Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

NOT clickbait : Could iOS 17 finally bring logic to iPad ?

13»

Comments

• We can live without Logic as a Daw in IPad. We are still alive…

and Cubasis 3.5 now is nearly a pro Daw from a professional company with a strong dev team ( Cubase) and it is now very stable. Other Daw can’t compete with Cubasis 3.5 and I have tested all possible Daw. I keep NS2 but no audio and not so upgrade.

A Daw is not like a plugin , you need to be sure that it will be upgraded and bug fixed very quickly so it is not a one man dev product it must be backed by a larger company having a strong desktop market and a top dev team.

AUM and Drambo are not Daws some are confused about that.

• @mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I still stand by what I said. I'd love to give Logic a spin. That doesn't mean I suddenly abandon the tools that still work for me.

If Logic ever does make it to iPad, it'll most likely be some subscription price. In some ways I hope it is subscription price so that I can try it out for a month to see if it's a good fit for me.

Apple has never, to my knowledge, done subscription-based software. I’m skeptical that Logic on iPad is where they’d try it. The target market is both a bit niche, and notoriously hostile to subscription-only software (look at the Waves debacle). They sell Logic Pro on Mac at an absurdly low price for what it is. If it does come to iPad my guess is that it will cost less than $100, or perhaps will just be cross-platform (if you have desktop Logic you get iOS Logic for free and vice-versa). A loss-leader to sell high-end iPads and iCloud subscriptions.

Well that comment didn't age well :smile: You had it right @jwmmakerofmusic

• How we laughed

• @mjm1138 said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I still stand by what I said. I'd love to give Logic a spin. That doesn't mean I suddenly abandon the tools that still work for me.

If Logic ever does make it to iPad, it'll most likely be some subscription price. In some ways I hope it is subscription price so that I can try it out for a month to see if it's a good fit for me.

Apple has never, to my knowledge, done subscription-based software. I’m skeptical that Logic on iPad is where they’d try it. The target market is both a bit niche, and notoriously hostile to subscription-only software (look at the Waves debacle). They sell Logic Pro on Mac at an absurdly low price for what it is. If it does come to iPad my guess is that it will cost less than $100, or perhaps will just be cross-platform (if you have desktop Logic you get iOS Logic for free and vice-versa). A loss-leader to sell high-end iPads and iCloud subscriptions.

Ha! A lot of people are eating crow today.

• @mjm1138 said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Lol. Cheers mate. I'm glad Logic iPad is subscription so if I don't gel with it no harm no foul. But even better is the first month is free for new subscribers so I can test the waters. I'll still use the tools that work for me, or at least the AUv3s that work for me like PSP2, Module Pro, Beathawk, etc. 🤣

• Ewww, iOS DAW manufacturers really will have to put on warm clothing now! (German idiom liberally translated to English). The last time I did music on desktop was in 2013, still with the last Logic version for Windows (5.5.1), and even that was miles ahead of anything else back then.

• Ha ha it’s all good .. Tee hee!

• @NeuM said:

I didn't think Apple would do it. Up until yesterday I was right. :smiley:

• @Simon said:

@NeuM said:

I was thinking it will do it but in some years and only to sell more powerful IPads nobody could imagine it was so quick and on subscription, Apple is very secret company that love to surprise

• @BerlinFx said:

@Simon said:

@NeuM said:

I was thinking it will do it but in some years and only to sell more powerful IPads nobody could imagine it was so quick and on subscription, Apple is very secret company that love to surprise

Or the BigApple AI bot scrapes this forum for R&D recommendations. :D