Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Thereminator 2 by Yonac Inc. (Released)

2»

Comments

• @toneman88 said:
    SIG ! Gerry Anderson’s productions (and the music of Barry Gray) were the soundtrack to my childhood - Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and of course the live-action UFO (which made a great impression on me as an adolescent 😉).

Ever see Gerry's "The Secret Service"? It kind of bridged the puppets to live action (it had a weird mix of puppets with live actors for the long shots, walking, running etc.).

All those shows had great theme songs and incidential music. Even had Cliff singing in the Thunderbirds movie.

• edited October 16

Never seen The Secret Service but it’s one of those things I keep meaning to get round to seeing.

UFO is perhaps my favourite show ever, so bleak (and that Barry Gray soundtrack!) and really deserved the 2nd season that turned into Space 1999 (which I don’t like). Captain Scarlet is almost the 1st season, Spectrum becomes SHADO, Captain Blue is Ed Straker, the angels go to Moonbase etc.

Should’ve done a separate thread, I apologise again for the derail

• edited October 16

@Simon said:

@toneman88 said:
    SIG ! Gerry Anderson’s productions (and the music of Barry Gray) were the soundtrack to my childhood - Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and of course the live-action UFO (which made a great impression on me as an adolescent 😉).

Ever see Gerry's "The Secret Service"? It kind of bridged the puppets to live action (it had a weird mix of puppets with live actors for the long shots, walking, running etc.).

All those shows had great theme songs and incidential music. Even had Cliff singing in the Thunderbirds movie.

I vaguely remember The Secret Service but it wasn’t something I watched regularly. I think I may have been “growing out of” puppets by then. Also, I never liked Stanley Unwin as a performer.

I do remember the “Thunderbirds are Go” movie very well though. I was taken to see it in London as a Christmas treat when it first came out. We only had black & white TV in those days, so seeing the action in colour on a big screen was an eye opener. As for the “dream” sequence with “Cliff Richard Jr and the Shadows” playing at the Swinging Star nightclub - I think that stretched even my juvenile credulity to its limit 🤭. Probably quite a coup for them to get him to do the “voice over” at the time though, on what was presumably a relatively low budget. A bit like getting Taylor Swift to do Lady Penelope today 😂.

Edit :- I’m sorry for the derail too.

• edited October 16

@toneman88 said:
    I do remember the “Thunderbirds are Go” movie very well though. I was taken to see it in London as a Christmas treat when it first came out. We only had black & white TV in those days, so seeing the action in colour on a big screen was an eye opener.

Same here.

If you like the Barry Gray songs you will like these nice remixes (scroll to bottom of page):
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46783/listen-to-wikipedia-as-ambient-music-other-lockdown-diversions/p13

I got this on a CD years ago. I think you can still buy it on Amazon.

• Wow this app is a lot of fun for £3.99!

• edited October 16

@jamietopol said:
    I have and like Ribbons Touch Instrument which seems similar. It can be used as a MIDI controller too (including MPE).

I bought ribbons for the mpe controller- how do I setup in AUM?

• Bought and I’m not too impressed.
    Maybe it’s me but I feel like even on Note Snap set to zero I can hear the note steps, which is completely un-theremin. Just checked against trusty BeBot, the latter doesn’t snap to notes. In Thereminator there’s no area between one note and the next, ie no out of tune areas or pitch drift within a note. Me no likes.

• @tahiche said:
    Bought and I’m not too impressed.
    Maybe it’s me but I feel like even on Note Snap set to zero I can hear the note steps, which is completely un-theremin. Just checked against trusty BeBot, the latter doesn’t snap to notes. In Thereminator there’s no area between one note and the next, ie no out of tune areas or pitch drift within a note. Me no likes.

Hey Tahiche, is that with it set to chromatic scale? I mentioned in my vid that it might be better to use that when doing glides, as the distance needed for smooth, controlled pitch bends will be easier to predict than if there are sometimes shorter and sometimes longer intervals, as in other scales. Also, obviously, decreasing the range of the keyboard can be important. When I did these things and set note snap to zero, I didn't feel there was any stepping.

• @Gavinski said:

@tahiche said:

Hey Tahiche, is that with it set to chromatic scale? I mentioned in my vid that it might be better to use that when doing glides, as the distance needed for smooth, controlled pitch bends will be easier to predict than if there are sometimes shorter and sometimes longer intervals, as in other scales. Also, obviously, decreasing the range of the keyboard can be important. When I did these things and set note snap to zero, I didn't feel there was any stepping.

Hey Gav, thanks for the answer.
    I do hear stepping. Because I hear notes. As far as I can tell this app plays notes, so it goes from one note to the next. Obviously if you have more notes (smaller keyboard and chromatic) the jumps will be smoother. But there’s still jumps… a theremin should not play notes but whatever frequency (hz) relates to the distance or in this case position on the grid. But what I’m seeing is this app will play 440hz for A note or 466 for A#. Nothing in between…there’s no “wiggling”. Am I wrong?.

• @tahiche said:

@Gavinski said:

@tahiche said:

I do hear stepping. Because I hear notes. As far as I can tell this app plays notes, so it goes from one note to the next. Obviously if you have more notes (smaller keyboard and chromatic) the jumps will be smoother. But there’s still jumps… a theremin should not play notes but whatever frequency (hz) relates to the distance or in this case position on the grid. But what I’m seeing is this app will play 440hz for A note or 466 for A#. Nothing in between…there’s no “wiggling”. Am I wrong?.

I definitely got vibrato wiggling on the x axis and did smooth glides. There are definitely tones in between notes. Strange you aren't getting that if you have the note snap set to zero. Maybe contact the dev?

• edited October 19

@Gavinski said:

@tahiche said:

@Gavinski said:

@tahiche said:

I definitely got vibrato wiggling on the x axis and did smooth glides. There are definitely tones in between notes. Strange you aren't getting that if you have the note snap set to zero. Maybe contact the dev?

You can clearly hear the glides in this little demo I did where one hand is holding a drone while I glide between notes smoothly with the other. https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBLsaqXNff0/?igsh=MTE5cW9lc3JtMzg3bA==

I did other demos of this in my youtube walkthrough

• Well - I bought this app two days ago and it is exceeding all my expectations. I am getting some amazing sounds when combined with plateVerb.

I love the controls - this makes excellent use of the iPad's touch interface. I wasn't around in iOS for the original a decade back, so this interface is new to me. Wonderful for sound design! I like how I can control how much it hits a note or is gliding. If you've ever tried to play a real Theremin in band setting, you'll appreciate how nice this is! Reminds me of a Moog Theremini.

Whoever it is at Yonac who put this one together is quite the designer! Chef's kiss!

• @tahiche said:
    Nothing in between…there’s no “wiggling”. Am I wrong?.

This might be a silly question, but are you playing it on the app's touch surface or with your MIDI keyboard?