Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• Mobile music- mobile setup

• This is the MMW mobile music workstation, various add ons to a rolling table, to roll up and rock out. Mostly on the couch, but super easy connection to main studio thru a BomeBox and midi over Ethernet yow!

• @tput73 said:

This is the MMW mobile music workstation, various add ons to a rolling table, to roll up and rock out. Mostly on the couch, but super easy connection to main studio thru a BomeBox and midi over Ethernet yow!

Nice to spy MTS score view there!

• @CapnWillie that is an Irig pro duo.
    I just straped it on to the mic stand but i’m working on a better solution.

• @Simon said:

@Stochastically said:
    Exterior / Interior

Tardis. Bigger on the inside...

ios music creation is definitely a kind of Tardis!

• @dendy said:
    my "studio" .. all i ever needed .. perfect setup, missing literally nothing.

I keep going back and forth between selling some gear to buy the A4, and not. But I love the idea haha.

• Also have anAS-1, Reface CS, Microfreak, and MC707, and a couple odds n ends and guitars, but they’re all still in their respective boxes (just moved 3-4 weeks ago). Will post an updated pic once they’re set up. That said, the OP-1 and iPad is where 75% of my music is done anyway.

• I used to have a proper “workstation” but now it’s anywhere around the house where I set up a mic and some acoustic panels. Working on a demo this week, a cover for my niece’s wedding. This is my the first time tracking on an iPad (Zenbeats) vs. a MacBook (Logic). I miss some of the editing / comping features but overall it’s been great.

• Havent used gear much since buying in 2019. Apart from ipads becoming bricks. What an amazing system. Will def be making music now. Koala with a launchpad. Should make real acomplished music with sampling being glue. Also. Never really used volca drum and modular. When plugged into system. Options overwhelming but would maybe be sad to sell. So. I just plugged into an extension. Now I can make samples laying on bed. So I dont always have to unplug an ipad for silly noodles. Which then gains a charge cycle. If you plug back into system with power. For something silly like 99 percent cpu.

• Only thing that might overlap. Is if the launchpad is good enough for keys and I generally just use sustained notes anyway. So the korg keyboard could be an mpe but doubt Id buy an mpe. Just saying. Plus it would need to be thin. Like a Haken or Mcmillian.

• IOS perfection. If we ever needed to promote an ipad system at say superbooth. It could be me going. Good luck Sigma. You got us on the ipad. Should you need to advice.

• Midi mapping is kind of theraputic. A true Modern Borg.

• Here’s mine, earbuds as I couldn’t find my equally cheap over ear headphones

• @sigma79 said:
    Midi mapping is kind of theraputic. A true Modern Borg.

So true... i'm trying to work out how to map my Korg Nanopad and Graphite M25 to iOS. :tongue:
    Awesome setup, btw :wink:

• @senhorlampada said:

@sigma79 said:
    Midi mapping is kind of theraputic. A true Modern Borg.

So true... i'm trying to work out how to map my Korg Nanopad and Graphite M25 to iOS. :tongue:
    Awesome setup, btw :wink:

Thanks. What do you need to map. Is it a nanopad2 and do you have a hub for controllers?

• That's the thing. Still not sure :lol:
    Too many apps to think about routing. And sometimes I get lost in the possibilities.
    As a starter, i'm thinking about mapping it like it would be a groovebox using GR-16, Pure Acid, Drambo and/or Beatmaker 3
    To make it like an Electribe maybe :dizzy:

Yep, I got a powered hub

• @raabje said:
    I don´t want to be a w*nker, but.... when you have an Ipad (touch screen), do you really use all this controllers together? I used to have a desk with synths, samplers, efx units, mixers, midi routers, patch bays, keyboards, wires, (all gone now, thank god....) and there was always something not working, just to startup, load patches, and troubleshoot, took too much time, and kills inspiration. I needed to read a lot of manuals too before I had a deeper understanding of the gear.

If I would go back into hardware synths, I think I would just store them on shelfs, unplugged, and the one that is needed for a session gets connected for the moment. To keep my desk as clean as possible.

But hey, I enjoy your pictures a lot. I am just wondering what I would do.

You're right. I've pared down everything I have to only iPad Pro and iMac for production. One USB-C cable connects the two and headphones go into the iMac. No other hardware. I've got multitrack recorders, synths, keyboards and more all sitting in storage and for the most part I don't miss any of those things.

• edited April 2022

@senhorlampada said:
    That's the thing. Still not sure :lol:
    Too many apps to think about routing. And sometimes I get lost in the possibilities.
    As a starter, i'm thinking about mapping it like it would be a groovebox using GR-16, Pure Acid, Drambo and/or Beatmaker 3
    To make it like an Electribe maybe :dizzy:

Yep, I got a powered hub

Cant really comment on apps. Iv been mapping a launchpad until now. Switched from midi ch and all same notes per channel. At the end before even testing. I decided to map to just a midi channel but octave + across custom modes and I havent even thought if it will work for the overall setup ( with I had worked out ) Just couldnt remember a reason. Noticed an error so all octave range were wrong. Then thought Koala after all that would just be better to use screen so you know what pad is recording but will keep launchpad mapped anyway. I said mapping is theraputic. Its the opposite. You know if your on some med or feeling all twitchy because of an additive in food. Plus my mouse pad is worn out. So whenever my pointer makes it to where it needs to be. It goes a bit further and being me. I convince myself that someone is playing a game. When launchpad is mapped. Other controllers might be theraputic.

With your mapping. Gr-16 might be good. Drambo same but with Drambo. You could probably just map parameters as you go as needed, rather than a groovebox ( but obviously still as a groovebox )

• @sigma79 said:
    Cant really comment on apps. Iv been mapping a launchpad until now. Switched from midi ch and all same notes per channel. At the end before even testing. I decided to map to just a midi channel but octave + across custom modes and I havent even thought if it will work for the overall setup ( with I had worked out ) Just couldnt remember a reason. Noticed an error so all octave range were wrong. Then thought Koala after all that would just be better to use screen so you know what pad is recording but will keep launchpad mapped anyway. I said mapping is theraputic. Its the opposite. You know if your on some med or feeling all twitchy because of an additive in food. Plus my mouse pad is worn out. So whenever my pointer makes it to where it needs to be. It goes a bit further and being me. I convince myself that someone is playing a game. When launchpad is mapped. Other controllers might be theraputic.

With your mapping. Gr-16 might be good. Drambo same but with Drambo. You could probably just map parameters as you go as needed, rather than a groovebox ( but obviously still as a groovebox )

Thanks for the feedback. Yep... sometimes mapping and routing stuff can be painful :lol:
    I thought the launchpad would be more straightforward. Recall watching a video by echoopera on the subject.

Hope you end up getting things working there the way you want.

I'll try to work out my current stuff, but I gotta admit I have been tempted in getting a Beatstep Pro and/or Launchpad. And maybe a Model: Cycles (for that awesome Elektron workflow). But I guess I can emulate some of the stuff on iOS with my control surfaces :tongue:

• Would you believe. I just found out koala dosent go to octave -2. I need to re-map all the octave numbers and launchpad goes to octave 8. So I lose a koala sampler.

• Oh shit
    That sucks
    I hate when we encounter these kind of issues

• edited April 2022

@senhorlampada said:
    Oh shit
    That sucks
    I hate when we encounter these kind of issues

Lol. Still mapping. I thought/think. Koala could be mapped via notes and given octave. So another Koala with same note. Same Midi ch but + octave wouldnt trigger other Koalas ( Drambo as a host )

Think I might need to give a midi ch per koala but cant think how to route another keyboard in Drambo. Where an app is placed before a Koala. That the note of other controller dosent also trigger the koalas because Drambo dosent have a matrix.

Its ok though because Launchpad dosent have LED feedback. So may as well just use koala screen to record. Just not getting great value from controller.

Its also not Drambo problem ( a matrix ) because app and processor are on same lane/same channel.

Would be cool if auv3 apps could choose different midi ch as an auv3 via settings. Especially like this sampler.

Unless I havent thought it through. Or the octave thing I wrote on same midi ch is a bug or its just best to use a dif midi ch, where possible.

Aum matrix I think is different lanes.

• Think I found issue anyway. With different midi ch per koala and different notes per pad. The midi which were from a launchpad mapping were still triggering any other drambo koala track. Just the same as same midi ch per koalas but different note. It only sorted when selecting Drambo midi ( always ) and not midi ( per track )

I think because even Drambo and auv3's. You have to map via Drambo. Where as Im sending midi to Koala and maybe Drambo no likey.

• Good that you're on the right path :wink:👍

• @senhorlampada said:
    Good that you're on the right path :wink:👍

Thanks senhorlampada. I guess my midi mapping inspired you mate

• edited April 2022

@senhorlampada said:
    Good that you're on the right path :wink:👍

My system bro. Cant really comment as all I do is create systems then forget, when I dont use ipad but needed a DAW system. My controllers are mapped for live noodles. Screen incorperated. Then its kind of like hardware but the controllers mapped as they are ( but with a few knob mappings as I go ) should also be cool for techniques needed to add before finished DAW tracks. Havent used cubasis since buying but got a Drambo, with there being a Koala sampler and an AUM, with a koala sampler. Then cubasis with abelton link.

Edit. I put a Koala on most bus channels ( but without midi ) Just launchpad midi to be directed as needed. Hoping Koala dont crash.

• A slightly more recent version of my music space. I acquired some electronic drums and a GEM S2 which have replaced the Yamaha DD55 and the Kawai K1ii. I’d have continued using the Kawai, but I’m out of room. All sound generators feed through Behringer mixer/interface into separate input channels in AUM so that I can record each channel separately.

• Awesome setups, @sigma79 and @TheOriginalPaulB
    I never post photos because I plug stuff up, and disconnect and put on shelves as necessary. Maybe whenever I move to a bigger place, I'll have something setup like y'all :lol:

Example from 2016 :tongue:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Awesome setups, @sigma79 and @TheOriginalPaulB
    I never post photos because I plug stuff up, and disconnect and put on shelves as necessary. Maybe whenever I move to a bigger place, I'll have something setup like y'all :lol:

Example from 2016 :tongue:

Nice sen.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    A slightly more recent version of my music space. I acquired some electronic drums and a GEM S2 which have replaced the Yamaha DD55 and the Kawai K1ii. I’d have continued using the Kawai, but I’m out of room. All sound generators feed through Behringer mixer/interface into separate input channels in AUM so that I can record each channel separately.

Oh, man. That’s a lot of equipment in one spot. Personally, I don’t think I’d be able to handle being surrounded by all that.

I have a friend who has been collecting synths and audio equipment for 40 years and has several rooms in a house literally jam packed (and a lot of it actually connected and still working) with synths and recording hardware. It’s mind boggling and impressive.

But I’m a minimalist. One iPad Pro, one iMac, no other keyboards or hardware except headphones and I am set.