Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Quanta 2 by Audio Damage (Released on iOS)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/quanta-2/id6670520767

Granular synthesis on the iPad, redefined! Early bird price 50% off until Dec 1.

Quanta 2 is a complete reworking and major upgrade to our fan-favorite Quanta granular synthesizer. With both AUv3 and standalone versions, Quanta 2 will work wherever you need it to. Two virtual analog oscillators and a grain engine create beautiful and stunning soundscapes; the pair of state-variable filters season this sonic stew, and a chorus, delay, and reverb round out the tableau. Full MPE capabilities, tuning table loading, arbitrary modulating assignments, and a massive payload of factory presets, many created by well-known ambient and experimental artists, make Quanta 2 the perfect tool for mobile music creation!

Comments

• Sick granular, maybe best one I know of - audio damage ports to iOS are 10/10

• edited October 3

Yes. I loved the first one enough that I will likely buy this again… after I get back to having decent access.

I wonder if they included all the killer presets that the first one came with?

• @skiphunt said:
    Yes. I loved the first one enough that I will likely buy this again… after I get back to having decent access again.

I wonder if they included all the killer presets that the first one came with?

The website description says it includes all the v 1 presets. Can never say for sure with iOS, though

• I prefer the 1st version’s mod matrix from a visual and usability standpoint, so skipping this. Only thing I’m missing out on is a second basic oscillator. I’ll live.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I prefer the 1st version’s mod matrix from a visual and usability standpoint, so skipping this. Only thing I’m missing out on is a second basic oscillator. I’ll live.

I’ll decide when I get back to having decent access again. Seems like they’ve been working on this a good while. I’d assume it’s better, but if not… I’m cool with sticking with the first too.

• What’s new?

• aaaaaa
    edited October 3

Looks like the original v1 app is gone from the app store. So no way to get it anymore if you hadn’t already purchased the original.

• Is all the text as small as it is in Axon?

• edited October 3

@oat_phipps said:
    I prefer the 1st version’s mod matrix from a visual and usability standpoint

Agreed, I like the shortcut to add modulation to parameters, but the matrix seemed like a reasonable approach to make sense of all interconnections at a glance.

(Also: welcome back, right? I hadn’t seen you comment in a while)

• @gusgranite said:
    What’s new?

From their Quanta 2 page:

NEW IN VERSION 2
    New User Interface
    The user interface has been cleaned up, modernized, and given panels for clarity and to accommodate new controls.

Modulation Assignment Reworked
    We have replaced the matrix mod assign panel with a right-click context menu like those found in Continua and Phosphor 3. In addition, the controls now have indicators to show modulation.

Additional VA Oscillator
    Quanta 2 has two virtual analog oscillators instead of the single one in the original. Use one for a sub bass, send both to the grain engine, granularize one and leave the other normal -- whatever floats your boat!

Root Note Detection And Assignment
    When you drop a sample on Quanta 2, or load it via the import dialogue, Quanta 2 attempts to find the root note of the sample. (This obviously works better on legato single notes than it does on chords or full music loops.) After the import, you can adjust the root note to taste.

Grain Pitch Quantization
    You can optionally limit grain pitches to particular notes. This quantizing is post-modulation, so any randomization or mod applied to grain tuning will be quantized to the scale of your choosing. Quantizing respects the tuning table or MTS-ESP tuning as well.

Effects
    Quanta now has a chorus, stereo dual delay, and reverb taken from the Audio Damage library of studio effects.

New Modulation Features
    The envelope generators and LFOs have been extensively improved. The FEGs pick up amplitude and time scale knobs, and the FLFOs get amplitude control, switchable bipolar output, and a sync switch which causes FLFO 2 to reset whenever FLFO 1 restarts. In addition, four Macro knobs have been added to the modulation panel, and these can receive a global MIDI CC assignment, thus allowing you to control the macros from the MIDI controller of your choice, no matter what the author of the preset chose.

Quanta 1 Preset Loading
    Quanta 2 contains every preset from Quanta 1, and every post-release pack we have commissioned, as well as new preset packs from Red Means Recording and Red Sky Lullaby, and created in house. In addition, Quanta 2 will load any preset created for Quanta 1. If you have made presets for Quanta 1, just drag the folder in to the Quanta 2 preset user folder, and they will appear in Quanta 2 ready to go to work.

• In half an hour of use: 2 app crashes, 1 aum crash. iPad 9, iPadOS 18

• Had one app crash holding 3 notes in standalone mode. Latest iOS iPad M1 Pro

• edited October 3

@KMTGN, @Jumpercollins
    Hope you've sent the crash analytics data (search for Analytics in settings) and steps to reproduce to [email protected]

• Well this is a no brainer for me.

• @rs2000 said:
    @KMTGN, @Jumpercollins
    Hope you've sent the crash analytics data (search for Analytics in settings) and steps to reproduce to [email protected]

@rs2000

I would if you could send the files via email but you can’t via Google does he have a Discord channel?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@rs2000 said:
    @KMTGN, @Jumpercollins

@rs2000

I would if you could send the files via email but you can’t via Google does he have a Discord channel?

Try to *.zip it first...

• edited October 3

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@rs2000 said:
    @KMTGN, @Jumpercollins

@rs2000

Try to *.zip it first...

Wish it was that simple @Samu Apple just want people to report bugs. To many hoops to jump through, it is what is is I’m sure the dev will fix it.

• Is there a trick to scrolling the interface vertically when loaded as an auv3 in Logic Pro for iPad?

I have the second largest iPad screen size & a good portion of the lower half of the plug-in window is still obscured when the plugin window is maximized in logic.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Wish it was that simple @Samu Apple just want people to report bugs. To many hoops to jump through, it is what is is I’m sure the dev will fix it.

No need for extra apps to zip files, just use Files.app and select 'compress' after long-tap on the file :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

No need for extra apps to zip files, just use Files.app and select 'compress' after long-tap on the file :sunglasses:

@samu Cheers thanks all sent now.

• Open in stand alone first and download factory content, (has this been mentioned?).

• I came here for this today. I was about to buy, but came to see what feedback there was, and it sounds a little premature to buy what sounds like it hasn't done with beta testing yet…

One question, if I buy Quanta 2, will it overwrite Quanta on my iPad, or will the original remain as a fallback until I feel Quanta 2 is solid?

• Great that it’s finally released!

@Pxlhg How big is the file size of the factory content?

• so happy its finally out!

• @andowrites said:
    I came here for this today. I was about to buy, but came to see what feedback there was, and it sounds a little premature to buy what sounds like it hasn't done with beta testing yet…

One question, if I buy Quanta 2, will it overwrite Quanta on my iPad, or will the original remain as a fallback until I feel Quanta 2 is solid?

You will have both and you can import your old personal presets from the first (I haven't tried that but they say so). I like it so far, very easy to work with, set automation for controls etc.

@Jer4 said:
    Great that it’s finally released!

I didn't catch that and it seem to be hidden too as I can't find it on my drive/s. It took a while but that can be poor connection so .. Sorry I can't be of any help

• @Pxlhg said:

@andowrites said:
    I came here for this today. I was about to buy, but came to see what feedback there was, and it sounds a little premature to buy what sounds like it hasn't done with beta testing yet…

You will have both and you can import your old personal presets from the first (I haven't tried that but they say so). I like it so far, very easy to work with, set automation for controls etc.

@Jer4 said:

I didn't catch that and it seem to be hidden too as I can't find it on my drive/s. It took a while but that can be poor connection so .. Sorry I can't be of any help

• @Pxlhg said:

@Jer4 said:

No problem! I don’t have Quanta 1, but in Continua you can delete factory presets and banks in the app itself. Hopefully the case for Quanta 2 too, if the download is big.

• @Jer4 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Jer4 said:

No problem! I don’t have Quanta 1, but in Continua you can delete factory presets and banks in the app itself. Hopefully the case for Quanta 2 too, if the download is big.

Yes, you are right. There is an option to delete the desired folder. ;)

• @Luxthor said:

@Jer4 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Jer4 said:

Yes, you are right. There is an option to delete the desired folder. ;)

Cool, thanks for confirming! Poor Hainbach 🤣

• @Pxlhg said:

@andowrites said:

@Jer4 said:

Thanks, that's great news. I'm in.