Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Thereminator 2 by Yonac Inc. (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/thereminator-2/id6736556748

*** HALLOWEEN INTRO PRICE! *** 50% OFF for a limited time!

"I'll be Bach." Stop the presses! Load up the inkwells! For it's the return of one of the first — if not the first — instruments made for iOS: the infamous "pocket theremin" is back.

A lot has changed since those heady days of 2008, and so has Thereminator. Although it is not made of T-1000 grade liquid metal (well...not yet), the all-new Thereminator 2 has evolved into a bona fide touch controlled virtual theremin with ample helpings of tone, expression, versatility, and technology.
And it's now an AUv3 plugin, too! Using a special adaptation of the MPE protocol, Thereminator 2 can inject its eerie sounds directly into your DAW, whether on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Silicon powered computer.

Whether you have your plan 9 ready, or just lurking in dark shadows, it is a thrill to bring back the app that started it all for us. Thank Y'all for the support, for it's been an amazing journey!

•: Specifications ::
• Touch-controlled Virtual Theremin
• AUv3 instrument plugin included
• Compatible with DAWs that are MPE friendly, including GarageBand, Logic, and Cubasis
• Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon powered computers
• Over 50 factory presets
Sound engine includes,
• 8 waveforms, including the original, unique Thereminator waveform
• 8 octave frequency range
• Special drive stage for fattening up the sound
• Virtual-Analog resonant filter
• Dedicated vibrato and tremolo operators with adjustable rate & amount
• Portamento
• Custom chorus / expander effect for big stereophonic sounds
• Modeled tape delay capable of self-oscillation - plenty of vintage mojo
• Vertical touch control for volume, filter, vibrato and tremolo

Built-in touch controller includes,
• Horizontal pitch and vertical expression control
• 51 musical scales
• Selectable musical key
• Note Snap feature that can dial in any amount of glide between adjacent notes
• Lock feature to preserve above setting during preset changes
• Scrollable control surface with adjustable key size
MIDI / MPE and other features include,
• MIDI Learn
• MPE
• Can be used with regular MIDI keyboards on MIDI channel 1 (channels 2-16 are optimized for MPE)
• Save & share unlimited banks and presets
• Standalone app includes virtual "Tapedeck" for recording & sharing your creations

Comments

• How does it sound...?

• I like it and dislike it at the same time! :#

• Probably a good plugin to be loaded into MusiKraken to play with the camera tracking features (hand, face, body, cat).

• Someone please revive BeBot as an AUv3. We need polyphony too :sunglasses:

• I'm only interested in the keyboard, does it sends MIDI and MPE MIDI?

• Instant “the clangers” love it :)

• I watched the demo video above and thought “ok but does it Portishead”. OMG opened it up and without adjusting anything it’s instant Mysterons (I know it’s an SH-101 but it’s trying to be a Theremin)

• @MistaG do you mean “The Mysterions”? If so, you’re way old, pardner. The best thing about that movie was the trailer. I hope the presets are named like “Theraflu”, “therapeutic” and “The Charlize Theron”

• I like it because it means we’re now “this much” closer to getting the rest of the Yonac catalog of apps on macOS.

• Hey, already #29 on the Music app charts! Not bad, @Yonac! And good timing for Halloween.

• edited October 15

@LinearLineman said:
    @MistaG do you mean “The Mysterions”? If so, you’re way old, pardner. The best thing about that movie was the trailer. I hope the presets are named like “Theraflu”, “therapeutic” and “The Charlize Theron”

Nah, I was referring to the Portishead track called “Mysterons”

And hey, as a fan of terrible films with great trailers I like that film🤣

Does anyone here remember Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons? The original Gerry Anderson was infinitely better than the CGI remake so let’s not get into that argument!

• edited October 15

@MistaG here we go…

The guy speaking at 1:30, I believe, as the head Samurai in Seven Samurai.

• Coolest thing ever - I’ve been annoying people (and my cat) with it all day

• edited October 15

@dwell said:
    I'm only interested in the keyboard, does it sends MIDI and MPE MIDI?

It does, but so far I haven’t found any MPE settings, or really any settings other than the four toggle switches for “Verticle Control”. Maybe he’ll add those in later?

Yonac’s Trooper synth (and I think Magellan 2 also) has a much more robust MPE controller keyboard implementation, and settings to adjust to your liking. This is of course talking about a Yonac app to Yonac app comparison. (There’s definitely other apps that offer MPE control like Velocity Keyboard or GeoShred)

Trooper:

• @KRPT said:
    Coolest thing ever - I’ve been annoying people (and my cat) with it all day

Poor cat. Bug the people instead. :D

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@dwell said:

It does, but so far I haven’t found any MPE settings, or really any settings other than the four toggle switches for “Verticle Control”. Maybe he’ll add those in later?

It says something about "special adaptation of the MPE protocol". I wonder if that's usable as midi controller.

Yonac’s Trooper synth (and I think Magellan 2 also) has a much more robust MPE controller keyboard implementation, and settings to adjust to your liking. This is of course talking about a Yonac app to Yonac app comparison. (There’s definitely other apps that offer MPE control like Velocity Keyboard or GeoShred)

Oh, I think I have them both 🤭 I will try.

• edited October 15

@LinearLineman said:
    @MistaG here we go…

The guy speaking at 1:30, I believe, as the head Samurai in Seven Samurai.

Yes it is, Takashi Shimura (appears in several Toho Godzilla films too). I love this end of the film spectrum as well as the other end that Seven Samurai represents. Such a cool actor to be across the board like this. What do I watch now Gidorrah or Yojimbo?!?!??????!
    Sorry for the derail, this is a great app

• wimwim
    edited October 15

It doesn't make use of the gyroscope axes?
    That seems like an odd missed opportunity.

• @dwell said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@dwell said:

It says something about "special adaptation of the MPE protocol". I wonder if that's usable as midi controller.

It can be used as a simple MPE controller for other apps, yes. Though the app itself is mono, it can send per note pitchbend and do per note cc74 modulation when sending to poly MPE synths.

I have a vid up on this on YouTube already btw, though I didn’t cover that use case.

• @MistaG said:
    Does anyone here remember Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons?

"This is the voice of The Mysterons".

Classic G.A.!

• @wim said:
    It doesn't make use of the gyroscope axes?
    That seems like an odd missed opportunity.

Agree. That’s a perfect use for the gyroscope

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MistaG here we go…

Elon’s Space X programme needs a little work.

• @NeuM said:
    Hey, already #29 on the Music app charts! Not bad, @Yonac! And good timing for Halloween.

Yeah! No. 7 now!

• Didn’t need it,
    Scored it anyway,
    Best Theremin Eva

Prior to that my Oddysei handled all my arping thereminic needs, but this simply is gorgeous sounding. yonac makes some dope shit.

• Works just as great on iPhone too.

• Watching the MIDI output is interesting. Every new note increments the MIDI Channel between 2-to-16,
    Since the synth output is monophonic only the most recent note on is active. Move that finger and the pitch pends are sent so the synth outputs pitch slides that match your finger movements.

Linking Pitch Bends to a distinct channel is the essence of the MPE standard. Setting the pitch bend range in the target synth to +/- 12 is essential to have the App’s keyboard align with the target synth for all bends.

I’m enjoying the retro-synth tones Yonac has concocted in this one. I have always enjoyed the heft of a Yonac Synth.

• @MistaG said:

Does anyone here remember Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons? The original Gerry Anderson was infinitely better than the CGI remake so let’s not get into that argument!

SIG ! Gerry Anderson’s productions (and the music of Barry Gray) were the soundtrack to my childhood - Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and of course the live-action UFO (which made a great impression on me as an adolescent 😉). Ed Bishop, Commander Straker in UFO, was also the voice of Captain Blue in Captain Scarlet; and Shane Rimmer who was the voice of Scott Tracy in Thunderbirds also provided voices in Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 as well as various live appearances in UFO, so there was quite a bit of “re-use” of actors as well as models going on over the years.

I remember as a child, being taken to see an exhibition of all the Thunderbirds models and puppets and being completely mesmerised. We lived near London Heathrow airport in those days which is only a few minutes drive from Slough where the programmes were made, so I imagine the exhibition was probably held at the actual studios. I probably still have my heavily played with old model toys and copies of the TV21 comic stashed away in the loft somewhere! They don’t make them like that anymore!

• I have and like Ribbons Touch Instrument which seems similar. It can be used as a MIDI controller too (including MPE).

• @Svetlovska said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @MistaG here we go…

Elon’s Space X programme needs a little work.

“Still love the truck, though!”

Some of the most entertaining reading currently out there can be found on the CyberStuck subreddit. Highly recommended.