Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.
What is Loopy Pro? — Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.
Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.
Download on the App StoreLoopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.
Progress
This started as a Groove Rider EDM experiment, but “evolved” into something completely different. Not exactly sure what it is, but it was a fun little project. My wife asked… are you making progress? I replied… not really, but it now has a title.

Comments
@Paulieworld The groove box structure/limitation is clear on this one. More of a Club vibe than other pieces I've heard from you but still retains your fingerprints. I get similar results when using GR2. A testament to the power and character of the tool, I suppose. Your skill set covers a wide spectrum. Enjoyed listening. The song's got a good beat and you can dance to it. I give it a 95. 🕺✌️
I hadn't used GR2 for a long time, but @jwmmakerofmusic did a few things recently that got my interest flowing again. It's definitely very structured and limiting, but it works well for this type of thing. Actually, everything I do has built-in limitations. I only use an iPad, stylus, and headphones. No external instruments or controllers of any kind. It's ironic since I played piano and bass in many bands for 40+ years. Mom spent all of that money on music lessons and now I'm doing this! I would dance to it, but my arthritis says "no". Also, all of the good night clubs closed decades ago. I often wonder what young people do these days for fun. Staring at a cellphone doesn't appeal to me. Thanks for listening and commenting. Have a great week!
Interesting piece, and definetly not something I expected from you. Nice!
/DMfan🇸🇪
Ayo! Checked out your "Progress" track, and it's fire!! Glad you're getting back into GR2, at least for one project. It's really a fantastic app.
Yes, limiting and a pretty structured workflow, but that's the magic of GR2 to be honest. The "secret sauce" to getting shit done in GR2 quickly is it pretty much has a predefined workflow.
Unlike apps like Drambo and miRack, where I could spend hours getting lost in noodling around on one patch. And while there's nothing inherently wrong with noodling around with modular shit, faffing about isn't what my clients want. They want top results of their commissions done in a reasonable amount of time.
And, my idea of fun these days mate is staring at my cellphone while quickly making new beats and music in Auxy Studio. I haven't touched Auxy since early July sad to say, but I'll return to Auxy soon.
Just got one more piece of client work to complete in GR2.
I can hear progress. Nice piece. frenq
Wow. I love the sounds in this. As someone who is synesthetic, this was like an explosion of amazing imagery, colors and shapes that was constantly shifting. I really enjoyed this from start to finish, every second of the way. It's like there was something new grabbing my attention at regular intervals while at the same time there was a a thread/groove keeping the whole piece together.
@frenq @peanut_gallery Thank you, gentlemen. I really enjoyed your recent tracks. Have a nice weekend!
First few moments I thought this can’t be you but as it went on your secret sauce started to kick in … although I’d be hard pressed to explain the ingredients 🤔
You threw the classic ‘add a little something extra’ in around the one minute mark as well 👌
There is lot of great ideas, sounds, details, very good sounding patrerns compressed into too short playtime … this can be easily 40 minutes long set and I would love to listen it .. just play with slower transitions, sometimes turn on/off some channels here and there, filter out something, etc.. do changes more smoothly, slowy, more subtle .. sometimes keep play short stoptime without beat, then build up and put beat back - and it will be GREAT live set .. all needed material for pribably 40 minutes long set is there, you just need to perform it .. great job !
It’s like EDM just can’t stand being EDM any more and keeps trying to escape. But every time it tries it gets sucked right back into being EDM again. There is progress but it’s fleeting.
@GeoTony is right. Your secret sauce is all over this.
Hi Tony! I wish I had a secret sauce. The thing of it is, I stopped buying apps a couple years ago. I probably have 100 or more synth apps, but I tend to only use a few of my favorites. I guess that makes for a consistent sound over time. I have been playing around with the “wall of sound” approach that Phil Spector used. It gets pretty dense, but I like how it sounds in headphones. Hope you are doing well!
I would love to perform live, but it would probably be pretty boring to watch some old guy sitting in a recliner with an iPad on his lap. I played piano and bass for decades in cover bands, so I’ve had my day. Now I just love to create imaginary bands that play my own original “music.” No rehearsals, no politics, no late hours, no driving. It was great fun at the time, but now I cringe at the thought.
You make some very good points. This one started out as an EDM thing, but everybody is doing that, so I just wanted this to be an endless wall of evolving sound from start to finish. I think it does that! Thanks for listening and commenting. Have a good one.
Hey @boomer. Hope all is well. I officially retired yesterday. So far, I’m digging it. I just hope the money doesn’t run out before I take a dirt nap. If it does, we’ll just have to turn to a life of crime. We could be like a geriatric Bonnie and Clyde.
You are absolutely right about the EDM thing. I like that style, but it’s better suited for dancing, and I don’t do that much anymore. I just had fun mixing and matching stuff with no particular end in mind. I just finished something else that combines EDM, 80s synth rock, and extreme heavy metal. It’s hilarious! I don’t know if it’s appropriate for this forum. Some would find it very difficult to listen to. It’s called Master Blaster! It’s on my SoundClown page if you’re interested in having a good laugh. Have a great weekend!
:> @Paulieworld said: I just finished something else that combines EDM, 80s synth rock, and extreme heavy metal. It’s hilarious!
Brings to mind an idea I had way back when Disco was the thing. I thought I would release the ultimate disco album consisting of 45 minutes of just a kick drum thumping at about 112 bpm.
EDM is just disco on steroids. So you could do the same kick drum only faster with a ton of side chain compression on a static pad. Call it ambient EDM. Whudaya think?
@boomer I like it! Sort of like 4’33” by John Cage, but with a beat. It’s on my short list.
@Paulieworld is its own genre. Unmistakable. I love the density of this. A really enjoyable listen. A little bit Herbie ‘Dis Is Da Drum’ without the awkward vocal chops. How you do this without a controller of some kind beats me but that must be part of what makes your USP.
Congrats on the retirement. it’s a tough gig - you never get a day off!
Hi Andy! Thank you for that nice comment about genre. My wife came up with the idea of tagging everything as #Paulieworld. I think she just got tired of me asking… what genre is this? Regarding external controllers, I’ve never done it any other way since I started using this iPad. It has definitely changed the way I “write” music. When I played in bands, it was fun to bring in an idea and see where it went. There was always a lot of give and take, but the end result was always satisfying. With an iPad, I create the “band” and it does whatever I say. Sometimes I think I prefer the old way. I don’t have much choice these days since my favorite players have retired.
Speaking of retirement, I started by sleeping late. Normally, at this time, I would be at my desk stressing out. Right now, I’m sitting on the patio, sipping some extra dark roast coffee. The good stuff that my wife bought to celebrate! I think this will work out just fine.
Edit - Years ago, I played in a band called Current. We did mostly Prog and fusion stuff. Bill, the guitar player, recently found some old cassette recordings and posted them on SoundCloud. I reposted a few on this forum as “Lost recordings.” The sound quality isn’t the best, and there are lots of mistakes, but it sounds more like a real band. I do miss that.