Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Le Rêve Poignant | Linearlineman Piano improvisation, chamber string orchestration by JanKun

edited October 20 in Creations

More than 2 years ago, Mike @LinearLineman sent me a dozen of his piano improvisations to orchestrate. At that time, the problem I faced was that the pieces I liked the most were not played to a click (which is probably why I liked them in the first place).
I had to find a way to create a tempo track to match his performances but this was a daunting task to do by hand, and at that time, I didn't have any tool that could analyse and map the tempo automatically. So, I gave up on the idea for more than 2 years... feeling bad I couldn't deliver anything to Mike...
Then few days ago, I realised that Logic had exactly the function I needed. After importing in Staffpad the tempo track mapped by logic, I was eventually able to start building an orchestration. Here is the result.
The piano performance was rendered in Logic using one of the great Petrof preset in Pianoteq. And the 5 stems of the chamber string orchestra (Spitfire library) were imported in the Logic session for light audio processing and adding a general reverb in an attempt to glue everything together.
Hopefully more will come at some point.
Thank you Mike for the great music and opportunity to keep learning and growing. And special thank to the very talented @Luxthor who let me use one of his amazing pictures !
As usual, exclusively made on iPad. Hope some of you will enjoy.

Comments

• Logic can create a tempo map from a midi file that’s not following the BPM reference?!

This is really interesting. I have also tried to turn some @LinearLineman Cubase projects into Staffpad and given up on the tension between the midi import and some truly weird notation.

Can you share any pointers to the Logic workflow to do this?

• @JanKun @LinearLineman

What a beautiful piece.

The string arrangement is adorable.
    It supports the piano in just the right places.
    It's a pleasure to listen to.

Thank you for sharing.

• edited October 19

@McD said:
    Logic can create a tempo map from a midi file that’s not following the BPM reference?!

This is really interesting. I have also tried to turn some @LinearLineman Cubase projects into Staffpad and given up on the tension between the midi import and some truly weird notation.

Can you share any pointers to the Logic workflow to do this?

Hi McD! No it doesn't work from MIDI. The tempo analysis works only on audio files so First you need to bounce in place the midi performance. Then analyse the tempo for that track. Then you need to set the detected tempo of the track as the global project tempo. Then export a midi file. Then in Staffpad, add a tempo track and it will give you the choice to import the tempo from a midi file, so use the MIDI you exported from logic and Staffpad tempo track will be set. Then import the piano audio file. And you're ready to work on your orchestration. No weird notation. It worked almost flawlessly.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you need more details.

• Absolutely stunning!

• Very nice work boys.!

• This is so good. And no one will hear it but a handful of strange people on this tiny Internet backwater. We are privileged to be here for it, my friends.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    This is so good.

Yeah, it's wonderful.

And no one will hear it but a handful of strange people on this tiny Internet backwater.

Who you calling strange??
    Lololololol....
    I instantly heard "People are Strange" by the Doors.

We are privileged to be here for it, my friends.

Sometimes that's all that is needed,
    however someone listening maybe inspired to get it performed live.
    Yes, it may seem like an unsurmountable task however
    the score is already there it just needs printing out and rehearsed.
    The thing that's really cool about this piece is that it was
    all done on an iPad and it stands on it's own ground.
    Creativity combined with good craftsmanship always shows.

• A lovely duet. A really beautiful piano improvisation @LinearLineman. They way your piano tracks flow is amazing. And great job @JanKun, StaffPad is such a great app, especially in good hands :)

• Un grand bravo à vous deux.
    Les arrangements sont très musicaux.
    Bravo to you @JanKun and @LinearLineman .
    Flo

• What a treat for the ears. 🤩 Thank you, Michael and JanKun, for such sublime enjoyment. Bravo!

• The piano playing is very lyrical, and the string accompaniment makes for a perfect supporting act, creating some lovely additional dynamics to enhance the original performance. Wonderful job from both of you.

• @Gravitas said:
    @JanKun @LinearLineman

What a beautiful piece.

The string arrangement is adorable.
    It supports the piano in just the right places.
    It's a pleasure to listen to.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks a lot for listening and commenting! Glad you enjoyed!

• Lovely.

Beautifully played and wonderfully scored.

• Wow, @JanKun and @LinearLineman, glad I tuned in for this beautiful track

• Oh wow, a treat indeed! Let's see more colllabs from you two. Bloody brilliant!

• @Paulieworld said:
    Absolutely stunning!

Thanks a lot for listening !

• @JanKun said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Absolutely stunning!

It was my pleasure. Your arrangement skills are truly world class.

• What a journey! You both have created a new genre I think. Interesting how you used Logic for a tempo map. Amazing work, as always; hope you do more.

This is so good. And no one will hear it but a handful of strange people on this tiny Internet backwater. We are privileged to be here for it, my friends.

You're right! it's backwaters like this that evolve new ecosystems.

• @Paulieworld said:

@JanKun said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Absolutely stunning!

It was my pleasure. Your arrangement skills are truly world class.

Nice of you saying @Paulieworld , but the praises should go to @LinearLineman. His ability to improvise things like this on the fly is truly exceptional.

• McDMcD
    edited 1:03AM

EDITED: Beautiful results… still highlights the keyboard sound of the @LinearLineman but with a carefully rendered orchestral composition. Worth the effort finding that tempo track that holds everything together.

Congratulations on another stunning collaboration to join your “Metropolis” collaboration with @LinearLineman:

“AndWhen She Smiles” Collab:

“Monet’s Lunch” collab:

“BlueSky or Hurricanes” collab:

• @yellow_eyez said:
    Very nice work boys.!

Thank you. Much appreciated.

This is so good. And no one will hear it but a handful of strange people on this tiny Internet backwater. We are privileged to be here for it, my friends.

Thank you for the nice words! I am happy with the result (hope Mike is too). it seems a few people enjoyed to listen to it. It would be great if it had a chance to reach a wider audience, but I already made peace with the idea it most certainly won't 😉
    Thanks again, it means a lot!

• edited October 21

@unlink said:
    A lovely duet. A really beautiful piano improvisation @LinearLineman. They way your piano tracks flow is amazing. And great job @JanKun, StaffPad is such a great app, especially in good hands :)

It's indeed a great piano improvisation!
    Happy to have you on board of the Staffpad train, @unlink . I am sure @McD will be happy to know that too! ☺️

• wow, that's a great combo, impressive for sure, as the overall sound as well, work like this should surely find an audience out there, keep going guys

• @flo said:
    Un grand bravo à vous deux.
    Les arrangements sont très musicaux.
    Bravo to you @JanKun and @LinearLineman .
    Flo

Merci à toi pour l'écoute !

• @Luxthor said:
    What a treat for the ears. 🤩 Thank you, Michael and JanKun, for such sublime enjoyment. Bravo!

Thank you for the kind words and for the great picture !