Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

EQ10 AUv3 Equalizer by DiscoDSP (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eq10-auv3-equalizer/id6737163308

Master your sound with our 10-band Equalizer, now with AUv3 support for seamless integration into your favorite DAWs. Featuring 8 fully customizable EQ bands, each with adjustable frequency, gain, and variable Q, this app lets you fine-tune your audio with precision. Clean up your mix using high-pass and low-pass filters, and experience enhanced clarity with 2x internal oversampling, reducing distortion for a pristine sound. Customize frequencies on any of the 8 bands, giving you professional-grade control whether you're a producer, DJ, or audiophile. Achieve your perfect mix with this powerful, intuitive, and versatile EQ.

Comments

• I’ll hold off on this, as I really love my DDMF 6144, unless someone can demonstrate how this could be/sound better?

• That’s a whole lot of grey.

• @Slush said:
    That’s a whole lot of grey.

You beat me to it. I really don’t like how it looks. I’m all for minimalistic interfaces but this one upsets me 😄

• @Slush said:

That’s why it’s iPad only. There’s no room for the big slab of grey on the iPhone.

• It’s an obelisk of higher intelligence…

• edited October 21

@Slush said:

Why would this developer think this layout is acceptable?

• It looks like an unfinished project from the 4Pockets Surface Builder?! 🤦‍♂️Has anyone tested it yet?

• . > @NeuM said:

@Slush said:

Agreed, wow, that is shoddy looking

• Has anyone actually bought this to check if it exposes any AUParameters for automation?!

I feel slightly 'burned' from the lacking AUParameters in Discovery which they will most likely save for Discovery Pro at double price if/when it drops...

• @NeuM said:

@Slush said:

Right, it would be much better if it was pink.

• edited October 21

@Slush said:

@NeuM said:

@Slush said:

Not the color. Gray and black are fine. The layout.

• I expected this to be free based on the UI.

What an ugly lug.

Really sick of these recent releases with rubbish UI thought process or none at all, no excuse for lack of iphone compatibility on something like this either imo. What a pain.

Do these popular cross-platform developers/publishers actually use the apps they release when they port them?

• wimwim
    edited 12:31AM

I'm not sure I see the big deal here. How much UI does a simple EQ need? How many people use an EQ in full screen / standalone mode anyway?

That is, unless it sizes down awkwardly in an AUv3 window. I'm not spending $4.99 to find out tho. 😉

• Best screenshot! 😃

• wimwim
    edited 12:47AM

@SevenSystems said:
    Best screenshot! 😃

You know they're just "mailing it in" when they can't even take the trouble to do a screenshot in an AUv3 window. Also, why on earth could not such a basic UI not be released iPhone too? It doesn't leave the impression they take a whole lot of pride in their work.

• edited 12:58AM

I don't mind the colour scheme, but I'm in agreement with everyone else here. That layout is bloody rubbish. Not like I can get it anyways given it's iPad-only. (Once the new Mini is unleashed and I can finance one on Amazon, I will do just that. I still won't purchase this plug though, sorry.)

• @Luxthor said:
    It looks like an unfinished project from the 4Pockets Surface Builder?! 🤦‍♂️Has anyone tested it yet?

This was my exact thought too. Meh.

• edited 7:38AM

@NeuM said:

@Slush said:

@NeuM said:

@Slush said:

Not the color. Gray and black are fine. The layout.

I know, just kidding B)

• It’s like DiscoDSP don’t look at the great design of other apps

• edited 8:05AM

@Fruitbat1919 said:

It’s like DiscoDSP don’t look at the great design of other apps

Dagger and the FAC plugins have a similar issue going the other way... It's great on the iPad, not so good on Mac:

I think it depends whether they write for iPad or Mac first.

iPad plugins on the Mac all have the same aspect ratio for the plug-in window and don't look as good on the Mac as they do on the iPad.

I guess the tools Apple provide are limited for auv3 plug-ins with respect to these things. the FAC plug-ins for example on the iPad can be any shape or size. Not so on the Mac. That must be down to the compatibility layer allowing iPad apps to run on the Mac and vice versa.

• @klownshed said:

Don’t have a computer beyond my tablets, so can’t comment on them. Will buy a Mac one day, but it’s a long way down my list of stuff to get lol :D

• edited 9:37AM

@klownshed said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

It’s like DiscoDSP don’t look at the great design of other apps

Dagger and the FAC plugins have a similar issue going the other way... It's great on the iPad, not so good on Mac:

iPad plugins on the Mac all have the same aspect ratio for the plug-in window and don't look as good on the Mac as they do on the iPad.

I guess the tools Apple provide are limited for auv3 plug-ins with respect to these things. the FAC plug-ins for example on the iPad can be any shape or size. Not so on the Mac. That must be down to the compatibility layer allowing iPad apps to run on the Mac and vice versa.

This issue doesn't seem to equally affect all host apps on macOS, so it may make sense to provide feedback about this using this form (the more the merrier):
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

Incidentally, both Spatializer and RealPhase have a switch to disable the letterboxing effect, but using it requires some care if you want to resize the window. Would be great if more user feedback were available on this feature, whether it actually provides real utility or not (or what piece of information - if any - would help in a tutorial that one came to realize later and found helpful).

• edited 3:20PM

@wim said:
    I'm not sure I see the big deal here. How much UI does a simple EQ need? How many people use an EQ in full screen / standalone mode anyway?

That is, unless it sizes down awkwardly in an AUv3 window. I'm not spending $4.99 to find out tho. 😉

@wim said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Best screenshot! 😃

You know they're just "mailing it in" when they can't even take the trouble to do a screenshot in an AUv3 window. Also, why on earth could not such a basic UI not be released iPhone too? It doesn't leave the impression they take a whole lot of pride in their work.

Yes, and sorry for the slightly snarky comment. I'm not great at marketing myself. But that screenshot really almost intentionally seems to show the product in the worst possible light!

Also, how am I supposed to adjust EQ without a "Gain" control? I'm baffled (like the doctors...) 🤔

• @SevenSystems said:

Also, how am I supposed to adjust EQ without a "Gain" control? I'm baffled (like the doctors...) 🤔

Apparently the 'outer ring' controls the band frequency the off-center knob controls the gain and the pot under it controls the Q or something like that, not that I'll buy it to verify that LOL :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

Apparently the 'outer ring' controls the band frequency the off-center knob controls the gain and the pot under it controls the Q or something like that, not that I'll buy it to verify that LOL :sunglasses:

Ahhhhhhh OK. Yes didn't catch that at first glance. I humbly stand corrected!