Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @NoncompliantBryant said:

@xglax said:

@NoncompliantBryant said:

@sinosoidal said:

Does the old launchpad pro work with this app?

All the controllers that work with LK will work with BAM. You can test with LK.

Thanks! I'm not near an iPad so can't check yet but will.

Can you step record different notes (not live recording) or does this need to be done through the trigger module (using the knob to change notes)? Looks like I can't record notes other than what is in the trigger module unless I change that note knob value (that is, if I play an A5 on the keyboard, it SK t the let me I put that as a step... Seems like the I need to record live or I put through the piano roll to get notes that are different from the trigger module. For k stance. If the trigger is C3, I can only I put that note on the step recorder). Thanks for the help! DRC is my favorite subtractive synth app of all time. The sound is so powerful and gnarly.

If you press a key on the keyboard and insert a step, the step will have that note. You can also make chords with a step if you press multiple notes while activating a step

@sinosoidal So I spent the past 39 minutes trying to get this to work I loaded an oscillator then tapped a note on the keyboard, then a step. I kept getting c3 in both auv3 and standalone. Am I doing something wrong or should I reinstall? Thanks!

Probably you weren't holding down the keyboard note while pressing the step. Just like @purpan2 I've tried it just now and everything worked as expected. When pressing a step, all current holding notes will be created in that step

• @xglax said:

@xglax said:

@sinosoidal said:

Does the old launchpad pro work with this app?

All the controllers that work with LK will work with BAM. You can test with LK.

Thanks! I'm not near an iPad so can't check yet but will.

Can you step record different notes (not live recording) or does this need to be done through the trigger module (using the knob to change notes)? Looks like I can't record notes other than what is in the trigger module unless I change that note knob value (that is, if I play an A5 on the keyboard, it SK t the let me I put that as a step... Seems like the I need to record live or I put through the piano roll to get notes that are different from the trigger module. For k stance. If the trigger is C3, I can only I put that note on the step recorder). Thanks for the help! DRC is my favorite subtractive synth app of all time. The sound is so powerful and gnarly.

If you press a key on the keyboard and insert a step, the step will have that note. You can also make chords with a step if you press multiple notes while activating a step

@sinosoidal So I spent the past 39 minutes trying to get this to work I loaded an oscillator then tapped a note on the keyboard, then a step. I kept getting c3 in both auv3 and standalone. Am I doing something wrong or should I reinstall? Thanks!

Probably you weren't holding down the keyboard note while pressing the step. Just like @purpan2 I've tried it just now and everything worked as expected. When pressing a step, all current holding notes will be created in that step

Thanks guys, works perfectly!

• edited May 4

Been trying to search and browse for this, but can’t find anything. Does BAM currently (or plan to) support AUv3 multiout audio? If so, how do I add the additional outputs to my project? What about MIDI plug-ins that can send to separate channels (ie. Riffler, Harmony Bloom, 4Pockets Euclid, etc)?

• edited May 4

@jerps said:
    Been trying to search and browse for this, but can’t find anything. Does BAM currently (or plan to) support AUv3 multiout? If so, how do I add the additional outputs to my project?

BAM already supports multi out but it must be enabled under settings when hosted as a AUv3

• Ah, I guess there’s two different meanings to “multiout” in this case. I’m going through all the AUv3 hosts I have on my iPad and seeing which ones support which features when standalone. Does BAM support instrument plugins that output to multiple channels (MIDI and/or audio) when standalone? Think like Drum Computer or BlipBox where you can have each drum on its own track. @sinosoidal

• @jerps said:
    Ah, I guess there’s two different meanings to “multiout” in this case. I’m going through all the AUv3 hosts I have on my iPad and seeing which ones support which features when standalone. Does BAM support instrument plugins that output to multiple channels (MIDI and/or audio) when standalone? Think like Drum Computer or BlipBox where you can have each drum on its own track. @sinosoidal

No, it does not. That is something we need to find a solution for: midi and audio routing

• Grabbed BAM on iOS, it's pretty nice.
    Is it possible to automate the mod wheel and pitch bend values ? I managed to add several parameters from the AUv3 to the automation list, but not these two.
    I tried recording with my midi keyboard plugged in, but I only got the notes and velocity, the mod wheel movements were not saved.
    Maybe I'm missing something ?

• edited May 29

App's interface is indeed a bit on a small side for us short-sighted people :( I understand it's pretty much impossible to make the text bigger (no room) so how about an option to enlarge entire parts of the app? Kinda like Ableton Live does with it's "zoom" option - drag the slider and it just "pinch zooms" all blocks (but separate of each other). Sure, some compromise is required for this, and Ableton just sacrifices clip launcher space to make room for other parts of the interface. In case of BAM, its not even much of a sacrifice, since you already have buttons to hide top and bottom blocks, which we can use if we need more clip launcher rows.

Come to think of it, the lower part of the interface is OK as it is, it's just the top one I desperately want to "pinch zoom" :) Sure, it won't fit vertically if it's implemented, but sliding left and right to see the rest of the "instrument rack" is already there, so why not? :)

• @sinosoidal said:

@jerps said:
    Ah, I guess there’s two different meanings to “multiout” in this case. I’m going through all the AUv3 hosts I have on my iPad and seeing which ones support which features when standalone. Does BAM support instrument plugins that output to multiple channels (MIDI and/or audio) when standalone? Think like Drum Computer or BlipBox where you can have each drum on its own track. @sinosoidal

No, it does not. That is something we need to find a solution for: midi and audio routing

Another vote for multi out the standalone version! I use the TX-6 mixer and its great in AUM because i can run each channel thru its own channel on my mixer. Would absolutely love that here in BAM!

• I really like BAM, the workflow is a great combination of Drambo and LK but it just keeps freezing on my ipad pro 11 (2018 i think). 1x in 10 minutes. What info can I provide to make it better and how?

• @vlaad3 said:
    I really like BAM, the workflow is a great combination of Drambo and LK but it just keeps freezing on my ipad pro 11 (2018 i think). 1x in 10 minutes. What info can I provide to make it better and how?

I have been getting freezing as well on my iPad 12.9

• edited June 15

@sinosoidal said:

Is that already on the roadmap or is it considered a maybe/nice-to-have?

I’ve been trying out BAM and is simply great, gets so many things right; but imho there’s some final polishing necessary on routing:

• as said, the multi-out for drum machines like Drumcomputer, to manage the kick chain separatedly
    • some kind of Virtual or Network MIDI; am I wrong or there seem to be a lack of global MIDI?
      Each track seems to have its own separated MIDI context/route.

• E.g. with LK loaded on a BAM-track, a LK-track is configured to send MIDI (channel 1) to BAM-Output
        • then only the Device-Rack from the same BAM-track seems to access that MIDI data (e.g. for automating an effect knob);
        • but anything loaded on different BAM-tracks doesn’t seem to honour the LK MIDI Output. I’m still trying to guess how it works, but the entry into MIDI mapping doesn’t map message among different tracks.
    • aren’t pre/post-fade on sends missing? (or… I might be missing something here :smile: )

Having a versatile midi & audio routing (e.g. sends from Nanostudio2) would be epic.

• @reasOne said:

@vlaad3 said:
    I really like BAM, the workflow is a great combination of Drambo and LK but it just keeps freezing on my ipad pro 11 (2018 i think). 1x in 10 minutes. What info can I provide to make it better and how?

Please send me a private message with your email so I can add you to beta testing. We are experimenting a version at aims to reduce freezes

• @Pictor said:

@sinosoidal said:

Is that already on the roadmap or is it considered a maybe/nice-to-have?

I’ve been trying out BAM and is simply great, gets so many things right; but imho there’s some final polishing necessary on routing:

• as said, the multi-out for drum machines like Drumcomputer, to manage the kick chain separatedly
    • some kind of Virtual or Network MIDI; am I wrong or there seem to be a lack of global MIDI?
      Each track seems to have its own separated MIDI context/route.

• E.g. with LK loaded on a BAM-track, a LK-track is configured to send MIDI (channel 1) to BAM-Output
        • then only the Device-Rack from the same BAM-track seems to access that MIDI data (e.g. for automating an effect knob);
        • but anything loaded on different BAM-tracks doesn’t seem to honour the LK MIDI Output. I’m still trying to guess how it works, but the entry into MIDI mapping doesn’t map message among different tracks.
    • aren’t pre/post-fade on sends missing? (or… I might be missing something here :smile: )

Having a versatile midi & audio routing (e.g. sends from Nanostudio2) would be epic.

All this things are on our backlog. We just need to implement them properly. Thanks for this feedback

• Happy to help, and to hear about the backlog, you guys are doing a great job.

When in beta testing are the beta and stable version installed separately?
    I'm also open to help with testing the beta, if the stable version is still usable in the meanwhile.

• Is there a way to solo multiple tracks at a time?

I’m also having input freezing and audio crackles on iPad Pro 2nd gen 12.9. With 9 tracks utilized and cpu meter hovering around 40%.

This app is quite nice. Pretty smooth to operate. Reminding me of Modstep (in the fluidity and clip launching) which I liked but would always crash. This performs better than that and my iPad is getting old.

• @raindro said:
    Is there a way to solo multiple tracks at a time?

Yes. Use the shift button

• Can it get off the grid for some Drunken Beats?

• @reasOne said:

@vlaad3 said:

I have similar issues with my iPad 7. It’s far worse when using AUs, but even with the internal devices it ramps up CPU usage and starts glitching/freezing.

I can generally run more tracks in Drambo or AUM, but BAM wins on the workflow. After picking up BAM for desktop, I’m looking forward to being able to use it as a sketchpad on iPad.

• @Knoepfe said:
    Can it get off the grid for some Drunken Beats?

You can modulate the offset.

• @ahallam said:

@Knoepfe said:

You can modulate the offset.

Wow, thank you!

• @Knoepfe said:

Just view the clip in the Piano Roll and disable the SnapToGrip magnet icon, so you are free to place notes wherever you want.
    In the Timeline view iI was not able to shift/offset notes; although I think it should be possible by choosing a different time signature.

• Anyone uses the novation launchpad with BAM?
    Can you only launch clips or does it also reflect the piano roll or stepsequencer?

• @robosardine said:
    What’s the ‘slide’ like on it?

@robosardine said:

![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/b4/kb1fygkdphlj.gif ""

I don’t think we ever got an answer to this - anyone?

• I hate to be a misery about BAM (because I like Imaginando), but I got it in Imaginando’s recent generous giveaway and nearly every time I’ve used it it’s frozen up or crashed, and usually before I’ve had chance to save anything. So far I have one saved project. “Unstable” is an understatement.

It’s really disappointing. I have an M2 Pro with 16GB RAM, running 17.5.1. So should be able to handle pretty much anything.

Ironically the first time it crashed was the first time I tried to use it and it crashed when I loaded FRMS, so it’s not even third party apps that are the issue. I’ve also had it crash when I loaded Fluss, tonight it was Flux Mini 2. Usually it crashes a few seconds after I start trying to do something with the AUv3s after loading them.

It would be more understandable if I was working on some huge project, but I’ve never got past about four or five clips on one row before it’s packed in.

I got it because I keep reading about grooveboxes and thought I’d give one a whirl (plus it might be a gentler introduction to working this way than Drambo), but this has put me right off the whole idea. Think I’ll stick to AUM…

• I had an issue with bam and I just reached out directly to imaginando through their website. I got a quick response, invite to test flight and a beta build that fixed my problem within like a week. Very responsive. So, I’d definitely recommend that. It’s more helpful for them and for you since they can get the details of your crash through TestFlight. Personally, the only time I vocalize on here is when there’s no other option (looking at you ButterSynth). But imaginando clearly cares and wants to help based on my experience. It’s hard as a developer to follow forums and fix vague bugs, so try reaching out to them directly.

• edited July 8

@bygjohn said:
    I hate to be a misery about BAM (because I like Imaginando), but I got it in Imaginando’s recent generous giveaway and nearly every time I’ve used it it’s frozen up or crashed, and usually before I’ve had chance to save anything. So far I have one saved project. “Unstable” is an understatement.

It’s really disappointing. I have an M2 Pro with 16GB RAM, running 17.5.1. So should be able to handle pretty much anything.

Ironically the first time it crashed was the first time I tried to use it and it crashed when I loaded FRMS, so it’s not even third party apps that are the issue. I’ve also had it crash when I loaded Fluss, tonight it was Flux Mini 2. Usually it crashes a few seconds after I start trying to do something with the AUv3s after loading them.

It would be more understandable if I was working on some huge project, but I’ve never got past about four or five clips on one row before it’s packed in.

I got it because I keep reading about grooveboxes and thought I’d give one a whirl (plus it might be a gentler introduction to working this way than Drambo), but this has put me right off the whole idea. Think I’ll stick to AUM…

I'm sorry to hear your problems with BAM. We know there are some problems and I want to give you an glimpse of the challenges we are going through.

BAM is our most complex product so far. We have spent two years in the making of BAM. It also forced us to improve our common layer to all our other products. After releasing BAM we started a long journey of revising all other products: TKFX, LK, DLYM, K7D. These are already updated to the new common ground.

In a week or so, we will be updating VS to the new common ground, with an update that is almost ready. Next we will make a new release of BAM with a version that is on TestFlight and that I want you to invite you to join. The aim of this version of BAM is to stop freezes, but it will not mean the crashes are over. We still have some rough edges to handle.

Then we will continue the long journey of product revision with DRC and FRMS.

BAM is still a little boy and needs a lot of attention but we will be with our hands tied if some products are in older common ground and others in a new common ground, therefore the reduced number of updates and attention BAM.

That being said, would you like to join our TestFlight and see if the version that is on TestFlight is giving you less troubles?

Also, saving regularly is strongly recommended while this problems aren't yet fixed.

If you are available to join our TestFlight please send me private message with your email address. :blush:

@shoegazedivision said:
    I had an issue with bam and I just reached out directly to imaginando through their website. I got a quick response, invite to test flight and a beta build that fixed my problem within like a week. Very responsive. So, I’d definitely recommend that. It’s more helpful for them and for you since they can get the details of your crash through TestFlight. Personally, the only time I vocalize on here is when there’s no other option (looking at you ButterSynth). But imaginando clearly cares and wants to help based on my experience. It’s hard as a developer to follow forums and fix vague bugs, so try reaching out to them directly.

Thank you very much for your feedback and support. :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@bygjohn said:
    I hate to be a misery about BAM (because I like Imaginando), but I got it in Imaginando’s recent generous giveaway and nearly every time I’ve used it it’s frozen up or crashed, and usually before I’ve had chance to save anything. So far I have one saved project. “Unstable” is an understatement.

I'm sorry to hear your problems with BAM. We know there are some problems and I want to give you an glimpse of the challenges we are going through.

BAM is our most complex product so far. We have spent two years in the making of BAM. It also forced us to improve our common layer to all our other products. After releasing BAM we started a long journey of revising all other products: TKFX, LK, DLYM, K7D. These are already updated to the new common ground.

In a week or so, we will be updating VS to the new common ground, with an update that is almost ready. Next we will make a new release of BAM with a version that is on TestFlight and that I want you to invite you to join. The aim of this version of BAM is to stop freezes, but it will not mean the crashes are over. We still have some rough edges to handle.

Then we will continue the long journey of product revision with DRC and FRMS.

BAM is still a little boy and needs a lot of attention but we will be with our hands tied if some products are in older common ground and others in a new common ground, therefore the reduced number of updates and attention BAM.

That being said, would you like to join our TestFlight and see if the version that is on TestFlight is giving you less troubles?

Also, saving regularly is strongly recommended while this problems aren't yet fixed.

If you are available to join our TestFlight please send me private message with your email address. :blush:

Thanks for the response, and apologies for the rather grumpy post.

I’m unsure about the TestFlight version for the moment - I’ll leave it a few days and see if I can get enthusiastic about trying BAM again. Thank you for the offer, anyway.

• edited July 15

We have released an update to BAM. This is what has changed:

• Tries to improve stability
    • Tries to eliminate freezes
    • Tries to fix AUv3 crash loading a preset
    • Adds animation for stop button when triggered by mapping
    • Improves CPU load when automating AUv3 parameters
    • Improves sampler sample parameter interaction
    • Clips are now shown in their entirety when resizing them
    • Multichannel output is now post-fader
    • Fixes sample preview with multichannel output (preview audio is sent to first stereo channel)
    • Fixes noise when changing project with multichannel output
    • Fixes drag and drop on pads
    • Fixes crash when exporting while hosted
    • Fixes track rack moving when interacting with parameter
    • Fixes metronome being shown when hosted
    • Fixes some matrix actions not modifying patch
    • Fixes exported temporary files not being deleted after exporting
    • Fixes patch change with program change midi messages
    • Fixes Apple Pencil interaction with scrollable lists

Feedback about stability and freezes is very welcome.

• BAM has been updated to version 1.2.0 and introduces a new expansion pack called "Techno Flavours". This is the full change log:

• New expansion pack 'Techno Flavours'
    • Adds single sample mode to sampler
    • Adds internal MIDI routing between tracks
    • Adds rename file in recorder panel
    • New input high pass filter on Reverb FX
    • Browser now lists MIDI files
    • Improved shift interaction with parameters
    • Fixes MIDI import not loading in selected clip
    • Fixes Apple Pencil bugs when interacting with browser
    • General bug fixes and improvements

I know that many of you have complained about freezes in the past. We believe we have made some progress on that problem on this release.

You can learn more about the Techno Flavours bank in the video below:

And you can listen to all the loops and demo projects in our soundcloud, in the link below: