Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

dRambo update now live on the AppStore

What’s New
21 Oct 2024

Version 2.27

• Fixed: issues with iOS18, stability improvements

• Double tap on AUv3 floating window to maximize

• Added Vocoder module

• Resizable rack area (iPad only) drag launcher symbo.

• Pads higlighting

• Projects and Sample browser - search added, Drambo projects list shows file size

• UNDO + multitrack sequencer button to clear session

• Pattern menu: you may set number of steps for all clips

• Piano roll: snapping options

• Fixed: MIDI takeover mode

• MIDI mapping menu is persistent and remains visible

• (Flexi: time stretching)

• System AUv3s are optional, disabled by default, may be set in settings

• MIDI note generator module - channel param addedd

• New module: Layers switch (mixer section). Works with cv/audio and MIDI. Only active layer is processed (CPU save). Great to save CPU

• Filter module: 2 modes added: HP24 and BP24

• MIDI input module

• CV quantizer - added MIDI mode, where notes are set by incoming MIDI signal

• Flexi: Added "auto-monitoring" module paramter

• Flexi: keep settings between sample load. Disable autorecognize sample

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drambo/id1469365718

Comments

• Very cool. Will try the flexi time stretch out first B)

• @drewinnit said:
    Very cool. Will try the flexi time stretch out first B)

It's smooth. :)

• edited October 21

My regular project seems to be running cooler on my ipad than usual. Happy days for that.

Resizable rack and clear session shortcut take the cake for me I think along with MIDI takeover being fixed.

I couldn't find "Pattern menu: you may set number of steps for all clips" in the pattern options I'm familiar with, could someone lend a screenshot or other hand?

Also very curious what some practical applications are for the layer mixer, I'm sure there's tons. At first glace it seems great for swapping effects chains?

• Sweet update!

• @Goldiblockz said:
    My regular project seems to be running cooler on my ipad than usual. Happy days for that.

>

Resizable rack and clear session shortcut take the cake for me I think along with MIDI takeover being fixed.

Good to know.

I couldn't find "Pattern menu: you may set number of steps for all clips" in the pattern options I'm familiar with, could someone lend a screenshot or other hand?

I'm not at my iPad right now however if you press the Pattern you should see

Steps per beat

Steps: -1 +1 :2 x2

Set Pattern length using this.

Also very curious what some practical applications are for the layer mixer,

Layer Mixer or Layers switcher?

With Layers switcher you can load effects etc per layer and only one will play at a time.
    The unused layers do not take up CPU.

I'm sure there's tons. At first glace it seems great for swapping effects chains?

It's great for that and also for switching between synths when performing.

• All the people asking for preset switching now can set different presets on the layers switch, and use the index to select the sound. Not exactly the same but very useful

• Thanks for the update info @Gravitas : very nice work Beepstreet , and thanks giku

dRambo rules!!!

• Everytime a new Drambo release comes out I went at first into the preferences and look for a bright mode.

The second thing I look for is whether the step buttons are MIDI controllable (now that the Launchkey MK4 is out, it would be so cool to set steps with hardware buttons).

As usual without success ;)

It's still a great update. Thanks for that.

• @klangsulfat said:

The second thing I look for is whether the step buttons are MIDI controllable (now that the Launchkey MK4 is out, it would be so cool to set steps with hardware buttons).

I have some step sequencer designs which I've put together specifically for this purpose.
    More on that later.

It's still a great update. Thanks for that.

🙌🏾

• @Gravitas said:
    What’s New
    21 Oct 2024

Version 2.27

Finally! 🤩

• @Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:
    What’s New
    21 Oct 2024

Version 2.27

Finally! 🤩

https://forum.loopypro.com/discussion/comment/1076151/#Comment_1076151

• @klangsulfat

Everytime a new Drambo release comes out I went at first into the preferences and look for a bright mode.

You mean like this?

• I’m so happy for all of you people getting this update to the public AppStore version.

Yay! We can finally talk about some of these things lol!

Stay tuned though, as there’s still some huge features on the horizon which are still in BETA. @giku_beepstreet is working on some amazing things that are going to blow your minds! 🤯

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Stay tuned though, as there’s still some huge features on the horizon which are still in BETA.

Oh come on, we haven't yet fully enjoyed this update, and you say there will be something even better. ;)

All jokes aside, a very cool update.

• Nice update! The time stretching sounds very good and smooth.

• I’m sure I’m just missing something so apologies for my ignorance but when i have Stretching switched on in the Flexi module menu, the playback of the sample for differently pitched MIDI notes is still very slow for low notes and very quick for high notes: isn’t the idea that stretching should make the playback duration the same regardless of the input pitch?

What am i missing?

• @bleep said:
    Nice update! The time stretching sounds very good and smooth.

where is the time stretching button?

• anybody use the vocoder yet ?

• edited October 21

@eross said:

@bleep said:
    Nice update! The time stretching sounds very good and smooth.

where is the time stretching button?

In the module settings, which can be accessed by tapping its header

• edited October 21

The time stretching works with the number of beats you set under the sync parameter in flexi
    I just posted this in another thread but hope it can help here as well:

Start a new project and insert a flexi
    Load aftobeat 95, keep default project tempo at 120bpm

Make (tap-slide) one big note for all 16 steps

Press play… no stretch

Then under sync choose 4 beats.

You see (I mean, hear?)

Now change the project tempo

• Awesome news. I gotta check it out.
    Ooh, does that mean I can post the Drambo video now that the update is out? @Gravitas

You showed a ton of secret techniques back in August.

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Awesome news. I gotta check it out.
    Ooh, does that mean I can post the Drambo video now that the update is out? @Gravitas

Yup.

You showed a ton of secret techniques back in August.

I did???

Damn.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I’m so happy for all of you people getting this update to the public AppStore version.

Yay! We can finally talk about some of these things lol!

So very true!

Stay tuned though, as there’s still some huge features on the horizon which are still in BETA. @giku_beepstreet is working on some amazing things that are going to blow your minds! 🤯

Yeah, I thought that the list was shorter than expected. 🙄😂

• Wow awesome update!😊

• @pedro said:
    You mean like this?

Come on, tell me how you did it ;)

Did I miss something? Is that a photoshopped mockup? Or a hidden/future feature? A hack?

I've even played around in the accessibility settings to get a bright appearance. No success.

• edited 5:20AM

Wow man. Being VERY buisy with a band project these days ios music is not given much attention. But it’s great to know that things are moving forward. Icloud sync in koala, new app from Jim Audio is comming . And now, further Drambo development ❤️🙏🏼. There is still light in these dark times 😊

• wimwim
    edited 6:12AM

@klangsulfat said:

@pedro said:
    You mean like this?

Come on, tell me how you did it ;)

Did I miss something? Is that a photoshopped mockup? Or a hidden/future feature? A hack?

I've even played around in the accessibility settings to get a bright appearance. No success.

I think that’s “classic invert” from accessibility settings. I have my iPad set so that a triple-tap on the home button brings up the option to pick smart invert or classic invert when I feel the need (which is virtually never).

• Oooohhh. I really like the wave scanner. 😎