Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

dRambo update now live on the AppStore

Comments

• edited October 22

@supadom said:

@pedro said:
    @supadom you mean “light corners”?

Depends what mood you’re in 😊

I can’t believe that a new update of a sonic monster has dropped and we’re discussing colours! Blasphemy!

I used to have press Giku about colours until I realised that he’s always right 😂

I made my peace with it that’s why I’m so patronising on the subject 🙄

A video showing of the new features would be nice… Saw the developer spoke of some amazing StepSequences coming… Will love to see the Original MidiSTEPs recreated here… It will be massive..

• edited October 22

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:
    is there a quick way to duplicate a track in drambo?

Yup.
    Long press Track header Copy and then Paste which will create a duplicate Track.

The other way is to long press on the Track selector
    that you need to duplicate and tap on an empty track.
    A menu will pop up which give you the choice of
    "Rack/Rack+Sequences/Cancel"

it’s so weird i’m not seeing it. i’m on iphone, does that matter?

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

Long press a Track selector button and then the Track selector button you need to copy/duplicate to.

This is misleading because “Duplicate track” should make duplicate track(rack) not copy-paste content from one track(rack) to another.

Email the dev with your preferred wording.

[email protected]

It's not my preferred wording. It's the common phrase for exact functionality in any software. Try to duplicate a track in any other DAW.

Personally speaking I'm trained up on Cubase, Logic Pro, Reaper and Pro-Tools.
    They don't adhere to the same descriptions.
    The same function in two DAW's may have different wordings yet do the same thing.
    As a professional you need to know what is acheivable and then you need to find it as quickly as possible.

Well, just for curiosity, I checked command names for track duplication in DAWs you kindly mentioned. 😅

• Cubase: "Duplicate Track"
    • Logic Pro: "Duplicate"
    • Reaper: "Duplicate Selected Tracks"
    • Pro Tools: "Duplicate"

Firstly, another great update. Can’t wait to see what’s coming next! The layers switch has so many potential benefits that I’m stoked to get into it soon.

This whole above situation I quoted is kind of an issue within Drambo conversing and I don’t know if it’s because people don’t read carefully (which I’m 100% guilty of) or if it’s because the amount of options make it hard to signify exactly what you mean without screenshots, not to mention that all DAWS have different ways of naming essentially the same functions.

Granted, I’m an idiot, but putting that aside. I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time figuring out the UI size change from the new update feature (iPad Only) as I didn’t know what “Launcher” meant.

To give myself some credit , in the manual the word “launcher” comes up once.

I personally would LOVE to update this manual, considering it hasn’t received a proper one that I could find sicne 1.1. But I don’t want to encroach or spend time doing it to only find out it’s been updated just not uploaded yet.

Even the “Track” situation quoted above is a bit confusing for everyone involved who have and use Drambo regularly.

I, as evidenced in this over verbose post, have thought about emailing the dev but don’t want to over explain myself to the point of no response lol. I don’t know if they have someone working on it yet. I know things like that can get lost in the weeds.

To further expand on my point - some of the modules on the release don’t have updates within the help setting (? - Button in Drambo) when active.

This post isn’t meant to disparage in any way shape or form. What Drambo is/does/can be is a work of genuine dedication, commitment, and it shows. It’s exceptional.

I feel like I say this often, but doing all the little things necessary when launching anything, especially an app as throughly thought through and modular as Drambo, often leaves plenty of things potentially falling by the wayside. I mean this literally with anything but that’s a whole ass convo for another day.

To finally put an effing bow on this, I’m just curious how much these missed spots contribute to people being frustrated or lost within Drambo.

Forums like this and beepstreet are super helpful, so is YouTube and the creators within the iOS music space who spend their time and energy to explain these little things throughly, but often times having the answer within the app or at one dedicated location is a better experience for the user.

Okay I will completely F the F off now 🥲🙏🏽

• @Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.
    Long press Track header Copy and then Paste which will create a duplicate Track.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

Long press a Track selector button and then the Track selector button you need to copy/duplicate to.

This is misleading because “Duplicate track” should make duplicate track(rack) not copy-paste content from one track(rack) to another.

[email protected]

It's not my preferred wording. It's the common phrase for exact functionality in any software. Try to duplicate a track in any other DAW.

The same function in two DAW's may have different wordings yet do the same thing.
    As a professional you need to know what is acheivable and then you need to find it as quickly as possible.

Well, just for curiosity, I checked command names for track duplication in DAWs you kindly mentioned. 😅

Glad that you found something to do.
    I was speaking broadly not specifically about "duplicating tracks".

Like I've said earlier take it up with the dev.
    My free support is done now.
    The users who asked the question can now duplicate tracks.
    That's more important.

And repeating myself, to change the wording for the menu's etc take it up with the dev.
    I'm not the dev thankfully. ;)

• @offbrands The online manual is a bit more up to date if you need a reference again 👍

https://www.beepstreet.com/drambo-docs/user-interface-overview.html

• @Gravitas said:

Yeah, spreading the dRrambo love - time well spent! 🤩

• @offbrands said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

[email protected]

Firstly, another great update. Can’t wait to see what’s coming next! The layers switch has so many potential benefits that I’m stoked to get into it soon.

This whole above situation I quoted is kind of an issue within Drambo conversing and I don’t know if it’s because people don’t read carefully (which I’m 100% guilty of) or if it’s because the amount of options make it hard to signify exactly what you mean without screenshots, not to mention that all DAWS have different ways of naming essentially the same functions.

Granted, I’m an idiot, but putting that aside. I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time figuring out the UI size change from the new update feature (iPad Only) as I didn’t know what “Launcher” meant.

I personally would LOVE to update this manual, considering it hasn’t received a proper one that I could find sicne 1.1. But I don’t want to encroach or spend time doing it to only find out it’s been updated just not uploaded yet.

Even the “Track” situation quoted above is a bit confusing for everyone involved who have and use Drambo regularly.

I, as evidenced in this over verbose post, have thought about emailing the dev but don’t want to over explain myself to the point of no response lol. I don’t know if they have someone working on it yet. I know things like that can get lost in the weeds.

To further expand on my point - some of the modules on the release don’t have updates within the help setting (? - Button in Drambo) when active.

This post isn’t meant to disparage in any way shape or form. What Drambo is/does/can be is a work of genuine dedication, commitment, and it shows. It’s exceptional.

I feel like I say this often, but doing all the little things necessary when launching anything, especially an app as throughly thought through and modular as Drambo, often leaves plenty of things potentially falling by the wayside. I mean this literally with anything but that’s a whole ass convo for another day.

To finally put an effing bow on this, I’m just curious how much these missed spots contribute to people being frustrated or lost within Drambo.

Forums like this and beepstreet are super helpful, so is YouTube and the creators within the iOS music space who spend their time and energy to explain these little things throughly, but often times having the answer within the app or at one dedicated location is a better experience for the user.

Okay I will completely F the F off now 🥲🙏🏽

We've been discussing the lack of documentation on the Beepstreet forum.
    Yes, there is a lack of documentation for current and new users for sure.
    Many on the dRambo Beta team are living drambo manuals and
    we donate our time to beta testing and providing free online support for users
    as well as coming up with new and innovative ways of using the modules.
    Which basically means we don't have the time to fill in the details for the manual and the modules.
    What would be cool is if we could crowdsource the dRambo wiki but
    as mentioned on the Beepstreet forum, crowdsourcing doesn't always work.
    Have a look at the wiki's for Loopy Pro, huge community sparse documentation.

Obviously there are the videos by ben richards and soundformore
    which cover a lot of ground but they do not cover the most recent changes yet.
    Someone will eventually do it.
    I would but it will take up too much of my time.
    Maybe one day I'll do online tutorials but personally speaking I'm not one for the entitled.
    I generally throw the rattles and dummies back. ;)

I'm going to F the F off now as well because my replies are going to generate some heat.

Lolololol.

• @Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

Yeah, spreading the dRrambo love - time well spent! 🤩

Yeah, time well spent for sure. 🤩

• @offbrands I think you’re looking at this wrong, drambo is more of a try first, understand later

• @pedro said:
    @offbrands I think you’re looking at this wrong, drambo is more of a try first, understand later

Agreed.

If it doesn't blow up then you're on the right path. ;)

• @Gravitas said:

@pedro said:
    @offbrands I think you’re looking at this wrong, drambo is more of a try first, understand later

Agreed.

If it blows up you stepped on a landmine. But autosave usually (if not always) has your back.

• @FordTimeLord said:
    @offbrands The online manual is a bit more up to date if you need a reference again 👍

Thank you! It is a bit more updated. I haven’t seen this but it looks to be a WIP, but helpful nonetheless!

• @pedro said:

@Gravitas said:

@pedro said:

Agreed.

If it blows up you stepped on a landmine. But autosave usually (if not always) has your back.

I hear you.
    I've been designing dRambo+Loopy Pro templates recently and I pushed the memory limit over the edge.
    Loopy Pro went boooom when I tried to save the dRambo file as dRambo is hosting
    and .... 64 guitar and bass loops disappeared with the dreaded Auv3 handle "error".
    I hadn't saved the Loopy Pro file either so....
    I went and made coffee.
    Looked out of the window.
    Took a deep breath and remembered "Autosave".

I was saved. lololol

Now I'm saving both dRambo and Loopy Pro diligently.

• edited October 22

@offbrands said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

[email protected]

First, what I did after the update was go to the multi-track view to finally zoom out the tracks. I 🐒 spent five minutes searching for the launcher icon and tapping on everything. When I closed the multi-track view, there it was.

The launcher icon location information is embedded in the image.

I agree, updated manuals are more than just needed. Giku and the helpful community around dRambo are the reasons I will never give up on this tool.

• @offbrands said:

@FordTimeLord said:
    @offbrands The online manual is a bit more up to date if you need a reference again 👍

Thank you! It is a bit more updated. I haven’t seen this but it looks to be a WIP, but helpful nonetheless!

If you have particular question in regards to the modules,
    let's say you need to PWM something and there's no clear indication or even if it can PWM'd then ask away.
    The more users who ask questions the better overall for all dRambo users.

For those who don't know, "PWM" means "Pulse Width Modulation".

Also bear in mind many of the dRambo modules have equivalents in real
    Eurorack though much simplfied so things like this resource is very useful.

https://learningmodular.com/glossary/

Taking it even further scaling is another thing to take in to consideration
    when experimenting and making your own creations.
    For instance an octave in dRambo is 0.125 and there are many standard values.
    Some modules accept a value of 1, some accept a value of 2 some you can push over the edge.
    It's a modular playground so play with the modules and if you like the sound/s then all is good
    and if you don't like the sound/s change the sound/s until you do. :)

• @offbrands said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

[email protected]

The manual hasn't been updated and your contribution would be very welcome for sure!

Just get in touch please, no reason to hesitate 😊

I've just edited and added new help texts that will be part of the next update.
    If anyone spots any errors or anything missing in the modules' help, please pm or quote me, I'm happy to add it and forward it to @giku.

😊

The fine people here on the forum and over at forum.beepstreet.com have provided a tremendous amount of help during the past years so feel free to post your questions.

• @Luxthor said:

Wholeheartdly agreed.
    It's how I learnt dRambo because I've only read the manual a couple of times and not in it's entirety.
    I learnt dRambo through experimenting and searching for real world equivalents
    and when I didn't know something I asked a question from dRambo power users
    and then delved in even further and made sure that I memorised what I needed
    because searching for and then looking at a tutorial takes up too much time
    and I don't like harassing other users for answers.

I agree, updated manuals are more than just needed.

Agreed especially for new users.

Giku and the helpful community around dRambo are the reasons I will never give up on this tool.

Myself also despite my occasional grumpy outbursts. ;)

• @Luxthor said:

@offbrands said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

[email protected]

First, what I did after the update was go to the multi-track view to finally zoom out the tracks. I 🐒 spent five minutes searching for the launcher icon and tapping on everything. When I closed the multi-track view, there it was.

lol the 🐒 emoji kills me everytime I don’t know why. I’m a manchild it seems.

I’m not even going to embarrass myself with how long it took me, but I did say outloud “oh f—- I’m an idiot, duh” after I did the same thing you mentioned.

The launcher icon location information is embedded in the image.

Cheers! This is from the PDF of the html site that was shared? Cause if it’s on the PDF then it’s just me solidifying my dumbassery 🥲

I agree, updated manuals are more than just needed. Giku and the helpful community around dRambo are the reasons I will never give up on this tool.

I could never give up on this tool! I think it’s healthy to share anecdotes about the tools we use often. Often times the internet is full of ironic short statements to show that users cleverness or experiences from the experienceless summed up in bad takes on things they didn’t give themselves the time to learn.

I wouldn’t spend any time talking about Drambo if I didn’t fully heartily love Drambo. Gikus work led me to open up my curiosity in music creation (one that only used Koala for years, literally just koala) and now I know more about sound, music, modular, eurorack, polyphony, etc., than I ever thought I could grasp. I’ll be forever grateful for that.

• @offbrands said:

I could never give up on this tool! I think it’s healthy to share anecdotes about the tools we use often.

Agreed.
    Hence why both @rs2000 and I mentioned asking questions.
    By the way @rs2000 is a great mentor for dRambo.
    The amount of times I've asked him questions and
    he would either provide a solution or encourage me
    to find my own solutions and more often than not the latter
    so that the knowledge became internalised and unlike myself
    he has huge amounts of patience. :)

Often times the internet is full of ironic short statements to show that users cleverness or experiences from the experienceless summed up in bad takes on things they didn’t give themselves the time to learn.

Agreed, trawlling thorough tutorials can be tedious when the presenter doesn't know their shizzle.

I wouldn’t spend any time talking about Drambo if I didn’t fully heartily love Drambo. Gikus work led me to open up my curiosity in music creation (one that only used Koala for years, literally just koala) and now I know more about sound, music, modular, eurorack, polyphony, etc., than I ever thought I could grasp. I’ll be forever grateful for that.

Myself also.

dRambo!!! 🤩

• @Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

life saver. thank you for the photos and descriptions. this helped a ton.

• @Gravitas said:

@offbrands said:

@FordTimeLord said:

If you have particular question in regards to the modules,
    let's say you need to PWM something and there's no clear indication or even if it can PWM'd then ask away.

That’s totally fair. I usually search and the plethora of conversations within this forum and beepstreers often leads me to the answer I’m looking for. A good lot of your comments and many other users are screenshotted and put into my notes for reference later lol. (I do this because I’m a hoarder for information and one time got effed when a person deleted their account and their comments all vanished. Never again.)

I suppose i’m speaking from the perspective of a person not in any of the forums. The VAST majority of people who experience a tool won’t ask any questions and move on to an easier for them solution. Most people online lurk. I lurked on this forum for … I’ll just say a long time, before I got the nerve to ask or provide input.

The more users who ask questions the better overall for all dRambo users.

Often the case with most tools I find!

For those who don't know, "PWM" means "Pulse Width Modulation".

Also bear in mind many of the dRambo modules have equivalents in real
    Eurorack though much simplfied so things like this resource is very useful.

https://learningmodular.com/glossary/

This is what I use! Basically learning about Drambo while lurking led me to eventually see the commonalities of adverbs I half recognized and eventually figured it out. Honestly THIS tidbit of yours should be the first thing mentioned in the documents. Well done.

Taking it even further scaling is another thing to take in to consideration
    when experimenting and making your own creations.
    For instance an octave in dRambo is 0.125 and there are many standard values.
    Some modules accept a value of 1, some accept a value of 2 some you can push over the edge.
    It's a modular playground so play with the modules and if you like the sound/s then all is good
    and if you don't like the sound/s change the sound/s until you do. :)

Often the case. Trial, error, make fart noises, stumble upon a decent non fart sound that could mistakingly be recognized as musical, forget what I did to make that, save project for use later, forget I saved it, rinse & repeat. 😉

Jokes aside I totally agree with what you’re saying. I found a few users within my lurking of several different forums that I swear wanted to find ways to make the software incompatible with their ever evolving bare minimum necessities needed in order to just create, and I told myself I wouldn’t do that to myself. Only way forward is to experiment.

• @eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

Case in point!

• @Gravitas said:

@offbrands said:

Myself also.

dRambo!!! 🤩

Honestly one of the best music creation tools ever.

The contrarian in me led me to ignore it for a while, then it was the vast amount of capabilities essentially scaring me off. With Koala it was just perfect for my nonsense but once I grasped how much the users here admired and throughly appreciated this tool, I had to give it a go. Couldn’t have made a better choice.

• @offbrands said:

… I’ll just say a long time, before I got the nerve to ask or provide input.

This is a very good point.

If I need to ask something I just ask.
    That's how I learn and I also encourage that in others.
    There's no harm in asking.

Often the case. Trial, error, make fart noises, stumble upon a decent non fart sound that could mistakingly be recognized as musical, forget what I did to make that, save project for use later, forget I saved it, rinse & repeat. 😉

Yup.
    Everyday. ;)

Jokes aside I totally agree with what you’re saying. I found a few users within my lurking of several different forums that I swear wanted to find ways to make the software incompatible with their ever evolving bare minimum necessities needed in order to just create, and I told myself I wouldn’t do that to myself. Only way forward is to experiment.

And that's what dRambo was built for.
    One can make it as streamlined or as beefy as you want, like, need.
    It's a modular playground and so treat it as such.
    Learn the rules of what not to do and then run riot. ;)

The beauty is you can run riot before you share your results. :)

Lolololololol

• @offbrands said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

@Gravitas said:

@eross said:

Yup.

It shouldn’t matter.

Screenshots.

Long press Track header

Case in point!

🙏🏾

• @offbrands said:

@Gravitas said:

@offbrands said:

Myself also.

dRambo!!! 🤩

Honestly one of the best music creation tools ever.

The contrarian in me led me to ignore it for a while, then it was the vast amount of capabilities essentially scaring me off. With Koala it was just perfect for my nonsense but once I grasped how much the users here admired and throughly appreciated this tool, I had to give it a go. Couldn’t have made a better choice.

I got dRambo the day it came out just as the Lockdowns kicked in here in the U.K.
    I opened up dRambo and then said to myself "WTF is this"
    and then gradually realised that it beat the Lockdowns hands down.
    Now here I am designing loads of things and a part of the Beta team.
    So yeah,... ;)

• wimwim
    edited October 22

Tip for getting more useful results out of the Beepstreet Forum search:

Don't use it.

Instead, go to google search, put in your search terms, then append site:forum.beepstreet.com. Thank me later. 👍🏼

• @wim said:

Don't use it.

Lolololol.

Instead, go to google search, put in your search terms, then append site:forum.beepstreet.com. Thank me later. 👍🏼

Good tip.

🙏🏾

• While you were talking about duplicates I’ve duplicated my Loopy/Drambo live rig, just in case 😂

Btw. I just got Move and have to say I much prefer working with Drambo. Move is more pasteurised but Drambo is way more tasty sounding.

I thought that I’d mention it here rather than Ableton Move thread. I’m sending it back.

• @supadom said:
    While you were talking about duplicates I’ve duplicated my Loopy/Drambo live rig, just in case 😂

Ohhhhhhhh.....

I was going to say cute however...
    They're looking good. ;)

Btw. I just got Move and have to say I much prefer working with Drambo. Move is more pasteurised but Drambo is way more tasty sounding.

dRambo is always tasty.

I thought that I’d mention it here rather than Ableton Move thread. I’m sending it back.

You're sending Move back that quick????

dRambo!!!!

🙌🏾

• @wim said:

Don't use it.

Thanking you later, now then. I’ve seen you post this advice before and have used it ever since and it’s been much more helpful! If I’m not mistaken the forum uses the same CMS as this forum, I wonder if the forum owner could make that the default search function like this forum.