Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• _**portabile op 1 field opz porta studio **_

Semi portable iPad+ko2 combo

TE rules

TE rules

TE rules

TE rules

• @DMfan said:

My setup for tonight: a Gravity DJ desk, a Novation Launchkey Mk3 controller, an Arturia Minifuse 2 audio interface, Audio-Technica M40x headphones and the ❤️ of it all, my trusted iPad Air 4 running Roland Zenbeats and too many AUv3s to mention them all. No external power needed, it all runs on a 20000 mAh powerbank. This is a synth powerhouse in a very limited space…

/DMfan🇸🇪

Thanks, I hadn’t heard of gravity desks before and that looks like it will fill a need I have perfectly.

• You’re welcome!

For my use its great, since I don’t have a space where I can have my setup permanently. With this I can set it up anywhere, and don’t necessarily have to move it just beacause the family needs the kitchen table for dinner….😊.

/DMfan🇸🇪

@Tarekith said:

@DMfan said:

My setup for tonight: a Gravity DJ desk, a Novation Launchkey Mk3 controller, an Arturia Minifuse 2 audio interface, Audio-Technica M40x headphones and the ❤️ of it all, my trusted iPad Air 4 running Roland Zenbeats and too many AUv3s to mention them all. No external power needed, it all runs on a 20000 mAh powerbank. This is a synth powerhouse in a very limited space…

/DMfan🇸🇪

Thanks, I hadn’t heard of gravity desks before and that looks like it will fill a need I have perfectly.

• @McD said:

I feel you. Really, I do.

😩

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Obviously the screwdriver of choice for us IOS musicians @McD 😊🙏

• @GeoTony said:
    Obviously the screwdriver of choice for us IOS musicians @McD 😊🙏

Hey! Don’t share all our secrets of music production.

• @McD said:

@GeoTony said:
    Obviously the screwdriver of choice for us IOS musicians @McD 😊🙏

Hey! Don’t share all our secrets of music production.

We've been exposed.

• Got some new led light bars on prime day, and rearranged everything. All those wires are giving me anxiety 🤣 going to get those cleaned up this weekend.

• Semi wireless.

• edited July 23

Here’s my current setup:

• Korg Minilogue (and sometimes Roland SH-4d)
    • 1956 Hammond Chord Organ (for just fun jams and occasionally sampled)
    • Launchpad Pro
    • Launch Control XL
    • Pioneer DDJ FLX 4
    • Pair of Presonas monitors
    • SP404 used as sampler, end of chain effects, and main audio interface
    • Cheap Epiphone Les Paul model guitar
    • Arturia Keystep
    • Powered USB hub
    • iPad

Everything is hooked up and synced with USB midi. I have other synths that I sometimes bring in but those 2 are my main ones as they pretty much cover most synthesis. One is analog and the other digital which also has wavetable and FM. I use Drambo as the main sequencer for live looping along with my other music or stuff I play on the DJ controller.

Now I’m trying to figure out how to fit the equipment on the desk into a case so it wouldn’t take me a long time to setup each time at a show.

• One of the best things I’ve added to my studio is these desk clamp monitor stands. I originally wanted them to create more desk space and feel less cluttered, but this has had a great side effect i was not really planning… a much clearer sound! Having the monitors up off the desk and elevated makes the sound more clear and ear level… its changed my entire mix and provides more clarity
    Highly recommend!

• @reasOne said:
    One of the best things I’ve added to my studio is these desk clamp monitor stands. I originally wanted them to create more desk space and feel less cluttered, but this has had a great side effect i was not really planning… a much clearer sound! Having the monitors up off the desk and elevated makes the sound more clear and ear level… its changed my entire mix and provides more clarity
    Highly recommend!

Looks great and inspiring. Some day when I have kicked the kids out of the house….😂.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

@reasOne said:
    One of the best things I’ve added to my studio is these desk clamp monitor stands. I originally wanted them to create more desk space and feel less cluttered, but this has had a great side effect i was not really planning… a much clearer sound! Having the monitors up off the desk and elevated makes the sound more clear and ear level… its changed my entire mix and provides more clarity
    Highly recommend!

Looks great and inspiring. Some day when I have kicked the kids out of the house….😂.

/DMfan🇸🇪

Haha thanks man and exactly! My son moved out and i claimed this room before he was even finished packing! Its a lot more inspiring to have a place that’s all mine with no wife opinions 🤣

• Bought Neon.

Send a track midi from drum ipad to synth ipad.

Better full screen and writing midi is the usual Drambo record button, instead of midi record module.

• Latest incarnation: Simplicity.

M1 MacBook Air with Dell 27" 4K monitor running Logic Pro 11.1 with 3.5TB of external SSDs.

M1 12.9 iPad Pro 512GB running Logic Pro for iPad 2 with 2TB external SSD. Arturia MiniLab 3 keyboard (I've stowed my Nektar Impact LX61+). I just got the Apple Magic Keyboard for the iPad and it makes a real difference for LP for using keyboard shortcuts!

Monitoring is done with Beyerdynamic DT 700 PRO X

• edited August 4

Shiz about to get weird...

Real weeeeeeiiiiirrrd

Lpx... What a game changer. I didn't know how fluid it could feel. I had gotten used to screen playing with velocity keyboard and have been attempting to use standard 25key for a while. 25 key, I couldn't move freely enough without octave jumping... Flow breaking, indeed

Tapping screen, much akin to my keyboard and mouse production in the past, waaaay too mechanical and I fall into similar patterns

Now, no finger concentration of any kind, pure flow. Will try and post music. Need to figure out camera setup for physical play example... God it's smooth

(And the finger drumming? Bwaaaaaaa... I gotta cork my yammer hole or I'll go in for hours)

Now... To play or to figure out camera... To play or figure out camera

• @PapaBPoppin said:

Real weeeeeeiiiiirrrd

Lpx... What a game changer. I didn't know how fluid it could feel. I had gotten used to screen playing with velocity keyboard and have been attempting to use standard 25key for a while. 25 key, I couldn't move freely enough without octave jumping... Flow breaking, indeed

Tapping screen, much akin to my keyboard and mouse production in the past, waaaay too mechanical and I fall into similar patterns

Now, no finger concentration of any kind, pure flow. Will try and post music. Need to figure out camera setup for physical play example... God it's smooth

(And the finger drumming? Bwaaaaaaa... I gotta cork my yammer hole or I'll go in for hours)

Does that launch pad make it easy to switch auv3s and start recording loops? Lots of set up involved to get a flow??
    Sounds like it’s def making like easier in some ways

• edited August 4

@reasOne said:

@PapaBPoppin said:

Real weeeeeeiiiiirrrd

Does that launch pad make it easy to switch auv3s and start recording loops? Lots of set up involved to get a flow??

Heh, as of now, LP is purely instrument. Swam, synth, drums

JUST got setup 'working' after taking pic: smc-mixer does daw stuff. All in all it's taken a year to get it going xD. But, this is it. This is my setup... It is the first time I can just jam, and minimal screen touching

SMC-Mixer controls expression and daw stuffs. Will def incorporate LPX daw in more, but I wanted a physical Velocity Keyboard, and I got an mfing physical Velocity Keyboard!!

(Edit: Honestly, I would like an MPE keyboard at some point, but for now, I'm only missing the sliding.... And with SWAM the portamento slide covers that necessity perfectly. Just not for MPE synths, but I'll survive xD xD. And again, Velocity Keyboard just clicked for me better than anything else. The second Click was first time I tried the LPX. "Oooohhh!!")

For the drums, top left is Play Undo. Middle 8 are different kits to choose, right are last and next clip select

But then added mixer encoders to move the dials on screen (11 kits, 8 buttons available), so easier selection

Hopefully I'll have video shortly

[Edit nope. All parts worked separately. Test camera. Test iPad record. Test run without recording. All good. Put it all together! No sound from iPad, or screen record stops at 34sec, or phone overheats at 6:30am and I cannot use the camera? Never seen that message before... Next week I'll try again]

• edited August 4

My latest set up. Have a Behringer UMC1820 and ADA8000 giving me 8 stereo pairs going into AUM which is controlled by the Launchpad for mutes etc…
    ![]

• @PapaBPoppin said:

@reasOne said:

@PapaBPoppin said:

Real weeeeeeiiiiirrrd

Heh, as of now, LP is purely instrument. Swam, synth, drums

JUST got setup 'working' after taking pic: smc-mixer does daw stuff. All in all it's taken a year to get it going xD. But, this is it. This is my setup... It is the first time I can just jam, and minimal screen touching

SMC-Mixer controls expression and daw stuffs. Will def incorporate LPX daw in more, but I wanted a physical Velocity Keyboard, and I got an mfing physical Velocity Keyboard!!

(Edit: Honestly, I would like an MPE keyboard at some point, but for now, I'm only missing the sliding.... And with SWAM the portamento slide covers that necessity perfectly. Just not for MPE synths, but I'll survive xD xD. And again, Velocity Keyboard just clicked for me better than anything else. The second Click was first time I tried the LPX. "Oooohhh!!")

For the drums, top left is Play Undo. Middle 8 are different kits to choose, right are last and next clip select

But then added mixer encoders to move the dials on screen (11 kits, 8 buttons available), so easier selection

Hopefully I'll have video shortly

[Edit nope. All parts worked separately. Test camera. Test iPad record. Test run without recording. All good. Put it all together! No sound from iPad, or screen record stops at 34sec, or phone overheats at 6:30am and I cannot use the camera? Never seen that message before... Next week I'll try again]

Cam issues so no view of play, but final practice of the nite!

[CAUTION FLICKERING GREY BOXES]

When shuffling thru auv3s via knobs, they open and close real quick. If issue, please let me know]

AudioLayer with drumdrops Motown kit
    IFretless bass
    Swam flute and tenor trombone
    Played on Launchpad X with M-Vave Mixer on the expressions

• edited August 20

It's not a studio setup, but maybe it could be an inspiration for some minimalist colleagues here.
    iPad Air 2022, Belkin USB-C hub, ADATA Powerbank, Zoom AMS-22 interface and Mooer GWU4 wireless guitar adapter. Hub and powerbank are connected to UGreen LP115 plastic stand with 3M velcro dual-lock tape. ADATA powerbank is plugged into Belkin and can keep IPad and Mooer alive together for hours.

• I finally built my own little home studio :sunglasses:
    Now I need to “just” build up my playing skills :trollface:

• @vlaoladis lol you’re centerpiece is the cable management box. I kid. Nice use of space.

• @vlaoladis said:
    I finally built my own little home studio :sunglasses:
    Now I need to “just” build up my playing skills :trollface:

I think that’s pretty cool. What is that interface your phone is on? Can you hook phone and iPad into it simultaneously? And may I ask which headphones are you using?(I’m a gear nerd)