Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• edited August 2023

@johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

Behringer quality.

@sigma79 said:

The sidechaining of drum ipad to synth ipad. I sidechained via usb so it were partially outputting to synth ipad and the main sound were going through sends and then output to a bus effects and glue on synth ipad. Seemed ok.

However. I think it might be that drums were better when I set up last. Without this output and bass were on drum ipad.

Its not that I want to sidechain everything

but thought. I can send 8 mono drums. A sub bass and bass synth via usb ( if set to mono outputs )

Id lose aum and it would always have to be the exact amount of drums and bass.

I could try make the 3rd ipad midi.

For monoke and thermo as this ipad is overspecced for sampling.

It means losing some drum tracks but my drums are a kit per track.

Its just I had an amen sampler also but could trigger elsewhere.

• Id have to make some extra sends on reciever ipad. As both sends are for drums.

• edited August 2023

Not a studio, but... This is it.
    The iPad [AUM w/ various plugins] gets busy as my insane virtual multitrack mixer/recorder for the MPC and modular, with sends and returns to/from HW via ES9.

• edited August 2023

It’s been getting pretty messy lately. I’ve been super busy. Here’s some shots of what it started as and the recent adds. I need to take a minute and reorganize but it’s been pumping out music daily. So that’s good.

Recently found a mint MP7 Command Station. I love this thing. Classic 90’s E-MU sounds in a box and way more. Good fun .

• edited August 2023

Sorry for so many photos. Tried to delete to no avail.

• edited August 2023

My post to John lol.

May have sorted all sidechaining across devices as described.

Whats different to my setup?

8 Drum tracks instead of any amount but mono. So no need to make mono.

All sidechaining for everything because of mono drums to other ipad.

A koala on kick apps sequence. To add an additional sequenced scratch drum kick.

2 x bleass voices on drum ipad both with the 12 multiouts.and can sidechain drums audio on other ipad.

Which are a bleass for normal voice and a bleass for scratch samples with sequenced harmonics.

Still got a aum stereo out from ipad to ipad via usb.

3rd ipad ( a sample sequencer ) Can also sidechain as it outputs.

Hope it works and I dont re-post as a failure.

• Just 8 drum tracks though but each track can sequence a drum kit

and the automation of drum sends. If automated. Will be on another ipad. Instead of where the drum apps are.

• @DatGood said:

Not a studio, but... This is it.
    The iPad [AUM w/ various plugins] gets busy as my insane virtual multitrack mixer/recorder for the MPC and modular, with sends and returns to/from HW via ES9.

Love it!

• @Morgman73 said:

Recently found a mint MP7 Command Station. I love this thing. Classic 90’s E-MU sounds in a box and way more. Good fun .

Maybe this will give you some new ideas for your napping new box:

https://tarekith.com/assets/CommandStationFAQv203.htm

• @Tarekith said:

@Morgman73 said:

Maybe this will give you some new ideas for your napping new box:

https://tarekith.com/assets/CommandStationFAQv203.htm

By the way, the first external link on your web page (http://www.emu.com/products/xl7/downloads.html) is invalid. Just letting you know.

• @Morgman73 said:
    It’s been getting pretty messy lately. I’ve been super busy. Here’s some shots of what it started as and the recent adds. I need to take a minute and reorganize but it’s been pumping out music daily. So that’s good. ![]

((https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/ms/nvon2uekj4f5.jpeg "")

Kawai R50! ❤️

Loved mine back in the 80's... the industrial sound of Wax Trax records.

Remember buying an additional sound chip to convert it into the R50E (electronic kit) for £80!

A whole 16 new drum sounds for what must be about £€$200 when adjusted for inflation.

• Need to gain a stereo sampler for my 8 drum tracks.

The 2 x stereo outputs are for bleass voices ( Drambo to Drambo ) I doubt I will even sing but good to have a template.

And an aum of some synths. An aum to a Drambo.

Thinking to gain the output.

Send a sampler from the drambo to drambo.

But also the aum on the same audio channel.

Turn down the sampler reciever channel and maybe adjust the output.

It will be temporarily on the Drambo aum input. The same as an incoming aum synth.

I lose a screen for effects ( ipad to ipad style ) Plus automation of effects for the recorded stem but doubt id redo effects automation.

Would have to record a stem with and without effects in aum instead of the recieving Drambo and not have the effects presets saved to redo effects

but 8 drums without a sampler seems lame.

I think I post in uncool format just to say how cool I am.

• @Tarekith Sweet. Appreciate that for sure! Good resource and useful. The box was sent to me fully expanded. I’m probably going to take one of the roms out and replace it with the Rob Pappen expansion? I have an Orbit 9090 rack so that ROM will probably have to go. That machine was extremely intuitive to get my head around and I’m loving it to pieces. I just dig the 90’s flow and sound. Cheers.

• @FPC Ya man. It’s a blast. It’s my RX5’s new buddy and those two sound killer together. This old machine trip I’ve been on this last year has really boosted my motivation to want to make music. It’s so much fun doing things the old way. From what I understand the r50 is a good box to bend. Normally I’d never touch the insides of my gear unless it was a Casio or Texas Instruments or whatever but the demos I’ve heard of the r50 circuit bent, pretty insane. So probably be trying that because why the heck not? Cheers man.

• @Tarekith So this is your site and info? Are you a Command Station user?

• The Flying V

• @Morgman73 said:
    @Tarekith So this is your site and info? Are you a Command Station user?

Yes and not anymore, sold mine many years ago. But I was on the initial beta test team for the Command Stations and used to run the command station mailing list (ha!) for E-mu then too.

• @Morgman73 said:

Classic Bruce Pennington, very nice!

• edited August 2023

( there isnt supposed to be a neon in aum. Neon in Drambo )

• edited August 2023

Not sure how I gained all inputs via usb

3 stereo

8 mono.

System is a sidechain device.

A tech Bro.

• A new friend in my studio this week… I've been creating a custom setup SP-404 MkII for live meditative ambient sets, in the warmup before meditations I lead, and in certain sessions in retreats. I'm very happy with it, after much searching. I'm now working on using my iPhone by its side as a MIDI controller for effects control.

• @Paulieworld said:
    Ipad Pro, high quality flat response headphones, rubber tipped stylus, comfy chair, ice cold beverage (not pictured), shaded patio overlooking large green, freshly mowed lawn with perfect diamond crosshatch pattern. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

This doesn’t count unless we can see the BEVERAGE

• iPad is the core of the setup (my main daw is Loopy Pro), then I jump around apps, a Roland MC-101, Arturia Microfreak and a Korg Wavestate. Mainly playing all of them on a Roland digital piano.

• @NoiseHorse said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Ipad Pro, high quality flat response headphones, rubber tipped stylus, comfy chair, ice cold beverage (not pictured), shaded patio overlooking large green, freshly mowed lawn with perfect diamond crosshatch pattern. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

This doesn’t count unless we can see the BEVERAGE

If I recall correctly, this was taken shortly after it was consumed. It contained a little vodka. I think I may have had another shortly after. Maybe two.

• edited January 9

Added a Roland TR-6S

• @andowrites said:
    A new friend in my studio this week… I've been creating a custom setup SP-404 MkII for live meditative ambient sets, in the warmup before meditations I lead, and in certain sessions in retreats. I'm very happy with it, after much searching. I'm now working on using my iPhone by its side as a MIDI controller for effects control.

🤩 I must know where you got those knobs!

• @cyberheater said:
    Added a Roland TR-6S

How are you liking the TR6s? Thinking of grabbing that to pair with the 101/404 as a nice little usb powered trio.

• @HotStrange said:

@cyberheater said:
    Added a Roland TR-6S

How are you liking the TR6s? Thinking of grabbing that to pair with the 101/404 as a nice little usb powered trio.

Very impressed with it so far. The ACB sounds are fantastic as well as the effects. It’s also very easy to use. Battery power is a great addition. Looking forward to trying it when I’m travelling.

• This was my studio in 2018:

This was my studio in 2020 after we took the shed down:

This was my studio in 2022 after a sofa upgrade:

And in 2023 I added a few fun bits:

I kinda still miss the shed though on those rare summer days: so kit for the allotment while my wife digs is my iPad, SP404 mk2, headphones and a new brolly :)

• edited January 9

My studio on a corner of the living room

My live setup is a bit different, maybe I should get a pic of that