Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

NOT clickbait : Could iOS 17 finally bring logic to iPad ?

Comments

• Only 1 - 2 years away….

• @NeuM said:

Not clickbait, but also not factual. This is a story based on a rumor.

😂 Lol, good one

• Honestly, I’m fine with 90% of what my iPad can do now but I certainly wouldn’t complain about logic on iOS. As others mentioned, I think it will be a bit cut down. Logic lite for $50 and a discount for full logic on desktop/MacBook or something. Though the article claims Final Cut Pro is a 1:1 copy. So who knows?

I’d be happy just to be able to use AU midi in GarageBand lol. Speaking of, maybe GB Pro is more likely.

• …> @HotStrange said:

Honestly, I’m fine with 90% of what my iPad can do now but I certainly wouldn’t complain about logic on iOS. As others mentioned, I think it will be a bit cut down. Logic lite for $50 and a discount for full logic on desktop/MacBook or something. Though the article claims Final Cut Pro is a 1:1 copy. So who knows?

I’d be happy just to be able to use AU midi in GarageBand lol. Speaking of, maybe GB Pro is more likely.

What is it called when a band 'graduates' from being in a garage band to working in clubs? Maybe Apple will call the next step up from GarageBand... "WorkingBand"? "NextBand"? Maybe... "HouseBand"? :D

• I still stand by what I said. I'd love to give Logic a spin. That doesn't mean I suddenly abandon the tools that still work for me.

If Logic ever does make it to iPad, it'll most likely be some subscription price. In some ways I hope it is subscription price so that I can try it out for a month to see if it's a good fit for me.

• @NeuM said:
    …> @HotStrange said:

Honestly, I’m fine with 90% of what my iPad can do now but I certainly wouldn’t complain about logic on iOS. As others mentioned, I think it will be a bit cut down. Logic lite for $50 and a discount for full logic on desktop/MacBook or something. Though the article claims Final Cut Pro is a 1:1 copy. So who knows?

What is it called when a band 'graduates' from being in a garage band to working in clubs? Maybe Apple will call the next step up from GarageBand... "WorkingBand"? "NextBand"? Maybe... "HouseBand"? :D

😂 Now introducing “local club scene band” iOS. Tbh though, if they did that, it would become my go-to DAW because of all the other features it offers as far as loops, real instruments, the auto-drummer, etc.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I still stand by what I said. I'd love to give Logic a spin. That doesn't mean I suddenly abandon the tools that still work for me.

If Logic ever does make it to iPad, it'll most likely be some subscription price. In some ways I hope it is subscription price so that I can try it out for a month to see if it's a good fit for me.

Oh yeah I’d definitely give iOS Logic a whirl. I’ve used it on MacBook a bit back in the day and my best friend uses it all the time. It’s very powerful and great at what it does.

• "Not clickbait" + "could" does not compute in my little head.

• It’s not clickbait because a 14’ iPad Pro coupled with what’s coming in iOS 17 could spell a perfect storm for Logic Pro or even “Garagband Pro”. As it stands now what with Audioscope , GB is a formidable DAW as is .. If only we could mix time signatures now though .

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I still stand by what I said. I'd love to give Logic a spin. That doesn't mean I suddenly abandon the tools that still work for me.

Apple has never, to my knowledge, done subscription-based software. I’m skeptical that Logic on iPad is where they’d try it. The target market is both a bit niche, and notoriously hostile to subscription-only software (look at the Waves debacle). They sell Logic Pro on Mac at an absurdly low price for what it is. If it does come to iPad my guess is that it will cost less than $100, or perhaps will just be cross-platform (if you have desktop Logic you get iOS Logic for free and vice-versa). A loss-leader to sell high-end iPads and iCloud subscriptions.

• I wonder if they’d bring MainStage over to iOS as well. I bet that’d do surprisingly well.

• @mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Apple has never, to my knowledge, done subscription-based software. I’m skeptical that Logic on iPad is where they’d try it. The target market is both a bit niche, and notoriously hostile to subscription-only software (look at the Waves debacle). They sell Logic Pro on Mac at an absurdly low price for what it is. If it does come to iPad my guess is that it will cost less than $100, or perhaps will just be cross-platform (if you have desktop Logic you get iOS Logic for free and vice-versa). A loss-leader to sell high-end iPads and iCloud subscriptions.

Well that's a good point actually. I'm willing to buy Logic at $100 if I can demo it first and see where I can fit it into my workflow.

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Oh yeah I’d definitely give iOS Logic a whirl. I’ve used it on MacBook a bit back in the day and my best friend uses it all the time. It’s very powerful and great at what it does.

I know that Sascha Lappessen of the group Sash! uses Logic (or at least used to), and he created my favourite EDM album "S4! Sash!" on it with Komplete (whatever edition was available in 2000/2001).

• edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@AudioGus said:
    Since we are kickin' bleedin' demised equines I will once again say that if they put the headphone jack back I would consider all manner of exciting iOS/Logic related futures for iOS, but they won't, so I won't.

Yes, another point of needless irritation caused by Apple. I know they did it to sell headphones, but I hated the change and have still refused to buy a new iPad Pro because of it.

To sale pricey bad BT headphones like Beats ones ( Beats was bought by Apple years ago so this is Apple product line) .

I would understand the point about headphones sales with iPhone users, but iPad?
    The lack of headphones port has only saved me from buying another iPad so far, and even though some of them are more expensive than a Macbook, that somehow also keeps the latest iPads in the "non-professional" category - not only in regards to Logic Pro on iOS which would require a massive overhaul to be touchable.

• edited May 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Well that's a good point actually. I'm willing to buy Logic at $100 if I can demo it first and see where I can fit it into my workflow.

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I know that Sascha Lappessen of the group Sash! uses Logic (or at least used to), and he created my favourite EDM album "S4! Sash!" on it with Komplete (whatever edition was available in 2000/2001).

I’ll have to check it out! I know a decent amount of indie bands use or have used it. Imo, it’s far more capable than it’s made out to be and depending on what you want, can compete with the big dogs. The update from a year or 2 ago was massive. I’m just honestly not very interested in moving to desktop or laptop. If anything maybe a surface pro for a few free VSTs but that’s as far as I see myself going.

• @rs2000 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@AudioGus said:
    Since we are kickin' bleedin' demised equines I will once again say that if they put the headphone jack back I would consider all manner of exciting iOS/Logic related futures for iOS, but they won't, so I won't.

Yes, another point of needless irritation caused by Apple. I know they did it to sell headphones, but I hated the change and have still refused to buy a new iPad Pro because of it.

To sale pricey bad BT headphones like Beats ones ( Beats was bought by Apple years ago so this is Apple product line) .

I would understand the point about headphones sales with iPhone users, but iPad?
    The lack of headphones port has only saved me from buying another iPad so far, and even though some of them are more expensive than a Macbook, that somehow also keeps the latest iPads in the "non-professional" category - not only in regards to Logic Pro on iOS which would require a massive overhaul to be touchable.

The lack of headphones port and other ports in a pro pricey mobile IPad Pro don’t do it a pro devices for musician, of course you can had hubs but it isn’t so mobile. Before talking port of Destop pro software to IPad I can’t see any point for a pro or even a non pro user if Apple don’t release a new pro IPad with more ports including Headphones, certainly larger screen and a new OS optimize for M1 , M2 .

For a pro the only request above all is to have all he needs on a IPad that mean Ports, stability of OS and software and Plug ins , a pro can’t affor to loose it work or to have a crash during a concert in front of 20 000 people. So all the pro rely on MacBook , even 2 MacBooks for pro work not on wiped for client or serious Paid job.

The Title should be : when Apple will release a true pro IPad for serious music tasks that mean with stability, more ports , larger screen.

What I need is a MacBook Air M1 Mac OS with a touch screen , only the screen and all the ports but no keyboard, no mouse not the actual newest IPad Pro witch is no pro at all and cost more than a MacBook Air . Call it IPad new generation and no needs to ask for Logic Pro you will have it even for free.

Never forget Apple is an electronic hardware company. And as many of you spent over 1000 usd in apps over years , it will be not more expensive to have a full featured Logic Pro , a top VST synth and a wonderful sound bank.

• @BerlinFx said:

@rs2000 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@AudioGus said:

The lack of headphones port and other ports in a pro pricey mobile IPad Pro don’t do it a pro devices for musician, of course you can had hubs but it isn’t so mobile. Before talking port of Destop pro software to IPad I can’t see any point for a pro or even a non pro user if Apple don’t release a new pro IPad with more ports including Headphones, certainly larger screen and a new OS optimize for M1 , M2 .

For a pro the only request above all is to have all he needs on a IPad that mean Ports, stability of OS and software and Plug ins , a pro can’t affor to loose it work or to have a crash during a concert in front of 20 000 people. So all the pro rely on MacBook , even 2 MacBooks for pro work not on wiped for client or serious Paid job.

The Title should be : when Apple will release a true pro IPad for serious music tasks that mean with stability, more ports , larger screen.

What I need is a MacBook Air M1 Mac OS with a touch screen , only the screen and all the ports but no keyboard, no mouse not the actual newest IPad Pro witch is no pro at all and cost more than a MacBook Air . Call it IPad new generation and no needs to ask for Logic Pro you will have it even for free.

Never forget Apple is an electronic hardware company. And as many of you spent over 1000 usd in apps over years , it will be not more expensive to have a full featured Logic Pro , a top VST synth and a wonderful sound bank.

Absolutely correct, including the limited use of those ports allowing more than one audio interface.

• @BerlinFx said:

@rs2000 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@AudioGus said:

Sounds like you've never taken the chance to try and operate apps designed for being used with keyboard, mouse and touchpad just with your fingers. It can be a very frustrating experience to the point that you don't want to use the ones not optimized for touch operation. Logic Pro would be no exception.
    I had to learn that when moving from Windows laptop to Windows tablet. Ended up using the virtual touchpad much more than I hoped to, which somewhat defeats the idea.

True.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Lucky thing I have my M1. I'd love to give Logic a spin.

They could do it only for M2 and above - trust me. They can do it :disappointed:

@gusgranite said:
    This is the definition of clickbait.

yeah

• Definitely clickbait

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I’ll have to check it out! I know a decent amount of indie bands use or have used it. Imo, it’s far more capable than it’s made out to be and depending on what you want, can compete with the big dogs. The update from a year or 2 ago was massive. I’m just honestly not very interested in moving to desktop or laptop. If anything maybe a surface pro for a few free VSTs but that’s as far as I see myself going.

I'm not interested in moving to laptop/desktop or using Windows at all. 😂 If Logic Pro comes to iPad in 2 years, great. If not, ah well. I love what I use now. :)

• So it is clickbait? Gee willies, I get confused on here.

this hypothetical would require an iPad Pro in 2025, so that means it would require an M4 processor. No one has the hardware for what this proposes, so that should settle anyone’s horses right away.

Another thing in my opinion, the best and most likely would a GB Pro. Whoever said that GB Pro with serious mixing and other deeper features for GB would all that’s needed. GB is pretty darn tootin’ good, and the only reason it isn’t Logic, is because it doesn’t have those deep features, but from what I used to say Logic is “GarageBand Pro,” so a GB Pro would probably be a likely scenario for iOS 17 based on what I’ve seen since getting my own apple hardware.

I admit I have spent only $100 USD on apps/Auv3/DAW, and that is like pennies compared to many/most of you, but I only started playing recently on my iPad for music after years of using a laptop. My laptop was less powerful theoretically than my iPad so i said let me give it a shot, and I am pleasantly surprised with Cubasis 3 you can basically do anything you can on a professional desktop DAW to get a top tier track produced, especially with the amount of AUv3 available now, Cubasis 3 + M1 iPad Pro or Air = completely blissful seamless tracks imo.

So i agree with many of you, i can go either way, if so awesome, if not oh so what? We have awesome stuff already available. Speaking of which should i get the waves eq bundle for $10 on sale for cubasis 3? It looks like it makes mixing so much easier.

• Not this again.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I'm not interested in moving to laptop/desktop or using Windows at all. 😂 If Logic Pro comes to iPad in 2 years, great. If not, ah well. I love what I use now. :)

Couldn’t agree more. The iPad inspires me more than any music hardware I’ve ever had, and using said music hardware with my iPad is more fun than using it with a computer. I’m all in on iOS whether that means Logic or not. For the kind of music I make (and I assume you as well) it’s not a necessity.

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Couldn’t agree more. The iPad inspires me more than any music hardware I’ve ever had, and using said music hardware with my iPad is more fun than using it with a computer. I’m all in on iOS whether that means Logic or not. For the kind of music I make (and I assume you as well) it’s not a necessity.

Exactly! Logic is not a necessity. I love the thrill of live producing Ambient in AUM and also in Koala. I love producing Lofi in FL Studio Mobile and NS2. I love producing any genre in Gadget 2. And even though NS2 and Gadget 2 won't get feature updates, just maintenance updates, I'm pretty damn satisfied with what I do have. (Of course I still occasionally get GAS for apps, but only if they appeal to me. Such as Hilda. Such as Buttersynth. Such as Noises.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Exactly! Logic is not a necessity. I love the thrill of live producing Ambient in AUM and also in Koala. I love producing Lofi in FL Studio Mobile and NS2. I love producing any genre in Gadget 2. And even though NS2 and Gadget 2 won't get feature updates, just maintenance updates, I'm pretty damn satisfied with what I do have. (Of course I still occasionally get GAS for apps, but only if they appeal to me. Such as Hilda. Such as Buttersynth. Such as Noises.)

Noises and Hilda are definite instabuys for me. Been waiting on Noises to come since their first port.

But I agree. The main draw of the iPad - for me - is the insane number of workflows you have available to create your music with. I mostly live in AUM but it’s nice having a modular approach to get to the final product rather than feeling trapped in a DAW bc you paid $800 for it lol

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Noises and Hilda are definite instabuys for me. Been waiting on Noises to come since their first port.

But I agree. The main draw of the iPad - for me - is the insane number of workflows you have available to create your music with. I mostly live in AUM but it’s nice having a modular approach to get to the final product rather than feeling trapped in a DAW bc you paid $800 for it lol

Exactly mate! Well, FL Studio Proper isn't a bad environment to be "trapped in", but man. What I can do with an iPad far exceeds what I could ever do with a Windows machine. 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mjm1138 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Exactly mate! Well, FL Studio Proper isn't a bad environment to be "trapped in", but man. What I can do with an iPad far exceeds what I could ever do with a Windows machine. 😂

Right there with ya my friend 🤝

• @pepebaõ said:
    Nice !

BUT what about Logic without Soundtoys, Valhlalla, Goodhertz, U-he, Spectrasonics, Waves and so much more ?

Many things will have to change before Logic is released. iPadOS restrictions, bigger screen, alternative store.. ?

Otherwise I still don't see the point of bringing Logic to the iPad when a slightly heavier Macbook Air already does it perfectly.

Plus this is like cannibalizing the iPad, there would be only one difference between a Macbook and an iPad: the touch screen.

My pinky tells me that Apple won't be abandoning the cashmachine AppStore anytime soon 🤔

There are already quite a few developers who offer their software on both macOS and iOS through the App Stores.

• edited May 2023

Speaking of IOS DAWS, N-Track studio is like the Studio One of iOS… It’s truly a must try.