Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro? — Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

Peel and Replace Functionality

Hi everyone, I’m just now starting to get familiar with Loopy Pro and have run into an issue. My current objective to learn how to set up Loopy Pro is to create a template that behaves like my old RC-30. Using an M-Vave Chocolate, I have been able to figure almost everything out except one feature. How do you set up a standard “undo/redo” function? The way I would like for it to work is for a long press of a midi switch to undo the last overdub on the selected track. Then, with the next long press of the same switch, be able to add the overdub back on the selected track. I have looked around and found that you have to use the Peel/Replace feature, but I can’t seem to figure out how to program it with the functionality I’m looking for. It looks like the removal functionality was decoupled from the addition functionality so that you can remove or replace multiple layers on a single clip. I’m looking for the simple undo/redo functionality you’d find on any single track looper. Any tips, tricks, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Yub

Comments

  • @yubancat : you can set up a stepped dial with two steps: peel and replace and set it up so that it alternates between the two.

    Steps:

    Create a stepped a stepped dial so that it has two steps. Name them Undo/Redo or Peel/Replace.

    Set the dial options (via the gear wheel) to perform actions on activation trigger.

    For step 1 add these actions:

    • Peel
    • Trigger widget with the dial itself as the target. Nudge with wraparound selected. Set perform actions to Activation

    Long press on step one and copy the actions to the clipboard.

    Long-press on step 2 and paste.

    Edit the peel action that was pasted and change it to replace.

    In the dial’s press section, add a Trigger Widget action that targets the dial itself. Set the Action to Activate Current Value/Retrigger

    You can now set up your midi binding to the dial’s press action and it will alternate between Peel and Replace.

  • @espiegel123 thanks for the quick response. I will give this a try.

    Yub

Sign In or Register to comment.