Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Time signature mixing?

Wondering if there is an app or DAW that allows experimenting with time signatures? I love how it works so well in these songs:

Comments

• If the two time signatures have a point in common, like say 4/4 3/4 6/8 12/8, they all have the “one” in common, so the listener has some grounding to understand the tempo, then it’s easy. If you start going into odd tempo like 5/4 or 7/8 it’s still possible (they still have a 1) but you have to drop the listener more clues, like really emphasizing the common beats.
    But you were asking for an app. Well I’m partial to drambo, but apps like patterning or xequence handle all this well

• @pedro said:
    If the two time signatures have a point in common, like say 4/4 3/4 6/8 12/8, they all have the “one” in common, so the listener has some grounding to understand the tempo, then it’s easy. If you start going into odd tempo like 5/4 or 7/8 it’s still possible (they still have a 1) but you have to drop the listener more clues, like really emphasizing the common beats.
    But you were asking for an app. Well I’m partial to drambo, but apps like patterning or xequence handle all this well

Appreciate this! Very interesting and illuminating what you are saying! Great to know about those apps handling this. I happen to have both of them! :)

• Audio Evolution can do that.

• edited 12:40PM

@pedro :Unfortunately Xequence does NOT allow for mixing time signatures. Once you decide on one , you’re locked into that . I’ve asked the developer about it , he says he’d have to rewrite the entire all to implement it .. Same with GarageBand and Cubasis. I believe Drambo can do it , while I know that Logic Pro for iPad can also. FL Studio Mobile says it’s on the list for future developments. Audio Evolution Mobile can do it as well.

• edited 2:05PM

From my understanding, these DAW do tempo/time sig

Purchases/buy to own:
    Auria Pro
    AEMS
    Multitrackstudio

(Nanostudio 2 - audio must be done in another DAW or you can add Multitrack recorder plugin by 4pockets I just read in the team nanostudio 2 thread)
    [dRambo]

subscription:
    N-track studio
    Logic

Are there any other DAWs that do it besides these?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @pedro :Unfortunately Xequence does NOT allow for mixing time signatures. Once you decide on one , you’re locked into that . I’ve asked the developer about it , he says he’d have to rewrite the entire all to implement it .. Same with GarageBand and Cubasis. I believe Drambo can do it , while I know that Logic Pro for iPad can also. FL Studio Mobile says it’s on the list for future developments. Audio Evolution Mobile can do it as well.

Drambo can do it via number of steps, you can have a 4/4 12/8 and 5/4 all synchronized on the 1. I thought Xequence did this too, maybe I’m mistaken

• A couple of metronomes come to mind that were developed for messing around with time signature changes: Time Guru and Metronomics.

• Thanks everyone. Looking into these. How about Patterning?

• @pbelgium said:
    A couple of metronomes come to mind that were developed for messing around with time signature changes: Time Guru and Metronomics.

Metronomics looks handy!
    though the in-app purchase is a yearly subscription.

• Sorry about that, it used to be a one-time payment. I just checked and the basic version still does most things, including what's in the video you posted.

• @gkillmaster said:
    Thanks everyone. Looking into these. How about Patterning?

Patterning 3 does time sig changes too

• This is available as a web site or a (free I think) app

• @yellow_eyez said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Thanks everyone. Looking into these. How about Patterning?

Patterning 3 does time sig changes too

Great to know, thanks!

• @GeoTony said:
    This is available as a web site or a (free I think) app

This looks really powerful and interesting if I can figure out how it works. Thanks for the tip!