Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• I just added a very important addition to the setup tonight

• edited June 15

Never really been able to use ( certainly not at desk )

and probably never will because of a motion disorder

but its cool to show setup and for devs to see their apps.

Its probably the most control IOS iv seen ( apart from Beardymans personal app for his ipads )

It goes.

Left ipad.

Just for synths. Which uses the launchpad and ec4. Midi gets over-written in Drambos non-overdub mode.

Ec4 is for parameters per synth. Control of Mononoke

May add some snakebuds.

Steel guitar.

Loopy for the screen synths

and the long button ( from surface builder ) Is just to clear midi per track easier.

Drum ipad ( top right )

A drum machine per track x 8.

All euclidean to Faderfox pc12.

Plus a Euclidean bass.

Using the screen. When you choose a drum track. You can use screen keyboard to actually choose a different drum from each app ( 16 per track ) 16 kicks. 16 snares etc.

Use the screen keyboard to re-write notes for euclidean bass.

You then got a 303. With screen arps and parameters mapped to a surface builder.

Bottom ipad ( right )

Is a sampler ipad.

In live mode

Thinking a few flexi samplers that record voice from mic. Which can then trigger from korg microkey to sequencers and then use arps etc ( So a reslice for own voice )

A few extra flexi samplers to trigger ( perhaps skiiid samples )

A guass because recording radio ( without monitor on ) can be cool.

A fieldscaper from Aum to Drambo.

You press the red squares in Drambo and goes from live mess about to a modular DAW, with probably same templates.

I guess I can if needed just sample synths via usb and use sampler ipad to keep samples neat.

The last few knobs on fader fox pc12 are just for bass synth parameters. A resonator for drums.

A few spare output fx knobs.

• So even with controllers.

Everything controllable is background

and then utilse screens best ways for additioma control.

Cant say if finalized but from theory.

Should be cool enough.

I may have to sell most of it though.

Just keep an ipad next to deck for scratch beats.

• Id actually be making music 24/7

but cant because of a disorder.

Its just not enjoyable.

You need to be able to bop head and also not be moving the more you try to be still.

So perhaps people from UK might buy some gear.

Thanks for apps etc though.

• Bought expensive deck to audio interface cables but now bought rca to mono.

So now deck, mic, ipad are plugged in.

All ipads have access to knob controllers because of din ( and a mio for 3rd ipad )

The drum ipad dosent have now access to launchpad but Drambo is ok for pads plus now using drum screen as a drum hub etc anyway.

It were better for 8 track vertical view ( a launchpad with drums ) as you could see all 8 tracks.

Think the 3rd ipad is maybe best choice to be line in, instead of synth ipad ?

As the sampler ipad needs to have mic input.

The line in has to be either drum or synth ipad.

Were thinking it be best volume wise to hear drum ipad loudness then add synths

but the drum is actually being the more difficult to keep volume in check.

Would you obviously add a limiter on the drums output ( before the audio interface input ) ?

• Screw selling.

Let the sort of happiness envelope you.

Dunno about the live thing ( although made )

Its ok-ish either standing or sitting making a patch.

You can play with right hand and tweak synth via screen and as easy, switch to left hand playing and tweaking parameter via controller.

• My new 3-tier Elektron stand arrived today, for my little dawless/hybrid setup. Still sorting out the wires and optimal routing, so it’s still a bit of a mess , but I’m absolutely loving having everything within a easy reach. (Stand is from Synthtoys on Etsy)

The main daw setup and studio monitors are on a studio desk off to the side, but audio is routed to my hifi setup when I’m jamming and getting track ideas down. (Kef Q150/SVS Micro 3000/Fosi ZA3 amp) .. I just find it less fatiguing and a far more enjoyable listening experience for this part of the creative process.

• Sofa upgrade is next

• @Paulieworld said:
    Ipad Pro, high quality flat response headphones, rubber tipped stylus, comfy chair, ice cold beverage (not pictured), shaded patio overlooking large green, freshly mowed lawn with perfect diamond crosshatch pattern. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

I haven’t changed anything for a year, but I did buy a new stylus. My wife just bought a new iPad. It’s pink!

• edited June 25

Not aiming for aesthetics here :smiley:

• @Paulieworld said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Ipad Pro, high quality flat response headphones, rubber tipped stylus, comfy chair, ice cold beverage (not pictured), shaded patio overlooking large green, freshly mowed lawn with perfect diamond crosshatch pattern. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

I haven’t changed anything for a year, but I did buy a new stylus. My wife just bought a new iPad. It’s pink!

I like the simplicity of your studio :wink:

• @Etienne Thoreau said…

1) Consider what you can do without
    2) Manage your resources
    3) Savor what you have

Simplify!

But I have to say, that’s a nice looking setup you have. Looks like a comfy place to jam.

• @Paulieworld Good points, Thoreau seemed like a nice fella.
    To my defense, my setup is quite compact for live use, 2 suitcases and a squier mini, no amps. 🙏
    Need to work on point 2) if I ever want to get the smell of fresh cut grass...

• The mascot ( Bird )

An Elite Noble Shungite stone

and a plant.

• @JeffChasteen said:

Sofa upgrade is next

Yep a comfy sofa makes so much difference!

• edited July 4

Still working on my piano upgrade setup.

Underestimated and is more of an eye sore for the boudoire.

Im having to remake a dj stand I made and dosent need to be of Lamborgini fashion but more than a D in woodwork.

So also chose polystyrene ( 2.5cm ) Cut with knife and make blocks with tape, instead of wood or other material.

To bring speaker stands ( for ipads )

Up and forward.

• @reasOne said:

Your place is amaze.

• 1st attempt at dj stand.

Its like an Elf stole Santas alcohol stash.

2nd Attempt is maybe the Lamborghini of dj stands ( or a plastic garden chair )

Installing piano keyboard has been/is hassle.

• Normal saw ( for panel )

vs Tenon saw.

• @sigma79 said:

@reasOne said:

Your place is amaze.

Thanks my man! My son finally moved out about a year ago and i snagged the room up quick before my wife could argue lol

• @reasOne said:

@sigma79 said:

@reasOne said:

Your place is amaze.

Thanks my man! My son finally moved out about a year ago and i snagged the room up quick before my wife could argue lol

Cool.

Good wall colour, curtain, pictures and lights.

People usually just paint walls in light colour.

• Not bad.

• @sigma79 said:
    Not bad.

Dude heck ya! This is looking sweet now

• @reasOne said:

@sigma79 said:
    Not bad.

Cheers Reas.

• @sigma79 said:

@reasOne said:

@sigma79 said:
    Not bad.

Cheers Reas.

Not sure you can see but the diagnal cut. Sort of makes it like a Grand Piano ( and being all black )

Wasnt sure and there isnt much you can do ( colour scheme wise ) Were going to maybe make it silver in places.

Thought it might seem like Lucy. When she forms into an organic supercomputer, offering a usb stick.

Still it looks good and is a good representation of ipads.

• Finally finished ( since 2019 )

Will I now actually make a song.

• Wow @sigma79 what size are those pictures. They download super slowly.

• @ecou said:
    Wow @sigma79 what size are those pictures. They download super slowly.

Not sure ecou.

Will see about resizing.

• edited July 21

My setup for tonight: a Gravity DJ desk, a Novation Launchkey Mk3 controller, an Arturia Minifuse 2 audio interface, Audio-Technica M40x headphones and the ❤️ of it all, my trusted iPad Air 4 running Roland Zenbeats and too many AUv3s to mention them all. No external power needed, it all runs on a 20000 mAh powerbank. This is a synth powerhouse in a very limited space…

/DMfan🇸🇪