Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

[Prism] MIDI Sequencer - Now With [DEEP] Launchpad Integration

123457»

Comments

• Hey @catherder,

For step recording the mute button is repurposed to add empty steps / erase a filled trig. What your describing is a pretty specific use case that would have to be considered for development / design. Let me confirm what you're trying to accomplish and I'll see what I can do.

Just rephrasing for understanding but basically the external sequence would quickly fill steps with the additional function of being able to ignore some when a mute is pressed. So at the end you might have a sequence = ABCDEFGHIJK coming in but based on when you hold the mute you end up with ABDFJK in the recorded track. Is this the right idea?

• @A_Mortal_Mage said:
    Hey @catherder,

For step recording the mute button is repurposed to add empty steps / erase a filled trig. What your describing is a pretty specific use case that would have to be considered for development / design. Let me confirm what you're trying to accomplish and I'll see what I can do.

Just rephrasing for understanding but basically the external sequence would quickly fill steps with the additional function of being able to ignore some when a mute is pressed. So at the end you might have a sequence = ABCDEFGHIJK coming in but based on when you hold the mute you end up with ABDFJK in the recorded track. Is this the right idea?

@A_Mortal_Mage I am talking about the keypad “mute playback” functionality you find in the keypad settings (long press octave controls), not the mute button at the top. This keypad muting is not working in step mode. It is not possible to suppress that immediate note output when a pad is pressed or a note arrives through the midi input. This has nothing to do with rests or skipping steps in step entry mode.

• @catherder , ahhh, that makes way more sense. I set that up on purpose thinking to myself "when would anyone not want to hear what they're recording" and here you come with a great scenario of just that. This is what I get for trying to add cleverness before validating the base line :). I'll get an update with that change shortly. Thanks for working with me through this.

• meh, i was super excited and bought this only to have it immediately and repeatedly crash on me :/

open plugin, select a track, select "drum sequencer" and press "SEQ" - instant crash. 100% reproduction. to add insult to injury i connected my launchpad (the reason why i bought this app) only to find that only mk3 models are supported. why wasn't this explicitly stated in the online manual or promo texts?

fingers crossed that apple are going to accept my refund request...

• edited July 26

Hey @rbn3, I'm so sorry to hear about the crashing. This is the I'm hearing of such a reproducible failure. For future users would you mind letting me know what host and device you're using? I can make a mention that they aren't supported or fix them. I don't want others needlessly buying it if it won't work on their system.

The launchpad stuff is fairly new and part of my testing for greater external MIDI Support. If anyone has an MK2 and wants to help beta test i can get it added. Otherwise it'll be supported through general external gear in the future.

If they don't provide a refund and you want to work with me I'm sure we can get these bugs sorted out quickly.

• McDMcD
    edited July 26

My new Launchpad XL showed up. I started the Launchpad App and pressed some buttons and OMG…. Look ma! I’m a DJ.

So I am looking forward to using Prism to learn to really create in a pad-based clip launching paradigm.

My goal is to make music similar to what I do in AUM with my multi-track tape deck approach.

Hopefully I can learn something new.

• @A_Mortal_Mage said:
    Hey @rbn3, I'm so sorry to hear about the crashing. This is the I'm hearing of such a reproducible failure. For future users would you mind letting me know what host and device you're using? I can make a mention that they aren't supported or fix them. I don't want others needlessly buying it if it won't work on their system.

The launchpad stuff is fairly new and part of my testing for greater external MIDI Support. If anyone has an MK2 and wants to help beta test i can get it added. Otherwise it'll be supported through general external gear in the future.

If they don't provide a refund and you want to work with me I'm sure we can get these bugs sorted out quickly.

sure! thanks for the quick reply!

i'm hosting it in AUM on an (admittedly vintage) ipad pro 12.9 2015, which performs reasonably well with every other auv3 i throw at it...

• Hello @A_Mortal_Mage I am loving Prism. It is a great sequencer. While I still have a lot to learn, I am appreciating the possibilities and the fun. And SoundforMore's tutorials have been a great help!

One thing I would like is to control the "Hue" for individual tracks as opposed to the entire sequence - specifically, the swing and the Mode. I am hoping that is possible and not too difficult to implement.

Regardless, thank you for this cool app.

• edited August 16

@A_Mortal_Mage have you ever considered adding internal midi channel control? Where the user can select which midi channel to send to from within the individual tracks in Prism? And maybe multiple midi ports, something like ZOA has? (It has 4 midi output ports)

Edit: or Grooverider 16 which has 8 Audio outs, and 16 MIDI output ports.

• Here’s what ZOA looks like (with 4 MIDI outs)

And Prism