Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro? — Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

Importing samples

What’s the easiest way to import all my samples and loops into my iPad? I have them stored on my windows computer as well as on my external hard drive

Comments

  • Itunes file share with a cable, directly into the app of your choice, audioshare for instance. You can preserve folders
    Then in audioshare move them from the itunes folder into main storage (again you can move folders even nested folders)
    Then from audioshare you can share to any app, or to files app if you need
    I don’t use icloud for that as I don’t want to pay for extra storage, and some of my samples are of shady origins and I don’t want them going through apple servers so a straight dump from windows through itunes bypass that. I avoid any type of itunes sync like the plague. I just use direct transfer to specific apps (do the same for ebooks and mp3 songs)
    There are other options than audioshare but I’m old school and don’t use many samples in my music anymore

  • wimwim
    edited 5:32AM

    To avoid being reliant on AudioShare, If the external hard drive is USB, then plug it up to your iPad and copy the folder(s) over into On My iPad using the files app.

    Unlike @Pedro, I recommend staying away from being reliant on AudioShare as a sample library. It's starting to show its age. It was created to bridge the gap before the files app was available. The main reason I say one should avoid it is it's implemented as a "File Provider". Without going into details, the main drawback is you can't always copy a whole folder structure from AudioShare, but have to do each folder or file one at a time. That's an over-generalization, but the suggestion still stands.

    I don't know how your library is organized on your external drive. So I can't say if it should be reorganized as you copy the folders over. Now's a good time to think about that though.

    You should also think about whether it makes sense to leverage iCloud or not. If you have enough space in iCloud, it can be an advantage to put your files there so that you can get to them from any App;e. Now that iOS/iPadOS has the option, you can specify files and folders to stay on device, meaning that a local copy is always available even if you're offline. Without that, one never knows if files will need to be downloaded first before they can be used because the OS might have decided to remove it from the local cache.

Sign In or Register to comment.