Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

[ Psy Trance ] - Instinctive - Neutron Star

Just a random "accident" while overhauling Xequence's forever-unfinished internal audio engine and adding a few FX and stuff. It's more of a tech demo really than music, but anyway, enjoy if you can! 😄

Here's a live mixer view if you're into that kind of thing:

It's only my second foray into this subgenre so please bear with me while I'm seeing myself out 😂

Cheers!

Comments

• I like it! Keep diving into this, you do it well!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:
    I like it! Keep diving into this, you do it well!

/DMfan🇸🇪

Thanks! Whenever I have time and energy, which used to be the case more often the younger I was 😂

• It's only my second foray into this subgenre so please bear with me while I'm seeing myself out 😂

Only second foray and creates a dope af track is all I’ve read in this.

Teasing aside, well done! Any mastering done on the track or is this straight from Xequence?

• edited October 20

@offbrands said:

It's only my second foray into this subgenre so please bear with me while I'm seeing myself out 😂

Haha 😄

Teasing aside, well done! Any mastering done on the track or is this straight from Xequence?

Mastering has been done in Trinity! I feel tempted to integrate Trinity into Xequence's audio engine as an FX though... I did end up going back and forth 3 times with the mixdown, mostly adjusting the bassdrum by fractions of a dB, like I always do (I kinda suck at mixing)

• @SevenSystems said:

@offbrands said:

Haha 😄

Mastering has been done in Trinity! I feel tempted to integrate Trinity into Xequence's audio engine as an FX though... I did end up going back and forth 3 times with the mixdown, mostly adjusting the bassdrum by fractions of a dB, like I always do (I kinda suck at mixing)

The mastering is top notch as well, well done! I mean I listened to this in my iPhone speakers and felt it was mastered more so, so take that for whatever it’s worth! 😅

That would be cool to integrate. Kind of how Dawnbeat has Briiks in the app? But if you want the full standalone you have to purchase it. Could be a nice way to promote your other apps!

• Nice flow man!😃

• Love that pulsing bassline!

• a real banger, very impressive!

• @offbrands said:

@SevenSystems said:

@offbrands said:

Haha 😄

The mastering is top notch as well, well done! I mean I listened to this in my iPhone speakers and felt it was mastered more so, so take that for whatever it’s worth! 😅

Haha yes, I think that might be a good sign. Back when I still made more music, my old car's speakers were my referenced for shitty when mastering 😃

That would be cool to integrate. Kind of how Dawnbeat has Briiks in the app? But if you want the full standalone you have to purchase it. Could be a nice way to promote your other apps!

I've kinda lost the motivation to try to make money out of iOS music apps, but it would be a good idea!

• @Pxlhg said:
    Nice flow man!😃

I guess that means nice arrangement? Thanks ☺️

@richardyot said:
    Love that pulsing bassline!

Thanks! I felt that's one of the most crucial and hardest parts to get right in this genre. Still room for improvement though!

@drewinnit said:
    a real banger, very impressive!

Cheers, appreciate it!

• This is great. Xequence does the job, all right. No one would know this was done on an iPad. It’s our little secret.

• edited 9:08PM

@LinearLineman said:
    This is great. Xequence does the job, all right. No one would know this was done on an iPad. It’s our little secret.

Thank you. Note that the audio engine is not in the App Store version, can't say this often enough before people buy it and are disappointed 🥴

(most of this track was done in Chromium on Linux though... my 2017 iPad Pro is a bit long in the tooth and struggles with this production even at 1024 samples buffer size. And I kept fixing bugs and adding little feature bits here and there, which is much handier if you can keep the IDE and debugger open while composing 😄)

• I once made a nice living developing in Linux. LAMP, Perl, and C++. At one time stores like Best Buy were considering selling boxes with distros like Red Hat. Bill Gates put a stop to that. When configured properly, most everyday users wouldn’t notice any difference between Windows and Apple. I set up my wife with Linux Mint and she never knew. I think the fact that Apple switched to Unix says a lot. Open source is the way to go, but that will probably never happen.

Cool track. Takes me back to my single clubbing days in Chicago. The music was hot, and the women looked great. I bought Xequence a while ago and will fire it up this weekend.

• @Paulieworld said:
    I once made a nice living developing in Linux. LAMP, Perl, and C++. At one time stores like Best Buy were considering selling boxes with distros like Red Hat. Bill Gates put a stop to that. When configured properly, most everyday users wouldn’t notice any difference between Windows and Apple. I set up my wife with Linux Mint and she never knew. I think the fact that Apple switched to Unix says a lot. Open source is the way to go, but that will probably never happen.

Yeah, I made most of my living doing web development, mostly ugly stuff like PHP. Only recently (roughly since 2017) have I moved to iOS app development (also using web technologies mostly). Now I'm moving away from that again because you simply can't survive in the most expensive country in the EU with that kind of income 😂 But yeah, Linux is great as a desktop OS. It does help though if you know at least a little bit what you're doing. I've been using Debian Stable for many years now, after a wild phase of distro-hopping. I'll never move to anything else again. My God, apt!!!!!! Packages!!! Stability!!! Efficiency!!!

Cool track. Takes me back to my single clubbing days in Chicago. The music was hot, and the women looked great. I bought Xequence a while ago and will fire it up this weekend.

Yes, I agree. Well, the women haven't changed a lot since then. The music, I wouldn't know, I haven't gone to clubs since I passed 35 🙄

Have fun with Xequence!