other drummer apps, but it looks worth checking out.

It’s definitely good for creating something very different from most drum apps, but it’s very finicky and difficult to get back to things you like once you tweak and lose what you liked.

• @michael_m said:

@yellow_eyez said:

It’s definitely good for creating something very different from most drum apps, but it’s very finicky and difficult to get back to things you like once you tweak and lose what you liked.

There is a save function.

• @flo said:

@michael_m said:

@yellow_eyez said:

But most people don’t save during tweaking - that’s where it’s easy to overcook it.

• @michael_m said:

@flo said:

@michael_m said:

@yellow_eyez said:

But most people don’t save during tweaking - that’s where it’s easy to overcook it.

😉