Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• What an amazing app! Basically it's Ableton for iPad, only better! One strange omission though: no scale keyboard? Strange because LK has it and I've heard those apps share code. Is this feature planned? Cause otherwise it's pretty much perfect. Ableton Note / Push style pads would be even gamechangier, but I guess thats greedy of me :)

• Just grabbed Bam on sale and I must say I’m really impressed! One thing though - how does one go about using midi learn and automation with auv3 instruments and midi plugins? Nothing seems to stick when I press learn and then a plugin parameter. Maybe I’m reading the app info wrong but it sounded like it was possible.

• @Cambler said:
    Just grabbed Bam on sale and I must say I’m really impressed!

Thanks for your feedback.

One thing though - how does one go about using midi learn and automation with auv3 instruments and midi plugins? Nothing seems to stick when I press learn and then a plugin parameter. Maybe I’m reading the app info wrong but it sounded like it was possible.

It should be fairly straightforward. Before assigning to midi learn the parameter must be exposed to BAM. In order to acomplish this, you need to click on the COG icon and then configure the AUv3 parameters, once they are exposed you can midi learn them, automate it, etc

If you still have questions, please share a video of how you are doing so we can better understand it and help you.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

One thing though - how does one go about using midi learn and automation with auv3 instruments and midi plugins? Nothing seems to stick when I press learn and then a plugin parameter. Maybe I’m reading the app info wrong but it sounded like it was possible.

It should be fairly straightforward. Before assigning to midi learn the parameter must be exposed to BAM. In order to acomplish this, you need to click on the COG icon and then configure the AUv3 parameters, once they are exposed you can midi learn them, automate it, etc

If you still have questions, please share a video of how you are doing so we can better understand it and help you.

Thanks so much - working beautifully now. Love this automation system. Amazing work as always @sinosoidal and team.

• Does the old launchpad pro work with this app?

• @NoncompliantBryant said:
    Does the old launchpad pro work with this app?

All the controllers that work with LK will work with BAM. You can test with LK.

• @Cambler said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

Thanks so much - working beautifully now. Love this automation system. Amazing work as always @sinosoidal and team.

Thank you for your feedback. :blush:

• I am currently on an iPad Pro 1. Generation. Will the cpu have enough power do to the daft punk example? Or should i also buy the desktop version? ;-)

• @sinosoidal a quick, slightly off and on topic question. I just downloaded the desktop demo for Mac to see if it might be worth having both versions. I noticed that it only seems to be able to host Apple Silicon compatible AUV3 instruments/plugins as opposed to desktop AU plugins. is that correct?

• @scuba303 said:
    I am currently on an iPad Pro 1. Generation. Will the cpu have enough power do to the daft punk example? Or should i also buy the desktop version? ;-)

I'm pretty sure an iPad Pro 1st Gen will handle it right. The weakest device we have tested BAM against was an iPad 6th Gen.

You can get a pretty good deal for the desktop version at the time being. BAM is currently 30% OFF and if you have never purchased on our website you could get an additional 50% discount. In the end it would be a little less than 50 EUR.

If you have already made a purchase on our website, get in touch with our chat and we will get you a coupon! :wink:

• @Cambler said:
    @sinosoidal a quick, slightly off and on topic question. I just downloaded the desktop demo for Mac to see if it might be worth having both versions. I noticed that it only seems to be able to host Apple Silicon compatible AUV3 instruments/plugins as opposed to desktop AU plugins. is that correct?

Yes, at the time being we do not support VST, VST3 and AU formats. It is on the roadmap but it might take a couple of months to happen. We have a lot of work on our pipeline right now.

• By the way, there is a new BAM JAM:

• @sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:
    @sinosoidal a quick, slightly off and on topic question. I just downloaded the desktop demo for Mac to see if it might be worth having both versions. I noticed that it only seems to be able to host Apple Silicon compatible AUV3 instruments/plugins as opposed to desktop AU plugins. is that correct?

Yes, at the time being we do not support VST, VST3 and AU formats. It is on the roadmap but it might take a couple of months to happen. We have a lot of work on our pipeline right now.

Thanks for that. It all sounds promising!

• @sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

Sorry - just one more question for you @sinosoidal - will iPad projects open up seamlessly in the desktop version?

• @Cambler said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

Sorry - just one more question for you @sinosoidal - will iPad projects open up seamlessly in the desktop version?

If they only contain factory/expansion packs samples and built in engines, they will work out of the box. In iOS/macOS, if the same AUv3 exists in both systems, it will also work.

We still need to implement a self contained project export in order to export samples that have been added by the user. Something that is on our roadmap as well.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

If they only contain factory/expansion packs samples and built in engines, they will work out of the box. In iOS/macOS, if the same AUv3 exists in both systems, it will also work.

We still need to implement a self contained project export in order to export samples that have been added by the user. Something that is on our roadmap as well.

Excellent. Thanks so much for the response. Hope you have an awesome weekend my friend.

• @Cambler said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Cambler said:

Excellent. Thanks so much for the response. Hope you have an awesome weekend my friend.

Thank you! You too! :blush:

• @sinosoidal when 2 MIDI fx plugins are installed in a channel, is it possible to control how the MIDI from the first connects to the second? If the first plugin has multiple MIDI outputs, I need to be able to select which is routed to the next plugin.

• @sinosoidal said:

@NoncompliantBryant said:

Thanks! I'm not near an iPad so can't check yet but will.

Can you step record different notes (not live recording) or does this need to be done through the trigger module (using the knob to change notes)? Looks like I can't record notes other than what is in the trigger module unless I change that note knob value (that is, if I play an A5 on the keyboard, it SK t the let me I put that as a step... Seems like the I need to record live or I put through the piano roll to get notes that are different from the trigger module. For k stance. If the trigger is C3, I can only I put that note on the step recorder). Thanks for the help! DRC is my favorite subtractive synth app of all time. The sound is so powerful and gnarly.

• When recording in AUM, how do you synchronize BAM so it starts together with aum? When I arm BAM for recording it just takes off. Can you arm BAM and start the recording by starting the play button in AUM?

• Are there plans to include solo on multiple channels in the future? Currently, only one channel is available in solo mode. Or do I not know something)?

• @solncekreeze said:
    Are there plans to include solo on multiple channels in the future? Currently, only one channel is available in solo mode. Or do I not know something)?

You can already do this by pressing shift button and soloing the tracks

@sinosoidal said:

Can you step record different notes (not live recording) or does this need to be done through the trigger module (using the knob to change notes)? Looks like I can't record notes other than what is in the trigger module unless I change that note knob value (that is, if I play an A5 on the keyboard, it SK t the let me I put that as a step... Seems like the I need to record live or I put through the piano roll to get notes that are different from the trigger module. For k stance. If the trigger is C3, I can only I put that note on the step recorder). Thanks for the help! DRC is my favorite subtractive synth app of all time. The sound is so powerful and gnarly.

If you press a key on the keyboard and insert a step, the step will have that note. You can also make chords with a step if you press multiple notes while activating a step

• @robklotzby said:
    When recording in AUM, how do you synchronize BAM so it starts together with aum? When I arm BAM for recording it just takes off. Can you arm BAM and start the recording by starting the play button in AUM?

This is actually a limitation. But we have already opened an issue to allow recording without starting playback

• @xglax said:

@solncekreeze said:
    Are there plans to include solo on multiple channels in the future? Currently, only one channel is available in solo mode. Or do I not know something)?

You can already do this by pressing shift button and soloing the tracks

Thank you very much.

• @xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

If you press a key on the keyboard and insert a step, the step will have that note. You can also make chords with a step if you press multiple notes while activating a step

Hmm, I tried making that work last night for an hour in standalone and the plugin. Maybe I doing something wrong, but I pressed a key (A5) and it was still inputting C3.

• @xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal So I spent the past 39 minutes trying to get this to work I loaded an oscillator then tapped a note on the keyboard, then a step. I kept getting c3 in both auv3 and standalone. Am I doing something wrong or should I reinstall? Thanks!

@xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal So I spent the past 39 minutes trying to get this to work I loaded an oscillator then tapped a note on the keyboard, then a step. I kept getting c3 in both auv3 and standalone. Am I doing something wrong or should I reinstall? Thanks!

Unless you enter notes in composer, the trigger note is defined by a parameter in the TRIGGER section, located in the top left of the screen (device rack).

@xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

Does the old launchpad pro work with this app?oo

@sinosoidal said:

@xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

Unless you enter notes in composer, the trigger note is defined by a parameter in the TRIGGER section, located in the top left of the screen (device rack).

Ah, OK, so I guess that means no step recording using the keyboard then. Thank you.

@xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

You need to hold down the note on the keyboard while you tap the step. Then you get the note you want. Works for me, anyway.