Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Shure SRH440 headphone revamped

We need a headphone section!

So I bought a Shure SRH440 in almost mint condition for just €15 euros. I couldn't resist as I know this discontinued headphone has been praised for its neutral sound signature. The headband felt dreadfull and the earpads where not the best so I decided to do a headband amputation as mentioned here https://www.thesoundapprentice.com/2014/07/mod-your-shure-srh840-headphones.html I put a Beyerdynamic DT770 headband around the metal frame and changed the earpads for the velour HPAEC940 version. It looks and feels like a 1000% better. And the sound is just fantastic!

Comments

• Nice. These are probably the best headphones you can get under $100. Apart from some sub-bass rolloff they're very neutral.

• @richardyot said:
    Nice. These are probably the best headphones you can get under $100. Apart from some sub-bass rolloff they're very neutral.

They are indeed! I rate them higher than my DT770 which is everything but neutral. Stellar build but that V-shape..
    It is very difficult to find a closed back headphone with a frequency response so close to the Harman curve like the Shure. Too bad they don't make them anymore, they messed with the frequency response of the updated 440A version. If somehow my revamped 440 breaks apart I'll buy the 440A and swap the drivers :#

• I have the Beyer DT990 and I hate them. Why is that brand so highly rated ?

• @ecou said:
    I have the Beyer DT990 and I hate them. Why is that brand so highly rated ?

Because everybody is repeating the same mantra: ask for a good studio headphone and 9 out of 10 will recommend you DT770 & Audio Technica M50x. You really have to start digging to find better solutions.

• edited 3:46PM

I’ve got ATH M-50x’s for tracking and AKG-550’s for mixing. Can’t do open back because my house is too noisy. Both are lovely. AKG is generally more Harmon curve-ish.