Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Comments

• Logic Pro on a iPad Pro would be amazing. I dare say that would drive up M1 iPad sales quite a bit.

• I'll definitely buy a new Pro if Logic appears on it.

• Lucky thing I have my M1. I'd love to give Logic a spin.

• We’ve been talking about this for literally years…But I really think this is the first concrete sign that it’s coming…I say we have it in two to three years if not less.

• edited May 2023

No.

There will be NEVER EVER Logic pro for iOS until Macbooks will be in existence. Accept it.

• Touch screen/Apple Pencil enabled Logic would be great! Using Alchemy with a 🖊️ would be sweet too! 🌈

• @dendy said:
    No.

There will be NEVER EVER Logic pro for iOS until Macbooks will be in existence. Accept it.

I dunno mate, I've heard a rumour about a high-end brand entering the iOS music scene.

• This is the definition of clickbait.

• @Simon said:

@gusgranite said:
    This is the definition of clickbait.

If I only had the logic. Follow the yellow brick road….

• @FastGhost said:
    I dunno mate, I've heard a rumour about a high-end brand entering the iOS music scene.

:)

• I’d just like to be able to open an AUv3 on an external display…is that really asking too much? 😭

• edited May 2023

@dendy said:
    No.

I would have to agree with that in a big way.

They will probably make a Logic Lite like Cubasis is to Cubase or Logic “Notepad” (like Ableton Live and Note) but I don’t see apple having cross platform universal DAW until they phase out MacBooks (and that could happen too, but not anytime soon).

Fun link to a rumor though!

(Edit - thought a rumor was same term until corrected)

• I'm sticking with my realization of a couple months ago. I don't really care about feature-complete Logic Pro for iPadOS. What I want is just a moderately more full-featured GarageBand, or a just-plain "Logic" if you like. Give me some audio and MIDI routing capability, MIDI plugins, a damn mixer, and more of the built-in Logic plugins (including vintage synth and alchemy with their full UI), and I'll be happy.

Not that I'd say no to full-on, feature-complete Logic Pro on iOS. But I suspect I'd still do an iPad->Mac workflow. At least until Arturia ports their plug-ins to AUv3 and makes them available on iOS, and I'm definitely not holding my breath there, LOL. (But wow, can you imagine MiniFreak V running on iPad? 🥹)

• abfabf
    edited May 2023

I can't imagine how a port of Logic would work on iPad. I've got Logic open on my Macbook right now and I'm trying to visualize a touch version. It would have to be an extremely cut down version and so much of the UI would need a complete rethink.

Considering how many of the built-in Logic effects and instruments have never ever had a makeover, the idea that Apple is now going to make them over for iPad seems unlikely. Unless it is a complete port, with support for projects seamlessly transitioning between iPad and laptop/desktop, I don't think I'd bother with it. It's a very complex app, it would be an overwhelming project, and not very profitable for Apple considering the intense amount of work and the small amount of possible Logic on iPad users.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

• @mjm1138 said:
    I'm sticking with my realization of a couple months ago. I don't really care about feature-complete Logic Pro for iPadOS. What I want is just a moderately more full-featured GarageBand, or a just-plain "Logic" if you like. Give me some audio and MIDI routing capability, MIDI plugins, a damn mixer, and more of the built-in Logic plugins (including vintage synth and alchemy with their full UI), and I'll be happy.

Not that I'd say no to full-on, feature-complete Logic Pro on iOS. But I suspect I'd still do an iPad->Mac workflow. At least until Arturia ports their plug-ins to AUv3 and makes them available on iOS, and I'm definitely not holding my breath there, LOL. (But wow, can you imagine MiniFreak V running on iPad? 🥹)

I’m in the exact same camp. Would like to see more “pro” features in GB on iPad, especially with an eye on moving projects (including third party plugin settings) to macOS for final. And for those who final on iPad (and iPhone, I suppose), build in better mixing and mastering options.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

meh. If it happens, it happens. I don't give a shit about speculating when or if.
    OK I'll go away now. Y'all have fun. 😎

• That record may or may not be broken. ;)

• @NeuM said:

@mjm1138 said:
    I'm sticking with my realization of a couple months ago. I don't really care about feature-complete Logic Pro for iPadOS. What I want is just a moderately more full-featured GarageBand, or a just-plain "Logic" if you like. Give me some audio and MIDI routing capability, MIDI plugins, a damn mixer, and more of the built-in Logic plugins (including vintage synth and alchemy with their full UI), and I'll be happy.

I’m in the exact same camp. Would like to see more “pro” features in GB on iPad, especially with an eye on moving projects (including third party plugin settings) to macOS for final. And for those who final on iPad (and iPhone, I suppose), build in better mixing and mastering options.

GB iOS in itself is pretty good so I think the same, add more feature routing, mixers , master and busses on GB will be a great improvement without need to export to Logic. For my use 32 tracks is ok don’t need more. A full Alchemy should be wonderful. No need to design a totally new GUI GB is perfect for IPad.

A big update for a more featured GB to do all in a box is all what we need actually.

• edited May 2023

Since we are kickin' bleedin' demised equines I will once again say that if they put the headphone jack back I would consider all manner of exciting iOS/Logic related futures for iOS, but they won't, so I won't.

• I really don't get why this matters any more. Get an M1 machine, install Logic, use many AUs already ported to work there.

There is no need to have Logic on an iPad, where we already so many touch optimized apps. Full DAWs need a mouse and a keyboard. Logic on a touch screen will never equate Logic on a computer. It's frankly not even worth it.

• @AudioGus said:
    Since we are kickin' bleedin' demised equines I will once again say that if they put the headphone jack back I would consider all manner of exciting iOS/Logic related futures for iOS, but they won't, so I won't.

Yes, another point of needless irritation caused by Apple. I know they did it to sell headphones, but I hated the change and have still refused to buy a new iPad Pro because of it.

• @NeuM said:

@AudioGus said:

Yes, another point of needless irritation caused by Apple. I know they did it to sell headphones, but I hated the change and have still refused to buy a new iPad Pro because of it.

To sale pricey bad BT headphones like Beats ones ( Beats was bought by Apple years ago so this is Apple product line) .

• Great article about predictions for 2024 :lol:
    And a guy called Analyst384 as a source of those revelations.

Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy :wink:

• @auxmux said:
    I really don't get why this matters any more. Get an M1 machine, install Logic, use many AUs already ported to work there.

There is no need to have Logic on an iPad, where we already so many touch optimized apps. Full DAWs need a mouse and a keyboard. Logic on a touch screen will never equate Logic on a computer. It's frankly not even worth it.

In my mind, the primary benefit of having "pro" apps on the iPad would be to entice more "pro" app makers to the platform (like my example above, I'd really love to see Arturia return to iOS in a big way but don't see it happening in the current ecosystem). Of course, for that to really happen I think Apple would have to move a bit on allowing e.g. 3rd party payment processing without the bit 30% cut and pave the way for something like Arturia Software Center on iOS. Or at least establish clear and reasonable standards around that.

On the other side of the coin, there are some significant AUs that have not made it to MacOS and some prominent developers (notably Bram Bos) have indicated they're not really interested in supporting MacOS. There are some great plugins that you just can't get on a desktop platform right now, or that don't work reliably on MacOS. With a bit of a more full-featured GB (or non-pro "Logic" if you like) on iPad, there'd at least be a reasonable path to develop ideas with some of those plugins, record midi into the timeline (or bounce audio tracks, depending) and then move them into a desktop Logic project to take advantage of some of the toys we get on MacOS that aren't on iOS. Some of that is already possible, but some of it requires very convoluted export/import processes right now.

• @israelite said:
    Great article about predictions for 2024 :lol:
    And a guy called Analyst384 as a source of those revelations.

Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy :wink:

🤣

• Its been literally days since we had a wild speculation thread... I'm going to listen to some Creations instead!