Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• edited July 2023

• edited July 2023

• edited July 2023

• edited July 2023

• Bump for insanity.

• edited July 2023

• @cuscolima said:
    I have a new friend...

How are you liking it so far?

I have had mine two weeks, amazing sound for the price.

• @abf said:
    There are some really beautiful creative spaces in this thread.
    I had given up on seriously making music on the iPad, I was just using it for effects and using a few apps as sound modules. But I got the TX-6 and it's an excellent interface for the iPad, I'm re-energized. Hanging out in the sunny music room trying some new apps I got based on all your suggestions and having fun.

I miss my OP-1/iPad combo so much. I’m saving up for the Field now and I can’t wait to get it. How are you using the TX in this setup? Routing audio?

• @BroCoast said:

@cuscolima said:
    I have a new friend...

How are you liking it so far?

I have had mine two weeks, amazing sound for the price.

This is my first HW synth so I cannot make any comparison with other more expensive tools. IMO this is an amazing piece of hardware for the price. The quality of the build is great and I think it will last long as a home office synth. It sounds great too. I can only compare with software synth but I really like what I am able to do with the Behringer. I have only scratched the surface for the moment. I find the use of the numerical pads quite complex and I am trying to find a “2 pagers” that explain all the parameters and different setting you can do. This is clearly a bad point for it but I can live ok with this.

I am waiting for the extension “ears” that will let me properly install the pro-800 in my 19” rack

• My latest set up. Very pleased with it.

• My latest set up. Very pleased with it.

• My latest setup:

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

Love the piano with 107 keys ;o)

• @cuscolima said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

One-of-a-kind! No one else has one like it!

• @cuscolima said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

And the oddly L-shaped rug. Very cool.

• @HotStrange said:

@abf said:
    I had given up on seriously making music on the iPad, I was just using it for effects and using a few apps as sound modules. But I got the TX-6 and it's an excellent interface for the iPad, I'm re-energized. Hanging out in the sunny music room trying some new apps I got based on all your suggestions and having fun.

I miss my OP-1/iPad combo so much. I’m saving up for the Field now and I can’t wait to get it. How are you using the TX in this setup? Routing audio?

I apologize, I didn't see your post earlier. I am routing audio through the TX-6, using the little Fender Micro thing to plug in the guitar, my partner has an Ampeg pedal for bass into another input, we play along with the drums and sequences coming from the OP-1f. We record a bunch of stuff into the OP-1f or AUM or the laptop and then I leave it for months and eventually get around to cobbling it together into something like a song.

I really like the OP-1f, I'm nuts about it. The TX-6 is a lot of fun and sounds stellar, but the OP-1f knocks me out.

• Ipad Pro, high quality flat response headphones, rubber tipped stylus, comfy chair, ice cold beverage (not pictured), shaded patio overlooking large green, freshly mowed lawn with perfect diamond crosshatch pattern. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

• I love the difference between the @johnfromberkeley and @Paulieworld setups and yet were all basically trying to do the same thing 🤔

• @GeoTony said:
    I love the difference between the @johnfromberkeley and @Paulieworld setups and yet were all basically trying to do the same thing 🤔

I love being mobile! A few years ago I wrote a song called Riverboat Twilight while sitting on the top deck of a Mississippi riverboat. I recently did a track called Showdown At Starved Rock while sitting in St. Louis Canyon at Starved Rock State Park. I love this stuff!

• edited August 2023

L> @GeoTony said:

I love the difference between the @johnfromberkeley and @Paulieworld setups and yet were all basically trying to do the same thing 🤔

You can’t compare the two. Clearly @johnfromberkeley is the real thing. @Paulieworld got a AI chair and patio.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

The good ol' DeepAI-Studios ;-)

• Got me, I was squinting at it without my glasses in the car 😂

• Quick update.

Here's my humble rig reorganised for performing.

• @Paulieworld said:

@GeoTony said:

I love being mobile! A few years ago I wrote a song called Riverboat Twilight while sitting on the top deck of a Mississippi riverboat. I recently did a track called Showdown At Starved Rock while sitting in St. Louis Canyon at Starved Rock State Park. I love this stuff!

I am with you, actually I have packed my iPad around to the most remote locations to just chill and make music.

• @Gravitas said:
    Quick update.

Sry @Gravitas, first what I did with your photo was to pixel peep Drambo screenshot, to see if there is anything new in beta. ;) Only thing I discovered is the larger track selectors. Other than that, your studio is a magical place, inviting you to create something. 🤩

• edited August 2023

volcano adjacent

• @Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:
    Quick update.

Sry @Gravitas, first what I did with your photo was to pixel peep Drambo screenshot, to see if there is anything new in beta. ;) Only thing I discovered is the larger track selectors. Other than that, your studio is a magical place, inviting you to create something. 🤩

There is new stuff in Beta however you going to have to wait. ;)

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed it to feel like.
    It is a magical place. 🤩

• @abf said:

@HotStrange said:

@abf said:

I apologize, I didn't see your post earlier. I am routing audio through the TX-6, using the little Fender Micro thing to plug in the guitar, my partner has an Ampeg pedal for bass into another input, we play along with the drums and sequences coming from the OP-1f. We record a bunch of stuff into the OP-1f or AUM or the laptop and then I leave it for months and eventually get around to cobbling it together into something like a song.

I really like the OP-1f, I'm nuts about it. The TX-6 is a lot of fun and sounds stellar, but the OP-1f knocks me out.

No prob, thanks for the reply! I absolutely adored my OG OP-1 and miss it dearly. It’s probably the one synth I’ve sold that I deeply deeply regret. I’m saving for the Field now but with money how it is, it’ll likely be 6 months or so before I can spring for it.

• I never had the OG OP-1, but I can say saving for the field is a good idea, it will be worth the sacrifices.