Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• edited January 23

@sinosoidal said:

@Synthi said:

@xglax said:

@Synthi said:

@Synthi said:
    It’s possible to color the clips within a track ? Thanks!

Anyone??

Right now its not possible.

Ok… any clue on when will be implemented?

I would say it is a very low priority issue taking into account many important problems we have on our list.

Tying the launchpad mini MP3’s works fine with lastest BAM beta but when you have more than 8 clips there is no way to know where you are, no visual indication . Thanks!

Do you mean a visual indication on the MATRIX itself?

I mean in the Launchpad … in LK you have different colours for clips so when go up/down using the Launchpad you know “where you are” , you don’t need to look at the iPad screen. ITOH, there isn’t a way to know what you are firing , if you use arrows (in Launchpad) you don’t know what 8 clips are displayed in the buttons. I find the current implementation in BAM useless for more than 8 clips when using Launchpad

• Hi, @sinosoidal, Is there a way to quick search missing files? Looks like I messed up few beats when updated folder with samples.

• edited January 23

There are a lot of problems so far. Test. It can crackle and freeze at any moment. Just hang out. I figured out the Launchpad, but I need to test it further. I don't know yet if it will be possible to rock BAM. I'm thinking about acquiring Launch control. But it's still too unstable to play live.
    I want to make BAM the main sequencer. Like. I hope the errors will be corrected in the near future. All sorts of little things will wait. Stability is needed.

• @solncekreeze said:
    There are a lot of problems so far. Test. It can crackle and freeze at any moment. Just hang out. I figured out the Launchpad, but I need to test it further. I don't know yet if it will be possible to rock BAM. I'm thinking about acquiring Launch control. But it's still too unstable to play live.
    I want to make BAM the main sequencer. Like. I hope the errors will be corrected in the near future. All sorts of little things will wait. Stability is needed.

Well, you have just painted a black scenario. We haven't been having reports of freezes.

Do you think this could be happening because you are using an external controller?

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

Well, you have just painted a black scenario. We haven't been having reports of freezes.

Do you think this could be happening because you are using an external controller?

It is quite possible. I'll try different options.

• @solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

External hardware controllers support is something new in this version. It would be important to understand if this freezes only happen when using an external controller.

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

External hardware controllers support is something new in this version. It would be important to understand if this freezes only happen when using an external controller.

I'll check it out. With and without power supply directly to the iPad. Let's see what happens. But it crashes without an external controller. But it hung up when connected. Just once so far. But I didn't use Launchpad for long.

• @sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal said:

@RajahP said:

@128BPM said:
    Yes, import of midifiles would take this to next level.

@cuscolima said:

@128BPM said:

MIDI import is already possible. Long press the pattern and choose import

Can’t seem to get midi import, don’t matter what I do…

Can you do us a screen recording?

Ops. I think I have lost the compass in this discussion.

The issue he is having is that the midi files created by the LUMBEATS apps don't import. You can select them but no midi is imported and no message alert explains why...my guess is that it is a format that BAM doesn't like. importing the file with midi tape recorder then re-exporting provides a file that imports correctly. someone may have mentioned that LK can do it, too.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal said:

@RajahP said:

@128BPM said:

@cuscolima said:

@128BPM said:

MIDI import is already possible. Long press the pattern and choose import

Can’t seem to get midi import, don’t matter what I do…

Can you do us a screen recording?

Ops. I think I have lost the compass in this discussion.

The issue he is having is that the midi files created by the LUMBEATS apps don't import. You can select them but no midi is imported and no message alert explains why...my guess is that it is a format that BAM doesn't like. importing the file with midi tape recorder then re-exporting provides a file that imports correctly. someone may have mentioned that LK can do it, too.

Yes, I think 5hey are called Type 0 Midi files or Type 1… was a common issue with midi import apps back in the day…
    LK does a great job separating the ‘channels’ of these files… would be nice to separate the instrument of ‘drum’ files for BAM (kick, Snare, etc).. Thanks..

• edited January 24

I noticed on Launchpad yesterday that the launch of the scene line is not highlighted. That's how it should be?

Decided. The power supply is working fine. Only the topmost button for starting the clip line is constantly flashing. And I understand that the launchpad mini has 8 mixer channels (in the Components setting)? To add 8 more, do I need to program another button (so that there are 16 mixer channels)?

After a while it freezes anyway. It just stops reacting. With Launchpad (with powerbank connected and disconnected). In general, the M1 behaves extremely unstable. I checked it in LoopyPro. Everything is working well. And when switching the clip lines, everything is fine (the right launch buttons light up).

• I watched the new BAM video with VS. Fine. I tried it. It is very cool. But. The question. Is there any way in the near future to program the project switching buttons in VS and BAM so that, for example, you do not exit the full-screen visualization mode and continue playing BAM (also switching projects from a separate controller)?

• @solncekreeze said:
    I watched the new BAM video with VS. Fine. I tried it. It is very cool. But. The question. Is there any way in the near future to program the project switching buttons in VS and BAM so that, for example, you do not exit the full-screen visualization mode and continue playing BAM (also switching projects from a separate controller)?

There is already. VS responds to program change messages.

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:
    I watched the new BAM video with VS. Fine. I tried it. It is very cool. But. The question. Is there any way in the near future to program the project switching buttons in VS and BAM so that, for example, you do not exit the full-screen visualization mode and continue playing BAM (also switching projects from a separate controller)?

Can the switching of projects be controlled from the controller? I don't find it. Various parameters are programmable. And switching projects is only manual. Or am I missing something?

• @solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

Can the switching of projects be controlled from the controller? I don't find it. Various parameters are programmable. And switching projects is only manual. Or am I missing something?

BAM or VS?

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

BAM or VS?

In both BAM and VS. I'm checking out midi learn now. Different parameters can be linked to the controller, but switching projects is not. So that, for example, the game is not interrupted (you switched projects and play on without leaving the full-screen VS mode). And at the same time changing BAM projects.

• edited January 26

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

BAM or VS?

In both BAM and VS. I'm checking out midi learn now. Different parameters can be linked to the controller, but switching projects is not. So that, for example, the game is not interrupted (you switched projects and play on without leaving the full-screen VS mode). And at the same time changing BAM projects.

You cannot change BAM projects on the fly without breaking the sound. At the time being, it is not possible to switch presets from midi controllers in BAM.

• edited January 27

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

BAM or VS?

You cannot change BAM projects on the fly without breaking the sound. At the time being, it is not possible to switch presets from midi controllers in BAM.

I understand that the sound will be interrupted. It's not scary. The main thing is that you can program the project switching buttons. That would be great. It is for a live performance.

... Configured via MidiMittr via bluetooth. On one ipad BAM on the other VS. I remembered that presets are scrolled by gesture on VS. Great. I tried it only through midi.

... And I hope so... That there will be support for built-in synthesizer keyboards (for example, DRC with its chord buttons).

• edited February 1

Launchkey mini is supported in BAM. Question-will I be able to add various parameters in Device, Volume, Sends, Pan modes? In Custom, this can be done in Components. And the direct assignment in BAM will work when switching these modes?

Or will these modes work like in a regular daw? That is, to be responsible for device, volume, sends, pan as in Ableton?

Updated. I talked to Imaginando support. Everything will work as in Ableton. And that's great. We will try Launchkey mini. And then there were doubts about the purchase. Thanks to Henrique from Imaginando.

• Question-is it impossible to record a signal from midi fx in composer? Or am I missing something? Is it possible to record something only from the morning keyboard (well, from the external midi keyboard)?

• @solncekreeze said:
    Question-is it impossible to record a signal from midi fx in composer? Or am I missing something? Is it possible to record something only from the morning keyboard (well, from the external midi keyboard)?

We are still working on that. There are many issue that have been arising in the mean time so it has been postpone.

• We have recently updated BAM to 1.0.7 on all platforms. Here are all the change that happened on iOS:

• Added DJ style filter per track in Mixer panel
    • Added more Oscillator presets
    • Added song export by track
    • Fixes autosave
    • Presets with AUv3 can't be previewed now
    • Sounds recorded from master output are now auto trimmed on start/end when the recording is stopped
    • Hofmann cutoff range was adjusted
    • Compressor sidechain source changed to pre fader
    • Increase interaction size of transport buttons
    • Fixes deleting parameter from AUv3 engine not removing its automations
    • Fixes dropdown parameters resetting when starting playback
    • Fixes metronome sound recording into Export and Recorder
    • Fixes crash when recovering projects with modulators
    • Fixes volume difference in Burner when using MS mode
    • Fixes song speed when host is using 32 buffer size
    • Fixes Sampler sample step automations not updated when changing pool
    • Fixes Master track automations not recovering
    • Fixes note step modulation when interacting with composer
    • Fixes sound presets with MIDI FX preview
    • Fixes undo/redo of sound preset load
    • Fixes undo/redo of copy/paste track
    • Fixes loading track preset not clearing midi fx
    • Fixes learn AUv3 MIDI FX parameters for automation
    • Fixes learn AUv3 MIDI FX parameters to modulators

We have also released a new BAM JAM video:

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:
    Question-is it impossible to record a signal from midi fx in composer? Or am I missing something? Is it possible to record something only from the morning keyboard (well, from the external midi keyboard)?

We are still working on that. There are many issue that have been arising in the mean time so it has been postpone.

Good luck in solving these problems.

• also, latest BAM beta finally appears to work properly with AUv3's that have dynamic parameter tree, like Mela 4 or MiRack, and finally i'm completely happy with BAM.

looking back, it was worth waiting until things are fixed, and 50% off preorder (both iOS & desktop) was really good investment.

• @chaocrator said:
    also, latest BAM beta finally appears to work properly with AUv3's that have dynamic parameter tree, like Mela 4 or MiRack, and finally i'm completely happy with BAM.

Yes, that is correct too! We forgot to mention on the change log.

looking back, it was worth waiting until things are fixed, and 50% off preorder (both iOS & desktop) was really good investment.

:blush:

• BAM 1.0.8 was released with the following change log:

• Added Noise engine custom design
    • Cancel export if app is sent to background
    • Added notification when export is cancelled
    • Improved readability of parameters
    • Fix search engines
    • Fix some AUv3 windows being taller than the screen
    • Fix selected scene advancing on scene export
    • Fix AUv3 invalidated status when it fails to instantiate
    • Fix learned parameters for dynamic AUv3 parameters (ex: modular apps)
    • Fix crashes when restoring projects or states when the system memory is low
  • Thanks for the update! Im trying the noise engine and on my 2017 ipad pro i get an intermittent high pitched beep sound when the lp cutoff is near the top of the range. It happens a lot at 20khz and disappears if you lower the cutoff a bit.

• New update!

• @drewinnit said:

New update!

Thanks for the info. Quite an update!

• @sinosoidal said:
    BAM 1.0.8 was released with the following change log:

• Added Noise engine custom design
    • Cancel export if app is sent to background
    • Added notification when export is cancelled
    • Improved readability of parameters
    • Fix search engines
    • Fix some AUv3 windows being taller than the screen
    • Fix selected scene advancing on scene export
    • Fix AUv3 invalidated status when it fails to instantiate
    • Fix learned parameters for dynamic AUv3 parameters (ex: modular apps)
    • Fix crashes when restoring projects or states when the system memory is low

you need to fix sample preview when BAM is hosted as AUV3

• edited April 16

Decided to revisit this app, i like that massive developement, lots of updates .. just wanted to ask - what's the stability ? Late beta was crashing a lot, so just curious if guys managed to make it rock solid after that updates .. stability is for me major importance so asking for users experience .. i am interested in standalone use so don't care about stability when it is used as AU plugin